708 users online (65 members and 643 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165

    Popular playset's "penis-shaped" Play-Doh toy kayos Christmas

    Parents to Play-Doh: Penis-shaped toy 'completely ruined' Christmas (San Antonio Express-News)

    ---
    Some felt the design didn't look anything like a penis.

    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar?" Alexandra Franco posted Tuesday.
    the rest of this pseudo-tawdry tale at link, with pics

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,224
    You know what... one year I got my girls these awesome Sing-A-Ma-Jigs.
    We had a routine of drinking while working on presents on Christmas Eve.
    The year of these was AMAZING.
    We laughed till we cried. They are still termed "BJ dolls" in the adults opinion.

    http://www.thesingamajigs.com/landing.aspx

    Yo Gabba Gabba could easily be obscene.
    In fact, this red guy? He comes in a vibrating mode. Seriously, the reviews on Amazon are awesome.

    http://yogabbagabba.com/v15/

    People are a bit uptight. Check the toys your kids are getting and make sure they aren't offensive.
    If they ARE offensive, have a drink and laugh hysterically.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Luna
    Posts
    4,057
    MsF-
    You are such the realist.
    I want to wrap with ha!
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,303
    I say JT needs to wash her brain out with soap and get a grip. "completely ruined Christmas"??? Seriously.

    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ly-5985466.php

    "This is NOT okay," JT said in a post deleted from Play-Doh's Facebook page, according to Twitter user El Clarko. T goes on to say that the toy "completely ruined" her family's Christmas celebrations.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    All I can add to lay blame for this nefarious attack on The Nativity is, "Thanks, Obama!"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Luna
    Posts
    4,057
    I might have to purchase this "toy" to put a little jingle in next years festivities.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    I say JT needs to wash her brain out with soap and get a grip. "completely ruined Christmas"??? Seriously.

    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ly-5985466.php

    "This is NOT okay," JT said in a post deleted from Play-Doh's Facebook page, according to Twitter user El Clarko. T goes on to say that the toy "completely ruined" her family's Christmas celebrations.
    With such toys, everything that's included is pictured on the box and she bought it anyway.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    The article doesn't actually say it was she who bought the toy for her kids, does it?

    That said, it probably wasn't a very good Christmas to begin with if this toy could completely ruin it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    You know what... one year I got my girls these awesome Sing-A-Ma-Jigs.
    We had a routine of drinking while working on presents on Christmas Eve.
    The year of these was AMAZING.
    We laughed till we cried. They are still termed "BJ dolls" in the adults opinion.

    http://www.thesingamajigs.com/landing.aspx

    Yo Gabba Gabba could easily be obscene.
    In fact, this red guy? He comes in a vibrating mode. Seriously, the reviews on Amazon are awesome.

    http://yogabbagabba.com/v15/

    People are a bit uptight. Check the toys your kids are getting and make sure they aren't offensive.
    If they ARE offensive, have a drink and laugh hysterically.
    OMG - you have to click on the singamajig link and then just keep clicking on the toys in the middle. lmao
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Play-Doh to replace toy customers say looks like penis (USA Today)

    with video, no less

    (and n.b., am posting this from across the street from Hasbro Children's Hospital; not sure how that might be ironic)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Luna
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Play-Doh to replace toy customers say looks like penis (USA Today)

    with video, no less

    (and n.b., am posting this from across the street from Hasbro Children's Hospital; not sure how that might be ironic)
    !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  2. woman accused of "plotting" to cut off husbands penis
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:51 AM