GUILTY Canada - Fred Fulton, 74, & Verna Decarie, 70, slain, Minto, NB, 23 April 2005

I get stoped by boarder patrol everytime I go to my Dr's appt. in New Hampshire. They have a permanent stop on RT 91 near Dartmoth Hitchcock Hosp. (Granted this road runs to the boarder but it's nowhere near it)

Perhaps these guys could be of more use a little further north. This is so crazy, I can't begin to understand how they could just let this guy go.:banghead:

Sudzi said:
I get stoped by boarder patrol everytime I go to my Dr's appt. in New Hampshire. They have a permanent stop on RT 91 near Dartmoth Hitchcock Hosp. (Granted this road runs to the boarder but it's nowhere near it)

Perhaps these guys could be of more use a little further north. This is so crazy, I can't begin to understand how they could just let this guy go.:banghead:
Agreed. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

A Canadian senator said Friday U.S. customs should have done a better job after they let a man carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood into the United States.

Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, on April 25, saying he was an assassin, the same day he was to be sentenced in Canada on charges he assaulted and threatened to kill his neighbor's son-in-law

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...0/API/506101033&cachetime=3&template=dateline

US Customs' role scrutinized after slaying in Canada

A 22-year-old man who crossed the Canadian border into Maine this spring carrying a bloody chainsaw agreed to be extradited to Canada yesterday at a hearing at which US prosecutors said blood found on his clothing matches the DNA of a slaying victim in New Brunswick.

A day after Gregory Despres crossed the border in April raving about being a Marine sniper who worked for President Bush, Canadian police found the decapitated body of his neighbor, 74-year-old Frederick Fulton. Fulton's head was in a pillowcase near his body; police also found the body of Fulton's companion, Verna Decarie, who had been stabbed to death.

Despres was arrested late the next day in Mattapoisett, where he was seen walking down a road wearing a sweatshirt that appeared to be covered in blood.

On April 25, the same day he entered the United States, Despres was to have faced sentencing on a conviction for assaulting and threatening neighbor Frederick Mowat in Minto, New Brunswick. Authorities said Fulton was Mowat's grandfather.
http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2005/07/22/murder_suspect_agrees_to_extradition/

Mods: I did a search on the site and couldn't find anything about this.

Link

Man with what appeared to be a bloody chain saw let into U.S.
He was later charged with murder in Canada :furious::crazy::eek:

050607_depres_vsml_1p.vsmall.jpg

(I wouldn't let this guy pass if he had documentation that he would be working for a charity and had clean references. Just look at the dude! He's skeery as hades!! That's all you need to know. Read below and it gets even skeerier!!)

updated 3:21 p.m. ET, Tues., June 7, 2005

BOSTON - On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres.

Then they let him into the United States.

The following day, a gruesome scene was discovered in Despres’ hometown of Minto, New Brunswick: The decapitated body of a 74-year-old country musician named Frederick Fulton was found on his kitchen floor. The man’s head was in a pillow case under a kitchen table. His common-law wife was discovered stabbed to death in a bedroom.

:confused: WTF! :confused: I reiterate WTF!! :confused:

I think this may be the second time this happened..

I think this may be the second time this happened..

I wondered that too but this happened in June 2005 and was just now brought to my attention. I think that's the same one. When I first read the article was from June of this year. :bang:

Still a great topic. :eek:

Sheesh, and my husband is having trouble getting his enchanced drivers license due to forgetting he had a bag of fertilizer in the back of his truck when we went to check our US mail! Its not like they dont know us even and we are an old dudette and dude!

This is nuts! So maybe if we had a chainsaw covered in blood, and looked like something Dracula spit out, we would have a better chance of being allowed in the US?

We FORGOT the fertilizer was in the truck. It was in plain site. My husband is WAAAY older than me. LOLOLOL

Still, WTF????

:laugh::laugh:
Sheesh, and my husband is having trouble getting his enchanced drivers license due to forgetting he had a bag of fertilizer in the back of his truck when we went to check our US mail! Its not like they dont know us even and we are an old dudette and dude!

This is nuts! So maybe if we had a chainsaw covered in blood, and looked like something Dracula spit out, we would have a better chance of being allowed in the US?

We FORGOT the fertilizer was in the truck. It was in plain site. My husband is WAAAY older than me. LOLOLOL

Still, WTF????

Getting that enhanced drivers license is a pain. I quit going to Canada a couple of years ago because of all the hassle. That and the natives are restless here in Upstate NY. I live only 20 minutes from the border and i sure do miss that yummy Chinese food in Cornwall.

I remember when this happened. He is a creepazoid. Wow.

I miss EVERYTHING about the US! The food, the shopping, the prices, everything!
I could probably get mine or a passport but we would have to drive 3 hours just to do it. The old Dude? I dunno....fertilizer in the back of the truck is a no no. Lordy!

If it happened in 2005 have they found the guy yet?

If it happened in 2005 have they found the guy yet?

Link

N.B. trial told man was mentally ill at time of double murder

By Chris Morris
January 28, 2008

FREDERICTON, New Brunswick—Gregory Despres was mentally ill when his elderly neighbors were murdered and should not be held criminally responsible for his actions at the time, a psychiatrist told Despres' trial Monday.

Dr. Scott Theriault said the accused killer believed he was a military assassin at the time of the deaths and could not distinguish right from wrong.

Link

Court’s Decision

On March 5th, 2008, Justice William Grant found Gregory Despres guilty of causing the deaths of Fred Fulton and Verna Decarie in 2005. However, Justice Grant agreed with the defense in finding that Despres was not criminally responsible for his actions at the time. Despres is currently being held at Shepody Healing Centre which is part of the Dorchester Penitentiary.

There's a lot more at this link even going into his early childhood.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back