NE NE - LaSandra Coleman, 5, Omaha, 11 July 2005

Derek

Reaction score
img-Police-heat-up-Omaha-cold-case.jpg

OMAHA, Neb. -
Omaha detectives are making a young girl’s death nearly nine years ago a top priority, hoping someone will finally have the courage to give them crucial details.

Lasandra Coleman died after someone fired a bullet through the back window of a car near 29th and Patrick streets in 2005.

Billboards posted around town with an advertised $10,000 reward could not produce a lead on the 5-year-old’s killer in 2005. Detectives hope the recent murder arrests in Payton Benson’s killing will help someone come forward with information.

Lasandra Coleman’s grandfather, Odie Coleman, calls his granddaughter by her nickname: Tootie.

“She was a sweet little baby. She used to come over, sit in my lap and ask for change,” he said.

After Tootie’s death, the community called for a different kind of change -- an end to gunfire that killed anyone, especially kids, but their effort didn’t lead to an arrest.

“We would love to be able to give that family some closure,” said Sgt. Teresa Negron.

Investigators saw how the outrage over Benson's death earlier this year turned into valuable tips right away. Now, they hope that same momentum can work in Tootie’s favor.

“Any information,” Negron said.

Tootie’s family is still waiting for answers and any peace possible.

“I'm hoping that one of these days they let me know something. It would take care of some of the misery, but it's not going to bring Tootie back, you know,” Coleman said.

A $10,000 reward still stands for information leading to an arrest in the 2005 murder case. Anyone with information on the case should call a detective at 402-444-5652. If you want to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 402-444-7867.

http://m.ketv.com/news/police-seek-information-in-girls-2005-killing/24475012

--

Thoughts? It's been nearly a decade and sadly justice remains elusive for LaSandra and her family. In cases like this, the killings are often committed by gang members, which rarely talk to the police unless they're given an incentive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back