2014 in conspiracy theories

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Daily Telegraph:

Ebola is a bio-weapon designed by the US government. Rosetta was an attempt to make contact with aliens.
The leader of Isil is secretly Jewish. We guide you through the headlines They don't want you to know....

There is a saying in computer science: 'Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity'.

But in the world of global politics, that's just an easy way for the secret masters of our world to pull the wool over the eyes of sheeple.

Here, laid bare before the world, is the secret truth.... What you are about to read may change your life forever.

Actually, we cannot emphasise strongly enough that these conspiracy theories are almost certainly nonsense.
the theories explicated at link above....

Salon:

The 5 most insidious conspiracy theories of 2014
From MH370 speculation to Ebola hysteria, it's been a banner year for tin-foil hat wearers across the country

---
I’ve found that the conspiracy theories spread most widely — and the ones that seem plausible to many, unfortunately — are those based on current headlines and often propagated by public figures such as politicians, celebrities and media figures. They travel by word-of-mouth at light speed and become “a known fact.” These theories are often believed by those who assume there must be a coherence behind world events and occurrences don’t just happen randomly. Using that as our criteria, here are the most insidious conspiracy theories of 2014.
---
read all about 'em at link above....

The Advocate....

The Year's Craziest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theories About LGBT People

While LGBT people have made great strides toward political and social equality in the past year, we’ve also continued to get the blame for a variety of ills — natural disasters, autism, even the crisis in Ukraine. The good news is that most people don’t take these accusations very seriously; the bad news is that some of the right-wing nutjobs making them are running for or even winning office, or have a following among certain religious believers. For our part, we think lampooning them is an important element in fighting them. Herewith, some of the leading LGBT-related conspiracy theories from the tinfoil hat crowd.
---
all this and more at link above....

Gosh, and I thought it was not a particularly interesting or exciting year......:fear:

Wow. There are some seriously wacky people out there.

Wow. There are some seriously wacky people out there.
Yeppers.

I have to admit, though, I do love to read this stuff -- probably largely on account of what I view as the quite probable assassination conspiracies of the '60s: JFK, RFK, MLK, even Malcom X's, murders weren't as they originally seemed.

(Also, a certain 17th c. conspiracy -- the likelihood that Edward De Vere, Earl Oxford, wrote the plays we attribute to Shakespeare -- is a little reading hobby of mine.)

So I admit that, while "the Beatles never existed" theory is in essence a laff riot, I did enjoy "reading up" on it, lol -- probably because in junior high I was fascinated by the then-current "Paul is dead" rumors.

I have to admit I am reading a conspiracy type book right now. It is a riot. Basically, this author claims that the musicians and artists that came out of Laurel Canyon (Los Angeles area) in the 60's and 70's (think the Doors, Mamas and Papas, etc.) were all a part of a government conspiracy to discredit the counterculture at the time.

I have to admit I am reading a conspiracy type book right now. It is a riot. Basically, this author claims that the musicians and artists that came out of Laurel Canyon (Los Angeles area) in the 60's and 70's (think the Doors, Mamas and Papas, etc.) were all a part of a government conspiracy to discredit the counterculture at the time.
I call nexties! I've heard of this'n. In this genre's lower reaches, the less likely, the better!

So I was over in a gardening forum ( a very large one) and someone posted a question/complaint about why her garden hadn't done well that year. Pretty much a normal posting on that forum. People start offering suggestions about weather, soil conditions, etc. and the original poster pipes up with the idea that the "chem trails" overhead are causing her plants not to grow. **sigh**

Nah, it's either Obama or the pernicious anti-gun lobby OR BOTH OR BOTH. (Adjusts tinfoil hat at jaunty angle on noggin.)

I am not sure what the benefit would be to taking him down (from a conspiracy theory standpoint)

Daily Telegraph:

Ebola is a bio-weapon designed by the US government. Rosetta was an attempt to make contact with aliens.
The leader of Isil is secretly Jewish. We guide you through the headlines They don't want you to know....

the theories explicated at link above....

Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye West and Beyoncé are not members of the Illuminati but they are most definitely controlled by the Illuminati. Come on now.

Oooh, there's a giant website dedicated to this. I spent a night or two completely obsessed.

Are we getting a 2015 thread? Please say yes and please include Jade Helm. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back