Found Deceased Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/03/family-seeking-clues-in-missing--womans-disappearance

"The family of a missing Calgary woman hope a public appeal can provide information on her whereabouts.

Missing for a week, family members of 25-year-old Shannon Burgess say the disappearance of the aspiring actress and stand-up comic is out of character.

“It’s completely out of the ordinary,” said Erin Madill, the missing woman’s sister.

“She had all sorts of plans the weekend that she never showed up to — not just obligations, but fun things she was telling us she was looking forward to.”

Burgess was last seen on Nov. 26 by her estranged husband in Calgary".

Shannon's Demo reel (acting) is on youtube:

http://youtu.be/YJVH31Lw5jI

I have to say that I hate the way it starts, only because we know that she's now missing - it made me shiver.

Also check the comments there. One is by Shannon Madill and it appears to be her. Is that her married name (article above mentions estranged husband) or her stage name?

Google + from 2012 (under SM):

https://plus.google.com/116708597669762848303/posts

Shannon Madill Burgess

Attachments

• ShannonBurgess.jpg
    ShannonBurgess.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 811
Calgary Police Service Report on Shannon Madill Burgess

Attachments

• Missing Info.jpg
    Missing Info.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 812
Shannon Madill Burgess

:tyou:

Just want to thank you otto, for all the great pics n' posts, congratulations on your 11 years of being a Wser!

These map are of the apartment in relation to the Inglewood Pub district, where Shannon's family searched when she was initially missing. Also a map of the area around her townhouse, as well as a shot of how she could have left her townhouse out the main floor door.

Attachments

• apt close uip.jpg
    apt close uip.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 52
  • AptParkingLot.jpg
    AptParkingLot.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 50
  • MapOverviewHomeLolitas.jpg
    MapOverviewHomeLolitas.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 50
Are there any locals that can share details about the area? Is it a nice neighborhood?

Is it known whether Shannon traveled to Edmonton to the audition and back by herself?
Did anyone else from Calgary, audition for a role on the same day as Shannon?

These map are of the apartment in relation to the Inglewood Pub district, where Shannon's family searched when she was initially missing. Also a map of the area around her townhouse, as well as a shot of how she could have left her townhouse out the main floor door.

Thank you for these!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any locals that can share details about the area? Is it a nice neighborhood?

if you read the last 5 pages of the initial thread you can get a good idea. in short it is a gentrified older blue collar eastside neighbourhood,, ramsay is slowly getting there but it has its elements. ramsay and Inglewood are side by side smaller communities bordering a once shady Victoria park, east village and an extensive industrial park and main hub rail system for alberta. it once had that down and out feeling but as developers see its relation to downtown Calgary, it is the next IT place to develop.

I wanted to add that; though ottos picture of the route to lolitas is the shorter way, it is not the safest despite being only a few short blocks.

My understanding is that it's a seedy area with a lot of rentals/transient low income properties that were built 80-100 years ago. The area is in transition in the sense that developers are looking to turn the area into a trendy neighborhood, but it's not there yet. A single woman should not be walking in the area by herself at midnight. The streets are poorly lit, and there are narrow walkways (4-5 feet wide) between many of the buildings. There are three bars on 9 Ave near Lolita's Lounge, but they are roughly a 0.8 mile walk from her townhouse (the shortest route). She was without a cell phone. The temperature was between 21-30F. She has a car, but it was parked at home.

Is it known whether Shannon traveled to Edmonton to the audition and back by herself?
Did anyone else from Calgary, audition for a role on the same day as Shannon?

We don't know how she got to Edmonton for the audition, but there were posts from the film group looking for an actress shortly after she vanished ... looking for a replacement and claiming that the person that was cast for the part was "missing".

This is one of the articles about her disappearance - posted the day after the press conference.

Attachments

• Dec6.jpg
    Dec6.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 742
Shannon's disappearance and silence for nearly a month reminds me of cases that are so common on this forum where the couple's marriage is not working, they are still living together, and suddenly the wife is missing under suspicious circumstances. There are three possibilities: suicide (very unlikely), abduction from the street (unlikely since there is no trace of her after she was at home), spousal homicide (husband is cooperative per police statements).

