GUILTY OH - Cameron Beckford, 14 mos, Columbus, 26 Dec 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Cameron S. Beckford
missing-boy.jpg

Columbus police searching for missing toddler
Columbus police are searching for a 14-month-old boy near an East Side creek — a boy they believe was abandoned by his mother on a stranger’s front porch on Friday. A search is under way in Big Walnut Creek, near Livingston Avenue, for the toddler, identified as Cameron S. Beckford. Police said that Cameron’s mother was from Frederick, Md., and had arrived in Columbus with him and a 6-year-old daughter. She told Cameron’s father that she couldn’t care for Cameron and that she left him on a front porch in a housing development near Brice Road and Livingston Avenue on the Far East Side, police said. The house is about 2 1/2 miles away from where police are searching this morning.

According to radio-dispatch reports, a Frederick police detective called Columbus police at 3:21 p.m. yesterday and wanted a well-being check on Cameron and another child. The detective told the dispatcher that Cameron’s mother had “unexpectedly” left Maryland.

Lt. Clark Pennington, commander of the criminal investigation division in Frederick, said this morning that the father, who lives in Maryland, contacted police on Saturday. He told them that the children’s mother had taken them to Ohio on Dec. 15 and he wanted the kids back, Pennington said.

But the Columbus house the detective asked police here to check was vacant.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/12/30/police-search-for-missing-toddler.html
6323448_G.jpg
6323471_G.jpg
6323477_G.jpg
6323474_G.jpg

She couldn't have left him somewhere safe..like a fire station or police station!?

Ridiculous. Please be safe little Cameron. You are too cute.

Here we go again. The child could have been taken to a hospital, fire station, or police station with no questions asked. Very simple. But no, the parent.."allegedly" thought that leaving the baby on a stranger's porch is much safer. We have another parent of the year candidate. :(

At 14 months old, a child can't be left at a fire station, hospital, or police station with no questions asked. That is just for newborns and very young infants. At 14 months, the parent would be charged with abandonment of a child. It would have been a safer place to abandon a child though than on the porch of a vacant home. Why didn't she just give the child to its father or ask the court to put the child in foster care or check into giving it up for adoption? It would be very cold on a porch in Ohio this time of year and a 14 month old can't fend for itself. I hope the baby is found safe and given to someone who will love him.

Can't a parent call Social Services if they feel overwhelmed or feel unable to care for their children? I have heard of this before. SS will help to find a temporary placement for the kids until the parent can receive some counseling or other help. This has been my understanding but I don't know for sure.

Sadly, I fear that "leaving him on a front porch" may be a story told by the mother to explain his disappearance. I truly hope this little cutie is found safe!! What is wrong with people! So many sweet little ones harmed or missing...........I can't even wrap my head around it.

Can't a parent call Social Services if they feel overwhelmed or feel unable to care for their children? I have heard of this before. SS will help to find a temporary placement for the kids until the parent can receive some counseling or other help. This has been my understanding but I don't know for sure.

Yes, in theory, I think parents can do this. But the repercussions can be pretty intense....like not getting your children back when you are capable.

I'm so mad to see this story here! Another little guy without a parent. I hope he found this time.

Sadly, I fear that "leaving him on a front porch" may be a story told by the mother to explain his disappearance. I truly hope this little cutie is found safe!! What is wrong with people! So many sweet little ones harmed or missing...........I can't even wrap my head around it.

Fully agree. She didn't leave him anywhere safe and sound, imo.

I don't believe her for one second, why didn't she leave him with his father or someone else. :(

There are no words. The past several weeks have been devastating where little guys are concerned and pregnant 20-year-olds. And I am sure there are others that we are not yet aware of...SMH in disgust.

Prayers up for these little ones who were dealt such bad hands in their short lives. It should not have been this way.

What is wrong with people who think children are disposable. I am horrified and just can't fathom all these children who are ending up dead at their parents hands. Some kind of national deterrent needs to be done although I don't have the answer, maybe automatic death penalty for the responsible person??? Hopefully Cameron will be found but it doesn't look promising. If he is gone rip little one,fly high with the angels.

Her 6 year old is in DFCS custody. I have to agree with other posters on here: just let the father have him or a grandmother or somebody. The cruelty and indifference to this child's well-being is appalling and deserving of the DP in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back