MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
26316984-7cf4-43f2-8577-119375693be5_zps5c423847.png

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Jessica Chambers' father to her killer: 'They're coming for you.'

"To the person that done this: They're coming for you. They're working day and night, day and night, away from their own families," Ben Chambers said.

Jessica Chambers' father said when the person who killed his little girl is found, he hopes they put them in solitary confinement, and he made a vow.

"Because I promise as long as I have breath in me I can talk to people and make sure they're not comfortable in there," Ben Chambers said

#JusticeForJessica reward fund grows, lab results expected next week
Posted: Dec 19, 2014 5:02 PM CST Updated: Dec 19, 2014 6:38 PM CST
By Michael Clark

[...]

"We're probably approaching about 100 people that have been talked to in a case. When a name comes up, during the course of an investigation a team is sent out to interview them to see what they know," Champion said.

George Mister and Rachael Tutor say they're the latest to be questioned in Jessica Chambers murder.

"They kept us up there for like 6,7,8 hours, said Mister. "I took a lie detector test, I took a swab test."

Investigators wouldn't confirm the pair was questioned, but a jail log shows Mister's name on the date in question.

"They questioned me about a text message that I sent Jessica, two days before, and I guess that was why they may have thought something, I don't know," said Tutor.
If you have information that may lead to an arrest, please contact the Panola County Sheriff's Office at (662) 563-6230.

Skibaboo's Map

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 **Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION***

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

WHAT SITES CAN I LINK?

1. Mainstream media news (MSM)
2. Justice for Jessica Lane FB -- https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE
3. Law enforcement websites

CAN I LINK TO A BLOG?

NO blogs are approved in this case at the moment.

CAN I LINK TO A FB PAGE OTHER THAN THE "JUSTICE FOR" PAGE?

MSM or LE related FB and Twitter pages; and Jessica's personal page. Remember, you CANNOT post names of her FB friends, sleuth her friends, or gossip about them.

CAN I POST ABOUT WHAT I READ AT AN OFF LIMITS SITE?

NO. If the site can't be linked, then you can't post what you read on it.

CAN I POST PHOTOS FROM A PERSONAL FB PAGE?

NO. Images must come from an approved source (i.e., MSM) and be accompanied by a link to the source.
Rules: Etiquette & Information

[...]

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player.

[...]

Posting a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Thank you bessie.
:gomods:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also understand why anyone close to a murder victim would feel the need to visit the site where it happened and to speak up for justice for that victim. I do not know nor can I tell by what L said as to what time she actually drove on Herron road that night/afternoon. I will just take her comments to mean "If I had been driving down this road when this terrible thing was happening I would have done anything to save Jessica". The way it was spoken seemed to be saying she was driving by there near or at the time of the murder when she said "I can't believe I didn't see anything". I'm quite sure that this woman is grieving for JC as well as for her family and friends and wishes she had seen something.
:moo:

Mods, can you list who can be sleuthed at this point? Thanks!

It's like walking on broken glass figuring out who is sleuth worthy, I would think. Do you think the perp/s who did this may have gone through some trouble to shed their clothes afterwards, like burn them in another fire, or somehow, their shoes especially. They would have probably done that in less public setting, better time or far away? Who is missing their shoes, muddy, maybe strange burned smelling shoes, with evidence from a crime scene on them? Lots of people may get new shoes for Christmas, but not many people change their normal shoes to new ones before. I hope whoever owns those shoes that stomped around the crime scene, that may have disappeared off their feet after Saturday night, I do hope they know somebody who noticed it, who is decent enough to call in a tip, may be even get the reward.

I also understand why anyone close to a murder victim would feel the need to visit the site where it happened and to speak up for justice for that victim. I do not know nor can I tell by what L said as to what time she actually drove on Herron road that night/afternoon. I will just take her comments to mean "If I had been driving down this road when this terrible thing was happening I would have done anything to save Jessica". The way it was spoken seemed to be saying she was driving by there near or at the time of the murder when she said "I can't believe I didn't see anything". I'm quite sure that this woman is grieving for JC as well as for her family and friends and wishes she had seen something.
:moo:

Perhaps so but I think any comments made to the media or in social media by anyone close to her whether it be family or friends should be scrutinized. It's how they finally captured the killers of Skylar Neese.

It's like walking on broken glass. Do you think the perp/s who did this may have gone through some trouble to shed their clothes afterwards, like burn them in another fire, or somehow, their shoes especially. They would have probably done that in less public setting, better time or far away? Who is missing their shoes, muddy, maybe strange burned smelling shoes, with evidence from a crime scene on them?

