GUILTY AZ - Leah Costa, 15, Buckeye, 24 December 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Leah Costa
27717755_BG2.jpg
27717755_BG1.jpg

Buckeye girl went missing on Christmas eve
Police are searching for a teenage girl who went missing on Christmas Eve in Buckeye. Costa ran away from her parents' house, possibly with her 17-year-old-boyfriend, according to a Buckeye police press release. On Saturday, Arizona Department of Public Safety officers found Costa's boyfriend, whose name has not been released, walking along Interstate 10 at milepost 78. The 17-year-old was disoriented and dehydrated with torn clothing. He couldn't confirm what had happened, but said he had been with Leah, who was last seen at the truck stop at 339th Avenue and I-10, according to the press release.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-girl-went-missing-on-christmas-eve/20967201/

The distance between Leah's home and the truck stop where she was last seen is about 17-18 miles, depending on the route. According to Google Maps, it would be a 6 hour walk (if you didn't stop) or a 20 minute drive. I was wondering if she was actually last seen on Christmas Day rather than Christmas Eve, if they walked the entire way, but I doubt that was the case.

Maybe hitchhiking gone wrong? Truck stops aren't very safe for young women, and perhaps getting a ride from someone was how they got to the truck stop in the first place. When the boyfriend couldn't find her or her ride, perhaps he started walking again and continued to walk for a couple days. That would explain why he couldn't really describe what happened - maybe he doesn't know, either. I'm giving the kid the benefit of the doubt here, though...

I'm very concerned for this girl.

Yeah, the description of the boyfriend (the state in which he was found) sounds scary!

Yeah, the description of the boyfriend (the state in which he was found) sounds scary!

Not sure what the weather is actually like in AZ right now, but I know that it tends to stay pretty warm over there. So the dehydration and exhaustion doesn't surprise me, especially if he had been walking for a long time. The torn clothing is what really worries me because it signals that he may have been in a struggle with someone.

Not sure what the weather is actually like in AZ right now, but I know that it tends to stay pretty warm over there. So the dehydration and exhaustion doesn't surprise me, especially if he had been walking for a long time. The torn clothing is what really worries me because it signals that he may have been in a struggle with someone.

The weather in Buckeye has been very cool for AZ standards for the past 5 days. Highs in the upper 50's and lows dipping into the upper 30's. The dehydration could easily be a result of not being prepared and not taking fluids for a couple of days. I agree the torn clothing and state of mind are worrisome. The I-10 is not a place you would want to be walking along period. I hope they find Leah today!

This one says they were also at Milepost 71. Is that nearer or further than Milepost 78?

http://www.kpho.com/story/27717755/boyfriend-of-missing-buckeye-teen-found-disoriented-along-i-10

The teen was unable to tell the DPS officer where he had been or the whereabouts of the girl. He confirmed she was with him and was last seen at the TA Truck Stop at 339th Avenue and I-10. He also recalled they were at the Burnt Wells Rest Area off I-10 at Milepost 71...

The girl is described as 5'3" tall and weighs 187 pounds. She has brown hair and eyes.

Costa was last seen wearing a blue and white checkered plaid shirt with a black tank top, blue jeans and black high-top shoes. She wears glasses. The boy, however, said she may be wearing a red plaid shirt.

Burnt Wells Rest Area is even further from Buckeye than the other rest area (TA Tonopah). I wonder if they got as far as Burnt Wells, then decided to go back home, stopped at TA Tonopah to rest, something happened, and the boyfriend continued his journey home without her until the police found him.

I'm not sure if I should suspect the kid, but something is weird here, and Leah still hasn't been found after several days.

Burnt Wells Rest Area is even further from Buckeye than the other rest area (TA Tonopah). I wonder if they got as far as Burnt Wells, then decided to go back home, stopped at TA Tonopah to rest, something happened, and the boyfriend continued his journey home without her until the police found him.

I'm not sure if I should suspect the kid, but something is weird here, and Leah still hasn't been found after several days.
Biting my tongue.....

The circumstances here seem a bit bizarre. Hopefully she's safe and just hasn't been spotted yet, but it's worrying given the condition the boyfriend was found in.

I think that the circumstances are VERY bizarre. Almost like a movie script. Made up by a teenager?

There is a lot of vacant land out there if they wandered from the highway. I make that rip 2-3times a year and there is nothing for miles between Tonopah and Quartzite. Lots of trucks though and depending on the rest areas and if they are open, there could be dangerous situations out there. I am worried about this girl.

What's also scary is I feel that Leah got less attention as a supposed runaway. Now it doesn't feel like a runaway case. But it still hasn't garnered attention.

Damn. I'll bet that's her. With the limited information we have, I think Leah was abducted from a rest stop. Her boyfriend may have been somewhere else when it happened (maybe in the bathroom) which is why he doesn't know what happened. Although, if there was a struggle and he was knocked unconscious, he probably wouldn't know what happened anyway, and that would explain the ripped shirt. Hopefully more comes to him the better he gets.

The body was found right between the two places that Leah was supposedly last seen. It sounds like they found her :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back