PA - Shane Montgomery, 21, Philadelphia, 27 Nov 2014 #5

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Shane M. Montgomery - W/M/21 - 5'10" - 145 Lbs. - Green Eyes - Short Brown Hair

Manayunk, Philadelphia County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 2

Fri., Nov. 28th: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...for-missing-man-last-seen-at-bar-in-manayunk/ :

$ 10,000 Reward --- Includes Photo

Fri., Nov. 28th: http://blog.phillypolice.com/2014/11/missing-endangered-person-from-the-5th-district/

Area Weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/5day/l/USPA1276:1:US

[ Check Back for Updates at: http://blog.phillypolice.com/tag/missing-person/ ]

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

shane-montgomery-600.jpg

Shane Montgomery

http://www.people.com/article/college-student-still-missing-since-thanksgiving-eve

It was Definitely after 2:09am because that is when He is On Tape "Stumbling" Across the Bridge

In My Opinion: Shane Bumps the DJ Table (maybe On his way to the Bathroom) around 1:50-2:00 and is asked to leave or Told its Closing time and You have to Go.
At this time being Drunk he goes out the door turning right and needs to Pee. So he crosses the Street and heads to the Parking lot. It @ 2:09 where we see him on Tape and "Stumbling" down the Bridge.
At Some time he goes to Pee and Maybe goes to text at the same time and Loses footing and falls into the river.

Kevin, where the keys were found is out past that concrete ledge and fence for the water storage facility (South West end of the lot) that has the fence section for the concrete ledge bent back. I can't see him going out on that ledge in the cold and wet to go pee or text when the detailing building and that little wooden hut out behind it are better suited.

I am on the fence about Shane dropping the keys in the water when falling in or the keys being thrown in by others. I am waiting for the dive team or Detpac to find the cell phone in the water or on land. One would reason that a white cell phone case should be visible in the water or laying out in the weeds and brush.

Kevin, where the keys were found is out past that concrete ledge and fence for the water storage facility (South West end of the lot) that has the fence section for the concrete ledge bent back. I can't see him going out on that ledge in the cold and wet to go pee or text when the detailing building and that little wooden hut out behind it are better suited.

I am on the fence about Shane dropping the keys in the water when falling in or the keys being thrown in by others. I am waiting for the dive team or Detpac to find the cell phone in the water or on land. One would reason that a white cell phone case should be visible in the water or laying out in the weeds and brush.

I am leaning towards what I bolded above. Kevinc, did Kildare's happen to say when the debit card was found? I am assuming they would say "that night" (when Shane was in the bar), but I am wondering if the debit card was mysteriously found "later." If "later" maybe the debit card was planted as well (just like the keys, if they were in fact, thrown in the river).

Kevinc3143 said:
It was Definitely after 2:09am because that is when He is On Tape "Stumbling" Across the Bridge

In My Opinion: Shane Bumps the DJ Table (maybe On his way to the Bathroom) around 1:50-2:00 and is asked to leave or Told its Closing time and You have to Go.
At this time being Drunk he goes out the door turning right and needs to Pee. So he crosses the Street and heads to the Parking lot. It @ 2:09 where we see him on Tape and "Stumbling" down the Bridge.
At Some time he goes to Pee and Maybe goes to text at the same time and Loses footing and falls into the river.

The problem with the texting and then falling in theory is that if is actually true that the last ping was 1:38 then his phone was likely dead or turned off after 2:09. Trackergd, I agree that I can't see him going on the ledge to pee or text. I also dont think he would go to that ledge to smoke. JMO

The problem with the texting and then falling in theory is that if is actually true that the last ping was 1:38 then his phone was likely dead or turned off after 2:09. Trackergd, I agree that I can't see him going on the ledge to pee or text. I also dont think he would go to that ledge to smoke. JMO

BBM

What I understood Kevin's post to mean and IMO what I have thought was that he may have gone to text someone and fell in before sending it, so the phone would never actually have pinged. So, wouldn't it have been possible for it to last pinged at 1:38am and then gone dead or turned off shortly after 2:09am if he fell in the water, with no pings? Do we know when his phone was dead or turned off?

I understand theories about the keys and debit card being planted by someone else. Finding the debit card without the wallet and finding the keys but not a body or shoe (and no scent picked up by cadaver dog). It does seem weird. I hope more information from that night becomes known to us. The debit card info that was shared here made me feel stronger in the direction of someone else having involvement in Shane's disappearance or at least having an unreported interaction with Shane.

BBM

What I understood Kevin's post to mean and IMO what I have thought was that he may have gone to text someone and fell in before sending it, so the phone would never actually have pinged. So, wouldn't it have been possible for it to last pinged at 1:38am and then gone dead or turned off shortly after 2:09am if he fell in the water, with no pings? Do we know when his phone was dead or turned off?

A phone pings periodically I believe,,not just from texts and calls. It also pings from apps being updated or just the tower sending a signal, something like that. For example Shane made a call at 1:28 but apparently it pinged at 1:38 without any call or text being made. If the phone still had battery life and was still turned on, the phone would have pinged some time between 1:38 and 2:09.

BBM

Bar closing time on a popular holiday overnight and no doubt the parking lot held many cars that evening. That also means a significant volume of foot traffic to those cars. With the huge crowd in the area I suspect at least some cars were parked around to the detailing building / wooden hut. Even if inebriated I would expect Shane to retain his manners and not expose himself to relieve himself with foot traffic out and about (comprising of males and females). The ledge offers a bit of privacy while relieving...

BBM

Bar closing time on a popular holiday overnight and no doubt the paring lot held many cars that evening. That also means a significant volume of foot traffic to those cars. With the huge crowd in the area I suspect at least some cars were parked around to the detailing building / wooden hut. Even if inebriated I would expect Shane to retain his manners and not expose himself to relieve himself with foot traffic out and about (comprising of males and females). The ledge offers a bit of privacy while relieving...

There was land and brush right next to that ledge and fence. He could have peed from the edge of the parking lot onto that brush without having to go up onto a ledge or get near the water. I dont think a drunk person or even a sober person would have the idea to go onto that ledge if they had to pee, imo.

So...when guys go to pee outside, do they unbutton and unzip or just unzip? Reason I'm wondering is that of his pants were both unbuttoned and unzipped and he did fall in the water, isn't likely that they'd have come off with water current, thrashing about, making his way downstream, etc.?
Just grabbing at straws here, trying to get a snapshot of what may have happened IF he did fall in.

A phone pings periodically I believe,,not just from texts and calls. It also pings from apps being updated or just the tower sending a signal, something like that. For example Shane made a call at 1:28 but apparently it pinged at 1:38 without any call or text being made. If the phone still had battery life and was still turned on, the phone would have pinged some time between 1:38 and 2:09.

I agree that phones ping periodically. But his phone didn't have to necessarily ping during 1:38 and 2:09. A phone doesn't constantly ping, as frequently as 30 minutes or even less. It would depend what you have on your phone, I gather. I am following another case and that persons phone didn't ping every 30 minutes. Every phone is different.

He called someone at 1:28 and it pinged at 1:38? I don't understand how that is even possible? So, the 1:38 ping is from the 1:28 call? I don't understand how that is possible. Where is that information coming from?

BBM

BBM

Cellphone and cellular stations communicate ("ping") regardless of whether or not a call is in progress or a text is being sent ...as long as a cellphone is powered on and within range of at least one cell station (xmtr and rcvr, antenna on tower or other structure) and the cell has available capacity (open radio channels) and the switching station is able to process the connection. It is a complex process as each cell station and switching station are designed to handled multiple and concurrent connections.

At the most basic, "pings" occur at regular intervals (varies among systems, seconds or minute(s)) to identify the powered-on cellphone to the switching center. The cell system was never designed for tracking and pinpointing cellphones, its main function to connect cellphones to switching servers which connect calls to intended parties, and also process texts.

Your powered-on cellphone sitting on your night stand is communicating with within-range cell stations even while you sleep.

I agree that phones ping periodically. But his phone didn't have to necessarily ping during 1:38 and 2:09. A phone doesn't constantly ping, as frequently as 30 minutes or even less. It would depend what you have on your phone, I gather. I am following another case and that persons phone didn't ping every 30 minutes. Every phone is different.

He called someone at 1:28 and it pinged at 1:38? I don't understand how that is even possible? So, the 1:38 ping is from the 1:28 call? I don't understand how that is possible. Where is that information coming from?

[I know there was some problems in the last thread discussing the ping so I just want to say Im not trying to argue with anyone with this post, I am just sharing all the info we know with hockeymom4]
The family friend and the detective in this thread are saying the final ping was at 1:38, 10 mins after his last call, which is why I believed his phone should have pinged again between 1:38 and 2:09 if it wasn't dead. However the information searchers and the media obtained from the family and LE at the very start of the case said the final ping was 2:38 and never mentioned what pings happened between the 1:28 phone call and 2:38. Thats all the info on it that has been shared.

BBM

Cellphone and cellular stations communicate ("ping") regardless of whether or not a call is in progress or a text is being sent ...as long as a cellphone is powered on and within range of at least one cell station (xmtr and rcvr, antenna on tower or other structure) and the cell has available capacity (open radio channels) and the switching station is able to process the connection. It is a complex process as each cell station and switching station are designed to handled multiple and concurrent connections.

At the most basic, "pings" occur at regular intervals (varies among systems, seconds or minute(s)) to identify the powered-on cellphone to the switching center. The cell system was never designed for tracking and pinpointing cellphones, its main function to connect cellphones to switching servers which connect calls to intended parties, and also process texts.

Your powered-on cellphone sitting on your night stand is communicating with within-range cell stations even while you sleep.

Let me clarify. I didn't mean it would never have pinged. I meant at that exact moment. I meant if he didn't send the text, the phone wouldn't have pinged, just because he typed the message. From what I read and understand his phone last pinged at 1:38am. He was last seen at 2:09am and there is no reported other pings. This is possible. Some people's phones more frequently than others. His phone still could have been on and he could have been typing a message and not have yet pinged again. That is what I was trying to say. Well, there was no reported ping again and haven't read that his phone was reported as dead or turned off at a certain time. Which is odd actually, usually in missing cases I read this.

So...when guys go to pee outside, do they unbutton and unzip or just unzip? Reason I'm wondering is that of his pants were both unbuttoned and unzipped and he did fall in the water, isn't likely that they'd have come off with water current, thrashing about, making his way downstream, etc.?
Just grabbing at straws here, trying to get a snapshot of what may have happened IF he did fall in.
Good thought. It Depends on the person and the pair of pants. There might be a chance if he unzipped/unbuttoned that the pants could stay on him in the water if it was a tight "skinny" pair of pants.

I've been following, but not posting. Let me say, I believe there was an altercation outside the bar in which Shane became a victim. I further believe his posessions went one way, while his body went another.

I think there is something here that cannot/will not be spoken about. Don't even bother asking.

My opinion only

True. Sometimes drowning victims are found naked due to the length of time the body is in water. As the body expands and contracts during the decomposing process, clothing will free itself from the body. The water current also helps in this process.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BBM

Bar closing time on a popular holiday overnight and no doubt the paring lot held many cars that evening. That also means a significant volume of foot traffic to those cars. With the huge crowd in the area I suspect at least some cars were parked around to the detailing building / wooden hut. Even if inebriated I would expect Shane to retain his manners and not expose himself to relieve himself with foot traffic out and about (comprising of males and females). The ledge offers a bit of privacy while relieving...

I had asked before about this ledge, and I believe that either takeittothebank or alwaysonthecase responded to me (I'm sorry I don't have a moment now to go back and look) about the logistics of this ledge, and I thank you for responding. Possibly he was in the brush area next to the ledge and fell down that slope. I believe I remember that folks said that brush was not disturbed, but....

Also, I am still unclear about that gate on the fence by the ledge. If Shane was standing in the brush next to the gate area, could he have possibly tried to open that gate to get out of that area? Or is it inconsequential about the gate? Could he have just walked around that ledge area to the parking lot and out of Venice Island that way?

What is the purpose of the gate on the fence around that ledge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back