One of the last times SB posted on FB (to YukYuk's FB), she said she was sorry she arrived in Calgary too late to attend the swap event at YukYuk's.. this was around 9:15pm. I looked up YukYuk's (Yuk Yuks Comedy Club, 218 18 Avenue Southeast, Calgary, AB T2G 1L1), and on Google Maps it looks like it is a 5 minute drive and a half-hour walk from her home. I'm wondering if when she posted that FB comment, someone responded by telling her the group was still there and to come on by for drinks and laughs even though the 'event' may have already ended.. she could have made arrangements for someone to come and get her, had her husband drive her, or walked. I guess she could also have taken a bus. It looks like buses run until at least 11pm every 20 minutes. She would have only required her keys and wallet (and phone, but as discussed earlier, it could have been dead, and she could have left it to charge(?)).

I guess in this scenario however, it wouldn't make sense for JB to have seen her at 12;30am when perhaps she would have arrived home, and then for her to go 'missing' again. So it doesn't fit.. unless she waited and didn't go out/get picked up(?) until after 12;30am. Now that I see she made that FB post at 9:15pm, then it doesn't make all that much sense that she would just be leaving after 12;30am, 3.25 hours later, to go out. Sounds like perhaps she was raring to go out, being sorry she missed this event, so if she was still to go out somewhere, why wait until so much later? If SB had gone to YY's after her 9:15pm post, and THEN not been seen after that, that might lead one to wonder if something happened to her on her way home... but it's the 12;30am thing that just isn't fitting. ..... Unless.. if she went to YY's after posting at 9:15pm.. and then came home around midnight.. and then had a spat with JB, and then turned around and left again, and met up with something bad. I hope they checked the YukYuk's cameras.. and talked to people who may have been in attendance there that evening.

Also, the thing about the brakes on her car was posted around midnight the previous night.. at around 2am on the early Wed morning.. and then as mentioned, she posted about arriving 'back in Calgary' too late, at 9:15pm on the Wednesday.. so.. I wonder by which mode of transportation she left Calgary and arrived back in Calgary between those 2 posts.

One of the last times SB posted on FB (to YukYuk's FB), she said she was sorry she arrived in Calgary too late to attend the swap event at YukYuk's.. this was around 9:15pm. I looked up YukYuk's (Yuk Yuks Comedy Club, 218 18 Avenue Southeast, Calgary, AB T2G 1L1), and on Google Maps it looks like it is a 5 minute drive and a half-hour walk from her home. I'm wondering if when she posted that FB comment, someone responded by telling her the group was still there and to come on by for drinks and laughs even though the 'event' may have already ended.. she could have made arrangements for someone to come and get her, had her husband drive her, or walked. I guess she could also have taken a bus. It looks like buses run until at least 11pm every 20 minutes. She would have only required her keys and wallet (and phone, but as discussed earlier, it could have been dead, and she could have left it to charge(?)).

I guess in this scenario however, it wouldn't make sense for JB to have seen her at 12;30am when perhaps she would have arrived home, and then for her to go 'missing' again. So it doesn't fit.. unless she waited and didn't go out/get picked up(?) until after 12;30am. Now that I see she made that FB post at 9:15pm, then it doesn't make all that much sense that she would just be leaving after 12;30am, 3.25 hours later, to go out. Sounds like perhaps she was raring to go out, being sorry she missed this event, so if she was still to go out somewhere, why wait until so much later? If SB had gone to YY's after her 9:15pm post, and THEN not been seen after that, that might lead one to wonder if something happened to her on her way home... but it's the 12;30am thing that just isn't fitting. ..... Unless.. if she went to YY's after posting at 9:15pm.. and then came home around midnight.. and then had a spat with JB, and then turned around and left again, and met up with something bad. I hope they checked the YukYuk's cameras.. and talked to people who may have been in attendance there that evening.

Also, the thing about the brakes on her car was posted around midnight the previous night.. at around 2am on the early Wed morning.. and then as mentioned, she posted about arriving 'back in Calgary' too late, at 9:15pm on the Wednesday.. so.. I wonder by which mode of transportation she left Calgary and arrived back in Calgary between those 2 posts.

Was she in Calgary when she mentioned problems with the brakes? The trip to Edmonton is 3 hours, and we heard from her sister that she spent time with friends in Edmonton (press conference). With the audition, and time with friends, it sounds like she drove up on Tuesday, maybe went out with friends Tuesday night, had brake trouble in Edmonton, presumably fixed the brakes (she couldn't safely make the three hour drive home without brakes), drove home on Wednesday evening - arriving around 9. That is, there's hardly enough time in one day to spend six hours driving to and from Edmonton, having an audition, visiting with friends and being home at 9PM. Perhaps Shannon paid for the brakes on a shared visa that is in her husband's name ... perhaps spending was a sore point given that they are "estranged" while living together and Shannon's income may be minimal. That could certainly lead to a conflict that might erupt into a serious problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater