720 users online (132 members and 588 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CT - Paulino Mendoza, 24, Stamford, 24 December 2014

Paulino Mendoza

Police Ask For Public’s Help In Finding Missing Stamford Man
    STAMFORD, Conn. (CBSNewYork) — Stamford police are asking for the public’s help in finding a man who has been missing since Christmas Eve. Paulino Mendoza, 24, was last seen around 10:30 p.m. after being dropped off near his Cove area home after drinking with friends. “He was intoxicated,” police Lt. Dietrich Hohn told WCBS 880 Connecticut Bureau Chief Fran Schneidau. “We’re worried about his welfare, that he possibly fell down somewhere. Maybe he was hit by a car. We don’t know. There’s only a short period of time where his friends dropped him off and lost contact with him.” Hohn said Mendoza’s friends went back to check on him minutes after he was dropped off, but saw no sign of him.

“What makes it disturbing is he’s never gone missing before,” Hohn said. “His phone is always on. We checked his phone, and it was shut off on Dec. 24. He’s made no calls since, and there’s been no contact with anybody, which makes it very uncharacteristic of him.”
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12/...-stamford-man/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I hope he is safe somewhere. He looks like a big, strong guy who wouldn't be a likely target for a kidnapping. I hope there is no water close to where he went missing. Does anyone know what kind of a neighborhood it was that he was dropped off in? Normally safe or dangerous?

I am puzzled by the fact that his friends dropped him off "near" his home and returned after a few minutes to check on him. Why not drop him off AT his home? And, if the friends were worried why leave him at all? Not really a red flag....but perhaps pink?

http://stamford.itsrelevant.com/cont...endoza-missing

Garcia stated that he lives with his brother at 17 Willowbrook Ave and that, on Christmas Eve, Mendoza went out with his friends and never returned. After speaking with family and friends, it was determined that Mendoza was dropped off via USA Taxi in the area of 11 Avery St.

An extensive search was conducted of the area including Cove Island Park with negative results at this time.

So he was dropped off about .4 of a mile from his home. I wonder what the circumstances were that they dropped him off, then came back to check on him? Was he getting sick from drinking? Did he want to be dropped off a bit away from home to walk it off a bit?

If he went the opposite way of his home he would be a few blocks from water in the Cove park there...as well as north and south of the park.

I wonder if there were any cameras...there are businesses there...a tavern, liquor store...restaurants.

Maybe he went to have a "night cap" at the tavern there at Avery/Willowbrook Ave

Maybe they went back since his phone was off? I.e. tried to call him a few minutes later and no answer?
    But then what is this about a cab??
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/poli...es-5985968.php

This article fills in a lot of information.

He was too drunk to tell his friends where he lived.
    They were worried so circled around after dropping him off and didn't see him so they thought he was in house.
    He wasn't reported missing until Sunday night, last being seen Wednesday night. (Didn't show up to work on Monday)
    Bloodhounds tracked him to the opposite way of his house, to the parking lot of Cove park parking lot.

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    He was too drunk to tell his friends where he lived so they just dropped him ... somewhere?? Wow, great friends.

The friends could have done it as a joke and then circled back around to pick him back up or make sure he was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

According to police officials, Mendoza vanished after a night of drinking with his friends on Christmas Eve. They say he took a taxi home from a party, and was dropped off on Avery Street instead of where he lived on Willowbrook Street, which was two blocks over. He never made it home and hasn't been seen since.

bbm

http://connecticut.news12.com/news/p...week-1.9766221

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    According to police officials, Mendoza vanished after a night of drinking with his friends on Christmas Eve. They say he took a taxi home from a party, and was dropped off on Avery Street instead of where he lived on Willowbrook Street, which was two blocks over. He never made it home and hasn't been seen since.

bbm

http://connecticut.news12.com/news/p...week-1.9766221
    I can't view the full article without a subscription. I wonder if the friends were in the taxi with him? Otherwise I'm not sure where this bit about circling back around afterwards would come from. I can imagine him saying "I'll just get out here" rather than trying to give an address or directions, and exiting the taxi but the friends then worrying about him after the driver drove off.

I bet the friends are wishing they'd just brought him back to their place.

A bloodhound tracked a scent of Mendoza into an area near the Terry Conners Rink that is thick with trees and bushes. Police have not called in divers to search, "Unfortunately, with the cold and some of the tidal patterns it is difficult to really know exactly where to look."

http://stamford.dailyvoice.com/news/...sing-more-week

It would seem that they were all in the taxi. He probably didn't seem sure of what house he lived in as he was dropped in front of one that looked like his house (on the same side of the street) Then had to try and figure out his way home. Poor guy.

Who knows the level of friendship with those friends, but it would seem as though he had no plans for Christmas as he wasn't reported missing until Sunday. I guess his family isn't that close as wouldn't you think they would at least have a phone call on Christmas? Seems like a long time for him to be missing and no one noticing, or checking on him.

So much water around there

Body of Missing Stamford Man is Found at Cove Island Park

http://patch.com/connecticut/stamfor...-island-park-0