1254 users online (260 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Samantha Strader, 16, Longview, 28 December 2014

Samantha Strader

Kilgore High School student missing since Sunday
    LONGVIEW, TEXAS (KETK) — Upshur County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case of a missing 16 year old girl as a runaway, but the family is hoping an Amber Alert will be issued soon. Samantha Strader is a junior who plays clarinet for the band at Kilgore High School. The family said Samantha was last seen wearing a Picachu hat and Kilgore letter jacket. Her father, Jim Strader, described his daughter as shy with just a few close friends, all of whom he said, are good kids. Strader says his daughter was last seen at her stepmother’s house in northwest Upshur County, and when Samantha left, she took her cell phone and other belongings. Following her disappearance, Strader, who is a sheriff's deputy for Upshur County, looked into his daughter’s internet activity and found she had been corresponding with strangers through messaging apps such as Kik and Meet Me. Investigators have had little luck tracing Samantha because her cell phone has been turned off the entire time she has been missing. Strader said there was no indication his daughter would run away, and he does not believe she is alone. “All of the sudden she was gone. There’s no telling. I know she didn't hitch-hike out of there. I know she didn't walk out of there. She had help.” Certain criteria have to be met to issue the Amber Alert and until there is evidence that Samantha is in danger, an Amber Alert will be difficult to obtain. Right now the family is doing everything they can to put the word out, including turning to social media.
    http://www.ketknbc.com/news/kilgore-...g-since-sunday
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh no, none of that sounds good.

ETA not quite true. It sounds like her dad is going to be a strong advocate for her, and that's great!
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

I wish there was some other alert system. For young people who don't meet criteria, but may be in danger none the less. I pray they find her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    She and her dad are FB friends, it looks like. Just noting it because IMOO, I interpreted the article as she was kind of doing her own thing on social media without much parental supervision, but IMOO that's not true. Just my interpretation which admittedly was kind of an ASSumption.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
    She and her dad are FB friends, it looks like. Just noting it because IMOO, I interpreted the article as she was kind of doing her own thing on social media without much parental supervision, but IMOO that's not true. Just my interpretation which admittedly was kind of an ASSumption.
    Not necessarily true. There are some apps kids use that parents won't see unless they physically check their phone. Kik, Snapchat, even private messaging through Instagram, twitter, etc.. Not saying this guy wasn't monitoring, just giving examples of other SM outlets kids use these days.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

I interpreted her last post to indicate she had a "crush" on someone...wondering if she could be with her crush?

These young people taking off with strangers is just horrible. I don't know why they'd do it! Maybe somebody picked up on her shyness and just made her feel wonderful. I so hope she is found quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKAYOYO View Post
    Not necessarily true. There are some apps kids use that parents won't see unless they physically check their phone. Kik, Snapchat, even private messaging through Instagram, twitter, etc.. Not saying this guy wasn't monitoring, just giving examples of other SM outlets kids use these days.
    Oh absolutely! I think the article actually gave some of those as an example. I meant at least her dad seemed to be trying.

Reading her facebook I get the feeling that she is a pretty good kid. She's involved in FFA, has a post about her chickens. There were no posts in skimpy clothes, puckered lips etc that we sometimes see. She seems almost innocent. The way we wish all 16 year old kids could be. I pray she is found safe and SOON! Come home Samantha!

What about her meetme.com page? Has anyone been able to see that one? Her Dad mentioned it along with kik. Kid's public/family facebook pages are often lightyears apart from their private/fake name pages on other social media. Kids know that parents look at Facebook first, they've moved on...in my own personal experience with a now 18 year old.
    Last edited by Aunt_Tulip; 01-03-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: random apostrophe deletion

"We don't know whether or not she's okay... We don't know where she is," said Taylor Strader, Samantha's older sister.

For five days now, Taylor Strader and her younger sister Hannah have been waiting to see their sister Samantha's face.

"We were with her Christmas morning and she went out there," said Taylor Strader.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/27750466/1...-for-five-days

"There's got to be at least one person out there who knows where she is or who she's with," said Taylor Strader.

In the meantime, the Straders say until Samantha is back at home, they simply can not rest.

"I think just by being away from her family, being out of her safe spot, she's in danger," said Jimmy Strader.

"It's been difficult, even if you just don't want to come home, just call somebody and let them know you're ok," said Strader.

"That'll mean the world to us and help us out a lot," said Jimmy Strader.

I feel so bad for her dad.

Samantha Strader is passionate about the Kilgore High School band, her fathers says, and Jim is holding out hope she’ll be there for practice Monday morning, clarinet in hand.

Almost a week since his 16-year-old daughter went missing, he doesn’t want to talk about the alternative.
    “Just that she hasn’t called or notified anybody that at least she’s OK is really distressing,” Strader said. She’s a good student, a UIL participant and takes advance classes. “She really dumps herself into the school and the band. School starts up Monday. That will be a landmark: we’ll see if she shows up.
    journalism instructor Amy Bates is one of many people posting regularly updates to Facebook, putting word out, begging for news of the girl’s wherabouts. She had Samantha in a freshman journalism class and coaches her in UIL events.

“She’s smart and she can take care of herself. That’s what keeps me hanging on,” Bates said, but she tears up: “I look outside and the weather’s bad and I just want to know she’s OK.”

A quiet, industrious student, Samantha is a hard worker, Bates added, with a knack for headline writing – she advanced to regional UIL competition in the spring.

“She’s just a sweet, sweet kiddo. I was heartbroken when I learned this,” she said. “I’m hopeful that she’ll decide to come back. I want her to be safe, and I want her to be happy.”
    http://www.kilgorenewsherald.com/new...missing_s.html

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast