786 users online (123 members and 663 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...rity-1.3912803
    New webcams, shelters installed along 'Highway of Tears'

Security measures hope to improve safety on section of highway where dozens of women have disappeared

The Canadian Press Posted: Dec 26, 2016

The province says four new webcams are up and running and six new bus shelters have been installed along Highway 16 to help improve safety for those taking the route. The government said the new highway cameras complement three new webcam views that were activated on the highway in Smithers over the summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i used to live in the area. like many places in british columbia you can turn off the highway drive 10 to 15 minutes and you are the only one around.

Quote Originally Posted by troyfromnelson View Post
    i used to live in the area. like many places in british columbia you can turn off the highway drive 10 to 15 minutes and you are the only one around.
    Welcome to Ws troyfromnelson!

I can't start a new thread on Stacy DeBungee but I accidentally watched "the fifth estate" episode about his case and I'm just crashed.

He was a native man, and from Ontario, not BC, but it seems like this could be even bigger.

That case looks clearly as a murder, there is douzens of other suspicious deaths and disappearances of native people from around Thunder Bay and police shamelessly admits that they did nothing to solve it and that they have all the best intentions to keep strong in their mission and keep doing nothing.

I don't know what's going on. Maybe I didn't saw much but I never saw anything like this. That creature is laughing at Stacy DeBungee's death, he's laughing as he speaks and looks like he has time of his life experiencing the best stand up comedy ever as that lady is asking him about non-existing actions of local police.
    How something like that is possible? There is no news, case went cold and they are doing nothing. How people can be so inert about this?

I don't believe that I'm asking this but amount of victims and disappearances is just overwhelming. Is that attitude "normal" around Highway of Tears?

Are native people considered as non humans in Canada?
    Madison Scott has been missing from Hogsback lake near Vanderhoof (BC, Canada) since Saturday May 28th 2011

I found this article about a fashion show paying tribute to missing and murdered Indigenous women at the Vancouver Indigenous Fashion Week: http://www.straight.com/life/942501/...ters-emotional

I found the whole concept very moving and powerful. I love how fashion is bringing awareness to these cases. It's really nice to see the media attention too!
    Last edited by WesternArtist; 08-04-2017 at 01:02 AM.
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag

Quote Originally Posted by WesternArtist View Post
    I found this article about a fashion show paying tribute to missing and murdered Indigenous women at the Vancouver Indigenous Fashion Week: http://www.straight.com/life/942501/...ters-emotional
    Meaningful and beautiful.
    Some VIFW attendees, including co-emcee and Indigenous activist Lorelei Williams, even sported dresses and shirts screen-printed with the names and images of family and friends, and the dates they disappeared or were killed. “My cousin, Tanya Holyk, went missing in 1996,” Williams shared with the audience. “Her DNA was later found on Robert Pickton’s farm. And it hasn’t stopped there—so much has happened to my family.”

Williams then went on to acknowledge families of missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls in the crowd, addressing these individuals and their lost friends and relatives by their full names.
    The traditional regalia and contemporary garb offered by First Nations designers Derek Packer, Evan Ducharme, Linda Kay, Curtis Oland, Mia Hunt, and Dorothy Grant, one of the country's foremost Aboriginal designers and a recipient of the Order of Canada, celebrated the beauty and memory of Indigenous women, too.
    Design by Dorothy Grant.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7