Invisible Crust created for fussy kids

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A crust-free loaf has been created for fussy children. Workers at Hovis spent two years creating the Invisible Crust.

The experts found that a third of parents cut the crusts off the bread for their children reports The Sun.

The Invisible Crust is made by baking bread at a lower temperature to prevent its outside hardening.

A spokesman said: "It was a challenge."

The loaf will be launched next month.
------------------------

I hope they launch it into outer space :sick:

I have been buying a crustless bread for over a year now. I have to admit, I myself, will tear off the crust of my own sandwiches :eek: I cant remember the brand name that I have been buying, but it has the name "kids" in it, but ...Mom's like it too! :crazy:

I too, must confess I'm also a "de-cruster"

I leave my toast and sandwich crusts, cut crusts off my bread, just don't do crust.

I even give that hard rim of pie crust to my hubby, who says it's the best part of the pie.

I once cut my hand badly because I was reduced to eating a bread "heel", and was determined to thinly slice off the back of it to make it more like a "normal" peice of bread.

And yes I'm one of those people who opens a fresh loaf of sliced bread and immediately reaches into it for the middle slices.

What can I say, except "let's hear it for crustless bread!"

LOL!! Me too!! I used to find one by Wonder that was square and had just the bottom crust all the way around. I can handle the bottom but not very fond of the top crust. I don't always cut it off though, so I am getting a bit better about it. :slap: :angel: :angel:

mom-a-licious said:

I leave my toast and sandwich crusts, cut crusts off my bread, just don't do crust.

I even give that hard rim of pie crust to my hubby, who says it's the best part of the pie.

I once cut my hand badly because I was reduced to eating a bread "heel", and was determined to thinly slice off the back of it to make it more like a "normal" peice of bread.

And yes I'm one of those people who opens a fresh loaf of sliced bread and immediately reaches into it for the middle slices.

Wow, nice to know there's at least a few other adult no-cruster's out there...

those little sandwiches cut in different shapes with the crusts cut off, the ones served on little trays at teas and parties...they always look so appealing...

mom-a-licious said:

LoL!! I guess some of us never grow up! I also reach into the bag for the 3rd and beyond piece. I LOVE wonder bread only! I am not much of a "cutter" of the crust, more of a "pealer". lol...! I dont eat pie crust either, and if I am eating a square cake, I only want the "inner" piece. Only like the inner pieces of meatloaf too :eek:

Wow - I'm just the opposite! I love pie crust, and I like the crust on my bread if the bread is very, very fresh. I do tend to go for the slices towards the middle of the loaf, and I'll thrown an entire loaf in the trash if it isn't super fresh. As for meatloaf, cake, brownies, etc....I like the outer pieces because they have that little crust on them!

Mitty said:
Wow - I'm just the opposite! I love pie crust, and I like the crust on my bread if the bread is very, very fresh. I do tend to go for the slices towards the middle of the loaf, and I'll thrown an entire loaf in the trash if it isn't super fresh. As for meatloaf, cake, brownies, etc....I like the outer pieces because they have that little crust on them!

I'll save you all my crusts! After all, I feel soooo guilty throwing them all away.

:)

I don't mind bread crust but I am with you on the pie crusts!

FOr that matter if I bake something that normally uses pie crust I will use either graham cracker crust or for things like quiche I use frozen hash brown potatoes ...
Defrost and mold into pie pan then bake at 350 till just a tiny bit browned ....

mom-a-licious said:

I do exactly the same thing. I don't care for the crust on bread or on pies. UGH! And I dig straight to the middle of a loaf of bread myself! :D :D :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back