1187 users online (239 members and 948 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Ken Gruno, 27, Otisville, 27 Dec 2014

Twenty-seven-year-old Ken Gruno was last seen leaving the Otisville Hotel Bar in northeastern Genesee County.

That was around 1 a.m. Saturday.

Friends who were with him that night said he was intoxicated.

He was wearing an outfit similar to the one pictured with this story. He is 5 feet, 11 inches tall and around 175 pounds.
    His wife said he is an Air Force veteran who is currently attending Wayne State University.

One of the last people to see him before he went missing was his best friend Jeffrey Palmatier.

Palmatier and the rest of Gruno's friends and family are remaining hopeful, but are getting concerned as the 72 hour mark gets closer.

http://www.abc12.com/story/27722281/...turday-morning

Link to a map where the Otisville Hotel Bar is located....close to several lakes....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/11...f3d9e4bbd8a579

A different article with pretty much the same information...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...an_missin.html

There is a "Help Find Ken Gruno" Facebook page as well with indications of a K9 search in the morning.

I never like stories when intoxicated young men are last seen leaving a bar. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheclock View Post
    I never like stories when intoxicated young men are last seen leaving a bar. Best wishes.
    I agree...and it's more worrisome when there are bodies of water near. On the positive side it's been unseasonably warm here in mid-Michigan this past week with highs near 50 and lows in the mid 30's.....still cold for someone not wearing a coat.

Otisville is very close to where we live. It's a tiny town with nothing much going on there. Right now it's only 20 degrees there and feels very, very cold! Usually, there isn't much crime in Otisville. The few murders have usually been domestic situations. I wouldn't expect someone drunk to walk from downtown Otisville to one of the lakes, but who knows. Anyone walking outside today would freeze pretty fast. Even a shed or outbuilding would be very cold. Does anyone know if the man lives in Otisville or where he lives? We are just down the road in Davison, the next town from Otisville. The area around Otisville is mostly farms. There is a church camp a bit north of there and down a side road. The only murder I remember in Otisville that wasn't a domestic situation was a woman found dead beside the road in a ditch a year or so ago. I don't know if the crime was ever solved.

I just realized that I know a woman in this area with the same last name as this man. Now I am wondering if they are related. I don't know how common the name is in this area. The phone book for our county only lists one person with that last name but a lot of people have cell phones that aren't listed in the phone book.

It says his friend was the last to see him - Does the friend know where he was heading? Was he planning on going home, or was he meeting up with someone after leaving the bar?

My heart always sinks when I see cases like this - young man leaves bar intoxicated and alone... They don't usually end very well. I pray that this one is different.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

It was said that he left the bar suddenly and unexpectedly without a coat. I don't know why someone didn't follow him to see where he was going. A store owner/clerk said his friend came into his store looking for him and said they had been searching for him all day.

How do I get a mod to delete my thread?

New link from roughly 30 minutes ago with some new information.

Police say he was headed westbound on Jefferson Avenue but his family says it's not like him to walk away and not tell anybody.
    “We want him safe. We want people to keep an eye out if they contact or see something,” says Kelsea Etson, Gruno’s wife.

She’s pleading for neighbors to be on the lookout.

“We’re using trailing dogs and area search dogs and cadaver dogs,” says Pat Lamson, manager of the search.

“We want to try every lead we can possibly get. We've been non-stop since he's disappeared,” says Etson.

Her husband was visiting his hometown of Millington from Detroit when he went missing around 1 o-clock, Saturday morning.

“Me and him didn't argue at all. We were perfectly fine,” says Etson.

“No reason that he would leave without telling,” says Jeffrey Palmatier,” Gruno’s best friend.
    “He hadn't slept in over 24 hours and when he goes on times when he doesn't sleep like that, he tends to forgot to eat,” says Etson.

http://www.minbcnews.com/news/story....8#.VKMx_sliNQI

Does anyone know if the man lives in Otisville or where he lives?
    Per the article above his hometown is Millington but he lives in Detroit now. I would like to know how he got the Otisville Hotel Bar. Did he ride with someone else or did he drive? If he drove where is his car? I will try to glean some additional information from the FB site.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    How do I get a mod to delete my thread?
    I'm fairly new here but I think you have to send one of the mods a personal message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    It was said that he left the bar suddenly and unexpectedly without a coat. I don't know why someone didn't follow him to see where he was going. A store owner/clerk said his friend came into his store looking for him and said they had been searching for him all day.
    Is there another article that I'm missing? Can you point me to link that talks about the unexpected departure without a coat? I'm wondering how the group got to the bar, how many were there, how was Ken before he left, lol, actually just a whole lot of questions. TIA and JMO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast