NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that site Peabody...as you say it is thought provoking...some of the same info in the NH/VT links in the other thread on WS.

I am asking everyone to please send Steve Huff an email thanking him for the recent blog for Maura. http://www.planethuff.com/darkside/archives/cat_true_crime_disappearances.html#000889 It is such a struggle for the family to get any media attention for the case.

So, please express your appreciation to Steve at his email address steve.huff@gmail.com

You can also comment on the blog at http://b4.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?&user=DarksideSteve

Thanks to you all!

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

I thanked him a couple days ago, Peabody. :) I was so happy to see he was writing about it, too.

I also sent him a bunch of links I had gathered on the CRV killer and the link to the state "map" that Boxerz made up for us several months back.

by Steve Huff-I was most impressed with his hitting the nail on the head re: the KNOWN deaths and the disappearances of Maura and Brainna. I am glad you forwarded the info from Boxerz tireless effort indicating not only the known homicides but also the disappearances. At this point, ANY info getting out there to the public can only be a positive, and since many folks use the internet as their main source of info(as opposed to TV,papers,etc) maybe his blog will bring some fresh lead or jog someone's memory in Maura's case. I did send him a big thanks-hope eveyone else does too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bring Maura home!

I'm thanking you all for everything I've read in this thread so far. I'm feeling bad for not being able to participate in websleuths discussions lately (been a member here for a bit, now!), but as you will see, I've been really busy.

I've begun a new blog, and this one is to be dedicated exclusively to entries discussing only the missing and unidentified -- (John or Jane Does).

This is in addition to my blog about crime, The Dark Side.

The new blog is called Twilight Kingdom. If you go there the first entry that you will read as of July 25, '05, will explain the blog title. But I've cross-posted my entry from Dark Side about Maura Murray, Brianna, and possible CRV connectionsat Twilight Kingdom as well.

The URL is, for clarity's sake -- http://www.planethuff.com/twilight_kingdom

I normally don't directly request such things, but if folks could spread the link to the new blog around that would be great, and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mr. A/Steve

i also believe these 2 cases are too similar to not be related.
one possibility is: the fact that maura's drinking while driving, and brianna's involvement in drugs, sadly, is nothing more than a sign of the times. it is quite the norm, unfortunately, for college students to be heavy users of booze & drugs. i mean, of course we all know that... bit what i mean is that perhaps it has nothing to do with what happened to them.

anyway... i have a loose theory (that others have probably already thought of, no doubt)-- that there is a killer in that area, targeting young college girls, and perhaps he follows them and knows their schedules... maybe he was at the restaurant where brianna was working that night, and left when she did, trying to look insignificant, like just another customer.. and followed her down the road. and maybe what this person does is drive up alongside of the intended victim, scare them and push them off the road. (was there any damage to the DRIVER'S side of maura's & brianna's cars...??)
if someone was tipsy &/or tired... maybe they would have an overreaction, and swerve suddenly off the road, and lose control. maybe since no one claims to have seen this happen, maybe no one saw the car that pushed them off the road go down the road and turn around, and wait for the girls to get out of the car and start walking, when they would be most vulnerable... cold, disoriented, and upset... and if maura was injured, she would be likely needing help... i could hear a guy saying "oh no, WHAT happened? hey, i'm a lawyer, he could help you find out who pushed you off the road & prosecute them"... or "i work at the hospital, let me drive you there"... there's tons of things a guy could say to get a young woman into their car, out in the middle of nowhere... or perhaps they just used force, or a weapon.

in brianna's case, she could have backed up suddenly, in a state of momentary shock (and disorientation, since she was likely in the dark, perhaps buzzed, and frightened).. and hit the barn with the back of her car, in her rush to get back on the road... and then her car was REALLY stuck. maybe she *almost* got away.

all the puzzling "clues" about maura's mysterious behavior before the disappearance, could possibly be nothing more than the usual 20-something college-age daily drama. should i stay in school, should i leave?, etc.... and the phone call about her sister's fight with the bf could have been upsetting to her for some personal reason, but not related to the disappearance. the reasons for her being secretive & seeming upset before she vanished might have been related to her being involved with drugs, or owing lots of money for a drug debt (don't shoot me here, it's not outside the realm of possibility-- this is not meant to slander her, so my apologies if this offends anyone)-- also why did the college friend say they "didn't want to get her in trouble"...? what other illegal activities could she have been involved in.....?? hhmmm... let's see... could she have been having another relationship her bf didn't know about & wanted to keep it a secret, or what? i don't know, that's all pure speculation.