Heavy-duty shoes such as, for example, work boots probably wouldn't need to be thrown away. I think whoever did it probably left as soon as they were sure the fire had started and didn't stay around to watch the results. *

It's like walking on broken glass. Do you think the perp/s who did this may have gone through some trouble to shed their clothes afterwards, like burn them in another fire, or somehow, their shoes especially. They would have probably done that in less public setting, better time or far away? Who is missing their shoes, muddy, maybe strange burned smelling shoes, with evidence from a crime scene on them?

Good point. A rural area, fires are popular. Bonfires are popular. LE should check.

All of that are wonderful ideas. Just curious, why did you reply to post? I am asking for specific names that can be sleuthed on this thread. Jessica and.... I am just a little confused.
No one has been labeled a person of interest or suspect so IMO "no one" can be sleuthed here, at websleuths at this time. That's just a guess by me but maybe someone else has better info.
Other sites have their own standards so I think some people read or post other places until a POI is named.

Perhaps so but I think any comments made to the media or in social media by anyone close to her whether it be family or friends should be scrutinized. It's how they finally captured the killers of Skylar Neese.
Statements made to the media can be questioned and analyzed. You cannot, however, make direct accusations, nor can you dig up personal information and post it here. If and when there is an arrest, or LE indicates they are looking at a particular person, the rules will change somewhat.

I have not read one article that indicated what time JC's friend rode past the place where JC's car was found. I have not seen any report of her night fishing either. Can someone please provide links?

BBM...Social Media can be looked at and scrutinized, but it cant be talked about here, and with good reason. FB pages can be hacked, and many HAVE been hacked. I dare say most of the info that keeps tiptoeing in here from FB pages came directly from screenshots of hacked accounts that have been made public elsewhere. If someone has the ability to hack an account, they have the ability to alter posts as well. Pics can be photoshopped. A hacked account may be interesting to look at, and again, I think most of us here know where to find them and have seen them....but I wouldn't stake too much money on the authenticity of all of them. JMO

This is one of those "this post falls at random" things, but after having read faithfully most every entry on the Jessica threads I think it's an important bit of TOS that should be remembered:

Threats, Racism & Sexism:

Threads or posts promoting or expressing intolerant views towards groups based on their characteristics (such as race, religion, sexual preference, etc.) will not be tolerated.

This is a great site and should be a tolerant one; the only thing we should oppose unilaterally here is injustice.

No one has been labeled a person of interest or suspect so IMO "no one" can be sleuthed here, at websleuths at this time. That's just a guess by me but maybe someone else has better info.
Other sites have their own standards so I think some people read or post other places until a POI is named.

Thanks. This is what I thought. (modsnip)

Heavy-duty shoes such as, for example, work boots probably wouldn't need to be thrown away. I think whoever did it probably left as soon as they were sure the fire had started and didn't stay around to watch the results. *

I think you're right because Jessica was still alive when the 911 call was made and LE responded. Her killer probably did not stick around or I think they would have been seen. Also means her killer wasn't aware she not only was still alive, she spoke to first responders. This is going to get ugly for the killer. I don't see this case remaining unsolved for long.

Don't mind me, I'm just killing time till we get the DNA, accelerant, tox reports, etc.
That leaves me time to think about things like car fires. The latest thing I am wondering about is, if ones seat belt is fastened during a car fire, and the fabric belt portion burns away, and the plastic housing of the latch/clip mechanism melts away,....... will the clasp still be buckled?
And while I'm thinking of that, these days a lot of cars are equipped with "retracting" seat belt buckles. They are part of the airbag restraint system. During a jolt with enough impact, the belt "receptacle" will retract about an inch to automatically and with the speed of lightning tighten your seat belt. I would want to know if Jessica's seat belt was fastened and if the retractor retracted. Just because. The investigation may never have to go this far, but these are things that should be found out. I doubt if the electronic boxes survived very well but the airbag module might also say whether or not the bags deployed due to an impact.
With not much else happening. my thoughts turn to the car. Was it in Jessica's name and did her father get it for her, and did he get it from "the department" as in a repro, or unclaimed impoundment? And was he the mechanic on record, and was there recent work done?

Statements made to the media can be questioned and analyzed. You cannot, however, make direct accusations, nor can you dig up personal information and post it here. If and when there is an arrest, or LE indicates they are looking at a particular person, the rules will change somewhat.

Thanks. I meant scrutinized by LE. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow