1169 users online (245 members and 924 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

PA - Shane M. Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 - #4

Shane M. Montgomery - W/M/21 - 5'10" - 145 Lbs. - Green Eyes - Short Brown Hair

Manayunk, Philadelphia County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 2

Fri., Nov. 28th: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...r-in-manayunk/ :

$ 10,000 Reward --- Includes Photo

Fri., Nov. 28th: http://blog.phillypolice.com/2014/11...-5th-district/

Area Weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USPA1276:1:US

[ Check Back for Updates at: http://blog.phillypolice.com/tag/missing-person/ ]

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 01-02-2015 at 09:25 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PA - Shane M. Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 - #4

Please continue here for Shane

take it to the bank, I don't think it's unusual about the friend's not posting on twitter around that time. I was only answering the question the poster asked about the rumored friends deleting their texts. But I will say this did you ever go out with people and they are tagging themselves on FB and documenting their every move. Not saying this group of friends would do this. But the actual Roxborough rumor was is that the friends deleted all their texts from Shane that was the rumor. Again, if this happens to be true I would think they would have done so in fear that Shane or themselves would get in trouble for the MJ use. Again IMO only. Or that they were partying/drinking as we know this is not unusal for 21 year olds. As they don't understand LE could care less about stuff like this they overlook things like this as they just want to find the Missing person. But LE/FBI are on top of this as they had cousin's phone and can obtain phone records from Shane and other friends if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy124 View Post
    take it to the bank, I don't think it's unusual about the friend's not posting on twitter around that time. I was only answering the question the poster asked about the rumored friends deleting their texts. But I will say this did you ever go out with people and they are tagging themselves on FB and documenting their every move. Not saying this group of friends would do this. But the actual Roxborough rumor was is that the friends deleted all their texts from Shane that was the rumor. Again, if this happens to be true I would think they would have done so in fear that Shane or themselves would get in trouble for the MJ use. Again IMO only. Or that they were partying/drinking as we know this is not unusal for 21 year olds. As they don't understand LE could care less about stuff like this they overlook things like this as they just want to find the Missing person. But LE/FBI are on top of this as they had cousin's phone and can obtain phone records from Shane and other friends if need be.
    Yea I agree with what you're saying, I just wanted to point out another possible reason for there not being tweets during those Thanksgiving Eve hours.

First and I would never post it here except there seems to be a lot of information that is being misconstrued because either someone doesn't read the whole post or they omit a word that changes the context of the post.

1. When I asked if someone saw anything about the body found in the Schuylkill it was NOT A LINK NOT A RUMOR NOT OLD NEWS this was spoken words on Channel 6 early in the morning. I came here to see if anyone on here HEARD (OUT OF A NEWS ANCHORS MOUTH) the news on tv

2. I asked if anyone noticed that when reading other BB and news stories under comments some people deleted their previous answers

3. Deleted Text I'm not privy to that info, and since I don't know for sure I could only speculate on why if true they would do this? This isn't spreading rumors this is trying to find answers. I'm sorry I would think that spreading rumors would be posted at other sites. I only post here.

4. I have spent countless hours in mud searching through trash and River banks, This isn't a game to me. This is someone's family member. I have volunteered my time to do this quietly without any expectations. I left the River when I was down there when it started to get crowded because of who I was with and didn't want anyone to know who I was . Our goal is to bring this boy home. I don't care other then trying to figure out where to go next to search about rumors. Before someone comes here and insinuates the spreading of rumor or being upset with what information is being posted please know that everyone here is trying so hard to find this boy. This isn't a gossip site this is brilliant minds that all think differently, coming together without restraint that the LE have, with less information to go on. There is not (at least from me) any judgement of Shane's lifestyle or what he did.

I'm off now to grab a coffee and head out to figure out where to go next.

There are 3 guys from the area missing (that I know of): Shane, Paul Kochu (missing from Pittsburgh but from Pottstown in MontCo), and Joel Yodis (https://www.facebook.com/bringjoelback). A friend of mine lives in Joel's building and knows him...nobody has seen him since Sunday.

I doubt they are connected but it's still weird. Posting this b/c someone mentioned about the guy (Joel) from Phoenixville missing.

I'm local but didn't have it on channel 6 this AM. I wonder if they'll have more info at noon??

Quote Originally Posted by Jasp View Post
    First and I would never post it here except there seems to be a lot of information that is being misconstrued because either someone doesn't read the whole post or they omit a word that changes the context of the post.