OK,,, now this is getting REALLY creepy..... i just read how brianna's car was found on the property of Myron and Harry Dutchburn who were beaten/robbed/murdered in 1986, which is an unsolved crime (and yet NO mention of it on vermont's unsolved homicides website!!! why?)
and the house has been vacant for 6 years.
could it be that brianna has arranged to meet someone to do a drug deal, or to repay a debt, and they killed her, but not before she backed up, trying to escape, and hit the barn?
WHY did it just happen to be found there? did that have any connection with the 1986 murder? or, did the killer have a connection, and drive brianna's car there, back it up, and abandon it?

could it be that this killer is a part of the drug world who befriends young college girls, sells pot to them (& whatever else), and then kills them for their debt, or for some other reason?

i wonder if the cops have fully interviewed ALL of maura & brianna's friends (especially their drug using friends) to see if there are any connections. but of course, any drug user is not going to give up that much info since they don't want to end up dead too.

other questions:
have the cops checked out all sex offenders/rapists on parole, etc.. in that area.. or should i say the entire states of vermont & NH, and any offenders with connections to those states...? (the duncan case shows that these demons will drive to any length to do their nasty deeds.)

also, have they checked out possible police reports of any other women being forced off the road, especially late at night?? it could have happened to other women, but the predator was unsuccessful, b/c the woman either got back on the road, b/c she didn't crash; or maybe the guy had to get back in his lane quick b/c another car was coming, (not only would he crash, but there would be a possible witness to him forcing her off the road)... perhaps if this happened to someone else, she could describe the car or a face.
maybe if it happened to someone else, they just brushed it off as some crazy driver, or road rage, and didn't think it was significant... and did not know they were being followed/targeted.
the police should be interviewing ANY people (esp. women) this has happened to for possible clues!

any thoughts.......?

CORRECTION: Myron and Harry Dutchburn were NOT murdered, (my error!)... beaten & robbed but they survived. crime still unsolved though... weird...
another drug-related incident, maybe?

Steve's articles are so well organized and written... I've seen links to his stuff before, especially recently. Glad to see he wrote about Maura and Brianna. I emailed and "blogged" some props (my first blog attempt...)

peace, all

peace for Maura and family

Maura's story, "The All American Girl" is now featured on the Project Jason Voice for the Missing blog.

It is a story about a young woman who had it all: good looks, intelligence, and athleticism, but yet was humble and loving; the girl next door, you might say. We'll hear how her disappearance has effected family and friends and about the frustrations in the ongoing search for her in this weekend series.

Be sure to help out the families of the missing by telling others about the blog. This is just another way we can reach out and let the faces of the missing be seen. We welcome appropriate website links. Other ideas are posting the blog link on other forums you frequent, and sending it out to your friends and family via email.

Thank you for helping us to help others.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

All 5 parts to Maura's story on the Project Jason-Voice for the Missing blog are now posted. For weekday and other readers who missed the weekend series, here are the links to each part of the story in order:

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/09/93005-all-american-girl-part-i.html

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/10/100105-all-american-girl-part-ii.html

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/10/100205-all-american-girl-part-iii.html

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/10/100205-all-american-girl-part-iv.html

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/2005/10/100305-all-american-girl-conclusion.html

I would like to thank the Murray and the Rausch families for sharing Maura with me. I would also like to thank the many readers who support these families and who help them in many ways.

Many blessings,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Voice for the Missing
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

You did a great job with the blog and it was nice to see her story documented like that. :)

LillyRush said:
You did a great job with the blog and it was nice to see her story documented like that. :)

I agree Lilly, it was a beautifully written and caring post on the blog... Prayers for Maura and her family and loved ones.... Prayers to Kelly and her family and to Jason.... may both families soon find their loved ones returned to them.

Thank you for remembering and caring. It helps us to know we and the one we love who is not with us is not forgotten.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Kelly said:
Thank you for remembering and caring. It helps us to know we and the one we love who is not with us is not forgotten.

Many blessings,
Kelly
Dear Kelly,

Because of you many more people will remember all of the missing.

It is my opinion that you have a God given talent for writing. He will surely bless you for using it to help others.

I usually cry when reading your stories of the missing. Your touching presentation of Maura caused me to cry a river.

Bring Maura Home!
www.MauraMurray.com
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads