1065 users online (186 members and 879 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!

Canada - Fred Fulton, 74, & Verna Decarie, 70, slain, Minto, NB, 23 April 2005

I feel safer. Thank you Homeland Security.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3214919

Eww!! He's freaky looking!!
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    I feel safer. Thank you Homeland Security.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3214919

Couldn't of said it better. What is with the guards at our borders?
    -

I get stoped by boarder patrol everytime I go to my Dr's appt. in New Hampshire. They have a permanent stop on RT 91 near Dartmoth Hitchcock Hosp. (Granted this road runs to the boarder but it's nowhere near it)

Perhaps these guys could be of more use a little further north. This is so crazy, I can't begin to understand how they could just let this guy go.

Sudzi

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    I get stoped by boarder patrol everytime I go to my Dr's appt. in New Hampshire. They have a permanent stop on RT 91 near Dartmoth Hitchcock Hosp. (Granted this road runs to the boarder but it's nowhere near it)

Perhaps these guys could be of more use a little further north. This is so crazy, I can't begin to understand how they could just let this guy go.
    Agreed.

more info

A Canadian senator said Friday U.S. customs should have done a better job after they let a man carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood into the United States.

Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, on April 25, saying he was an assassin, the same day he was to be sentenced in Canada on charges he assaulted and threatened to kill his neighbor's son-in-law

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/p...plate=dateline
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Murder suspect with bloody chainsaw agrees to extradition

US Customs' role scrutinized after slaying in Canada

A 22-year-old man who crossed the Canadian border into Maine this spring carrying a bloody chainsaw agreed to be extradited to Canada yesterday at a hearing at which US prosecutors said blood found on his clothing matches the DNA of a slaying victim in New Brunswick.

A day after Gregory Despres crossed the border in April raving about being a Marine sniper who worked for President Bush, Canadian police found the decapitated body of his neighbor, 74-year-old Frederick Fulton. Fulton's head was in a pillowcase near his body; police also found the body of Fulton's companion, Verna Decarie, who had been stabbed to death.

Despres was arrested late the next day in Mattapoisett, where he was seen walking down a road wearing a sweatshirt that appeared to be covered in blood.

On April 25, the same day he entered the United States, Despres was to have faced sentencing on a conviction for assaulting and threatening neighbor Frederick Mowat in Minto, New Brunswick. Authorities said Fulton was Mowat's grandfather.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/mai...o_extradition/
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Exclamation Murderer Allowed Through Canadian Border To USA. He's One Skeery Dude!!

Mods: I did a search on the site and couldn't find anything about this.

Link

Man with what appeared to be a bloody chain saw let into U.S.
    He was later charged with murder in Canada

(I wouldn't let this guy pass if he had documentation that he would be working for a charity and had clean references. Just look at the dude! He's skeery as hades!! That's all you need to know. Read below and it gets even skeerier!!)

updated 3:21 p.m. ET, Tues., June 7, 2005

BOSTON - On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres.

Then they let him into the United States.

The following day, a gruesome scene was discovered in Despresí hometown of Minto, New Brunswick: The decapitated body of a 74-year-old country musician named Frederick Fulton was found on his kitchen floor. The manís head was in a pillow case under a kitchen table. His common-law wife was discovered stabbed to death in a bedroom.

WTF! I reiterate WTF!!
    Last edited by Steely Dan; 08-16-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Forgot Link

I think this may be the second time this happened..
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    I think this may be the second time this happened..
    I wondered that too but this happened in June 2005 and was just now brought to my attention. I think that's the same one. When I first read the article was from June of this year.

Still a great topic.

Sheesh, and my husband is having trouble getting his enchanced drivers license due to forgetting he had a bag of fertilizer in the back of his truck when we went to check our US mail! Its not like they dont know us even and we are an old dudette and dude!

This is nuts! So maybe if we had a chainsaw covered in blood, and looked like something Dracula spit out, we would have a better chance of being allowed in the US?

We FORGOT the fertilizer was in the truck. It was in plain site. My husband is WAAAY older than me. LOLOLOL

Still, WTF????

Quote Originally Posted by Masonsgramma View Post
    Sheesh, and my husband is having trouble getting his enchanced drivers license due to forgetting he had a bag of fertilizer in the back of his truck when we went to check our US mail! Its not like they dont know us even and we are an old dudette and dude!

This is nuts! So maybe if we had a chainsaw covered in blood, and looked like something Dracula spit out, we would have a better chance of being allowed in the US?

We FORGOT the fertilizer was in the truck. It was in plain site. My husband is WAAAY older than me. LOLOLOL

Still, WTF????

Getting that enhanced drivers license is a pain. I quit going to Canada a couple of years ago because of all the hassle. That and the natives are restless here in Upstate NY. I live only 20 minutes from the border and i sure do miss that yummy Chinese food in Cornwall.

I remember when this happened. He is a creepazoid. Wow.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

I miss EVERYTHING about the US! The food, the shopping, the prices, everything!
    I could probably get mine or a passport but we would have to drive 3 hours just to do it. The old Dude? I dunno....fertilizer in the back of the truck is a no no. Lordy!

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    If it happened in 2005 have they found the guy yet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast