1007 users online (179 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

This Half-Male, Half-Female Bird Has Very Peculiar Plumage

You don't have to be an ornithologist to know that red northern cardinals are male and brownish-gray ones are female.

But what about a Cardinalis cardinalis that sports red feathers on one side of its body and brownish-gray feathers on the other? Why, that cardinal is half-male and half-female, of course--and just such a rare bird has been observed in northwestern Illinois.

I think he/she is beautiful!!
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

La Luna
    Wow. Thank you so much for sharing this, Tulessa!!!
    Nature has so many anomalies.
    Be the most brilliant color in the box!

Upstate NY
    Nature is bizarre and amazing!
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Why I LOVE the internet! Beautiful bird, thanks for posting this.

Reminds me of a 3 stooges bit and an older one with Joe E. Brown. Confederates on one side of the road and Union on the other. Curly walks down the middle by wearing half a uniform from each. Almost reaches his goal until he turns around and gets blasted by both sides.
    That bird would probably be worth a bit of money.