645 users online (70 members and 575 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MD - Catherine Mace, 42, Havre de Grace, 26 Dec 2014

Catherine Mace

Police, Family Search For Missing Woman
    Havre de Grace Police, and other agencies are looking for a 42-year-old woman who has been missing since early Friday morning. Catherine Mace is 42-years-old, and her mother says Mace suffers from Huntington's Disease, a neurological disease that impacts her motor skills. Jean Breitenbach told WBAL News that the disease causes her to appear delirious and her daughter needs medication. Havre de Grace Police along with Harford County SHeriff's deputies, DNR Police and volunteers have searched nearby wooded and along Route 155 for Mace.
    http://www.wbal.com/article/112623/3...-missing-woman
    Last edited by los2188; 12-27-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Huntington's disease is a horrible, unrelenting, uniformly fatal neurological disease. I would be very, VERY concerned about self-harm!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Exhaustive search fails to locate Havre de Grace woman missing since Friday
    Police in Havre de Grace continue to search for a 43-year-old woman who was last seen early Friday morning and who remains missing as of Sunday afternoon. The exhaustive search, which has included several area police agencies, volunteer firefighters and two helicopter units, has yet to locate Catherine Elizabeth Mace, who was last seen since around 2 a.m. Friday at her home in the 900 block of Greenway Court, according to the Havre de Grace Police Department. One potential lead was reported over the Harford County emergency radio network shortly before 1 p.m. Sunday; however, no other details were immediately available.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...228-story.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Heartbreaking. I hope she is found safe, yet in this situation I respect her right to make her own decisions about her life. Trying to put that delicately so as not to seem insensitive. I hope her family gets closure quickly, one way or another.

This is strange but I was on a very early shuttle going to LAX (Los Angeles airport) on Sat 27th. There was a woman who looked exactly like Catherine and was acting odd (I thought she was drunk). I don't see how she would have gotten from MD to CA so I'm guessing it was a look-alike? It was about 4am and I hadn't slept much but I swear she looked so similar and the Huntington's may explain her behavior. Not sure I should report this since it sounds almost impossible.

Better safe than sorry, eya. Stranger things have happened.

I'm leaning more towards self-harm at this stage, until more is released from LE - Huntington's is a horrible, horrible illness. I wonder the circumstances around her disappearance?

Prayers for this woman and her family, I hope she is found safely soon.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Havre de Grace police continue search for missing woman
    February 5, 2014
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...205-story.html
    Despite a lack of "fresh leads," Havre de Grace Police are still searching for Catherine Elizabeth Mace, a city resident who has been missing for six weeks, a police department spokesperson said Wednesday.
    "Right now, all indications are, she left on her own free will," Gilpin said. "Where she could have gone, we're not sure."
    He said searchers initially concentrated on areas near her neighborhood where she liked to walk, such as the Havre de Grace Community Center and the vicinity of the Vulcan Materials Company quarry on the north side of the city.
    "We had tons of people out there trying to help out, but unfortunately nothing turned up," Gilpin lamented.

So sad... RIP, Catherine.