1. When I asked if someone saw anything about the body found in the Schuylkill it was NOT A LINK NOT A RUMOR NOT OLD NEWS this was spoken words on Channel 6 early in the morning. I came here to see if anyone on here HEARD (OUT OF A NEWS ANCHORS MOUTH) the news on tv

2. I asked if anyone noticed that when reading other BB and news stories under comments some people deleted their previous answers

3. Deleted Text I'm not privy to that info, and since I don't know for sure I could only speculate on why if true they would do this? This isn't spreading rumors this is trying to find answers. I'm sorry I would think that spreading rumors would be posted at other sites. I only post here.

4. I have spent countless hours in mud searching through trash and River banks, This isn't a game to me. This is someone's family member. I have volunteered my time to do this quietly without any expectations. I left the River when I was down there when it started to get crowded because of who I was with and didn't want anyone to know who I was . Our goal is to bring this boy home. I don't care other then trying to figure out where to go next to search about rumors. Before someone comes here and insinuates the spreading of rumor or being upset with what information is being posted please know that everyone here is trying so hard to find this boy. This isn't a gossip site this is brilliant minds that all think differently, coming together without restraint that the LE have, with less information to go on. There is not (at least from me) any judgement of Shane's lifestyle or what he did.

I'm off now to grab a coffee and head out to figure out where to go next.
    I back you up 100% Jasp and we know you saw this on the news. We know you truly care and just want to find Shane like all of us! You did not get this through "Roxborough Rumors" as the new poster suggested, you saw it on the morning news. I wish I could help you search today but I am working. And as you said we are not the ones posting to family members FB accounts and on FB. We know this would be painful to the familiy. That's why I educated the new KC member what websleuthers was all about. You are not spreading rumors. Everyone supports each other either whether our theories prove to be true or not. Beautifully said Jasp.

RSBM, BBM

Quote Originally Posted by Jasp View Post

///snipped for clarity to point///
    I am not sure if the link below (which was posted on 6ABC before today so I assume the "Friday" referenced in the story was last Friday, 12/19/2014) is an archived, relatively old or new story. It is not date-stamped. The location is approximately 6 miles from Venice Island. The story also is from 6ABC and I have not found any other references to such a reported discovery. Odd, and similar to your experience with the from-the-anchor's-mouth story...

I hope this isn't a news organization attempting to 'scoop' future 'body found' discoveries (by creating story pages for multiple locations along the river?) and they unknowingly published one of the many links to the production web site. Speculation, of course, and not very likely. So, then, is this or is this not a current story?

http://6abc.com/news/body-found-in-s...outh-st/23743/
    ......... ..........
    .my opinions are my own.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post
    RSBM, BBM

I am not sure if the link below (which was posted on 6ABC before today so I assume the "Friday" referenced in the story was last Friday, 12/19/2014) is an archived, relatively old or new story. It is not date-stamped. The location is approximately 6 miles from Venice Island. The story also is from 6ABC and I have not found any other references to such a reported discovery. Odd, and similar to your experience with the from-the-anchor's-mouth story...

I hope this isn't a news organization attempting to 'scoop' future 'body found' discoveries (by creating story pages for multiple locations along the river?) and they unknowingly published one of the many links to the production web site. Speculation, of course, and not very likely. So, then, is this or is this not a current story?

It might be helpful to contact them and ask what that was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMaureen View Post
    RSBM, BBM

That finding I believe was from April 2014. See link below:

http://6abc.com/archive/9491811/

Jasp, I totally understood your first post about hearing the news on TV Channel 6. Another poster confirmed they read it on the Ch 6 website, but that it was later removed. I think that somehow the news anchors got hold of that old Sept information and that is how it got verbally said and written on their site.

You know, in reading Chucky Mo's link, I accessed a similar story on 12/23, posted it here, and immediately deleted my post within 2 minutes, realizing it was the September story, and I explained why in my next post. I think 6ABC needs to stop reporting on these events until they have more details. I almost get the feeling they are posting these vague body found in Schuykill stories, as sort of a gotcha to people who are following this topic's story. If that is why Chuck means by "'scoop' future 'body found' discoveries," then 6ABC really should stop doing that. This news practice only leads to people like that Kevin fella going on a witch hunt for the rumor spreaders. I don't think people on WS are interested in anything different than Kevin is, closure for the family. I think the news organizations (in this case 6abc) need to be held to a higher standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Klimpt View Post
    That finding I believe was from April 2014. See link below:

http://6abc.com/archive/9491811/
    It would be so great if news stations stamped their articles/videos with the original publication date. It's always been a pet peeve of mine but in a case like this it leads to heartbreaking confusion. Grr.

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast