726 users online (66 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Cameron Beckford, 14 mos, Columbus, 26 Dec 2014 *Arrests*

Cameron S. Beckford

Columbus police searching for missing toddler
    Columbus police are searching for a 14-month-old boy near an East Side creek — a boy they believe was abandoned by his mother on a stranger’s front porch on Friday. A search is under way in Big Walnut Creek, near Livingston Avenue, for the toddler, identified as Cameron S. Beckford. Police said that Cameron’s mother was from Frederick, Md., and had arrived in Columbus with him and a 6-year-old daughter. She told Cameron’s father that she couldn’t care for Cameron and that she left him on a front porch in a housing development near Brice Road and Livingston Avenue on the Far East Side, police said. The house is about 2 1/2 miles away from where police are searching this morning.

According to radio-dispatch reports, a Frederick police detective called Columbus police at 3:21 p.m. yesterday and wanted a well-being check on Cameron and another child. The detective told the dispatcher that Cameron’s mother had “unexpectedly” left Maryland.

Lt. Clark Pennington, commander of the criminal investigation division in Frederick, said this morning that the father, who lives in Maryland, contacted police on Saturday. He told them that the children’s mother had taken them to Ohio on Dec. 15 and he wanted the kids back, Pennington said.

But the Columbus house the detective asked police here to check was vacant.
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...g-toddler.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

She couldn't have left him somewhere safe..like a fire station or police station!?

Ridiculous. Please be safe little Cameron. You are too cute.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Here we go again. The child could have been taken to a hospital, fire station, or police station with no questions asked. Very simple. But no, the parent.."allegedly" thought that leaving the baby on a stranger's porch is much safer. We have another parent of the year candidate.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

At 14 months old, a child can't be left at a fire station, hospital, or police station with no questions asked. That is just for newborns and very young infants. At 14 months, the parent would be charged with abandonment of a child. It would have been a safer place to abandon a child though than on the porch of a vacant home. Why didn't she just give the child to its father or ask the court to put the child in foster care or check into giving it up for adoption? It would be very cold on a porch in Ohio this time of year and a 14 month old can't fend for itself. I hope the baby is found safe and given to someone who will love him.

Can't a parent call Social Services if they feel overwhelmed or feel unable to care for their children? I have heard of this before. SS will help to find a temporary placement for the kids until the parent can receive some counseling or other help. This has been my understanding but I don't know for sure.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Sadly, I fear that "leaving him on a front porch" may be a story told by the mother to explain his disappearance. I truly hope this little cutie is found safe!! What is wrong with people! So many sweet little ones harmed or missing...........I can't even wrap my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Can't a parent call Social Services if they feel overwhelmed or feel unable to care for their children? I have heard of this before. SS will help to find a temporary placement for the kids until the parent can receive some counseling or other help. This has been my understanding but I don't know for sure.
    Yes, in theory, I think parents can do this. But the repercussions can be pretty intense....like not getting your children back when you are capable.

I'm so mad to see this story here! Another little guy without a parent. I hope he found this time.

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Sadly, I fear that "leaving him on a front porch" may be a story told by the mother to explain his disappearance. I truly hope this little cutie is found safe!! What is wrong with people! So many sweet little ones harmed or missing...........I can't even wrap my head around it.
    Fully agree. She didn't leave him anywhere safe and sound, imo.

I don't believe her for one second, why didn't she leave him with his father or someone else.
    To truly know the world, look deeply within your own being; to truly know yourself, take real interest in the world.
    ~ Rudolf Steiner

Police presume missing toddler is dead
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...g-toddler.html

Search now recovery mission for 14-month-old boy, mother charged
    http://www.nbc4i.com/story/27728644/...onth-old-child

There are no words. The past several weeks have been devastating where little guys are concerned and pregnant 20-year-olds. And I am sure there are others that we are not yet aware of...SMH in disgust.

Prayers up for these little ones who were dealt such bad hands in their short lives. It should not have been this way.

What is wrong with people who think children are disposable. I am horrified and just can't fathom all these children who are ending up dead at their parents hands. Some kind of national deterrent needs to be done although I don't have the answer, maybe automatic death penalty for the responsible person??? Hopefully Cameron will be found but it doesn't look promising. If he is gone rip little one,fly high with the angels.

The case even made the SF Bay Area news tonight.

Mother Of Missing 14-Month-Old Arrested

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ec-center.html

Police charged Stevens with two felony charges of child endangering and tampering with evidence. Reports show that she allowed someone to harm the toddler, leaving his bottom bleeding and even missing layers of skin.
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast