703 users online (93 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, Jackson County, 29 Nov 2014 - #3

http://www.kdrv.com/missing-teen-last-seen-at-party/

The Ashland Police Department is asking the public to help them find a missing 17-year-old. Police said Hannah Thomas-Garner was last seen at a party Saturday night on Dead Indian Memorial Road.

They said her car was found abandoned in Shasta City, California, but there have been no traces of Hannah.
    http://www.kajo.com/news/local/index...30463&ucat=2,4

The young lady was last seen at a party Saturday night near the 13 mile marker of Dead Indian Road in rural Jackson County...

She is described as being 5’6”, 137 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes.
    Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Media Thread
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...php?p=11338530
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 01-21-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Bringing timeline forward to new thread (thank you for the added info GeargiaJean!!)
    Map in signature.

Updated timeline and facts:

-Saturday 11/29/14 9PM - HTG's mom sees HTG before she goes to bed.
    -Later in the night - HTG sneaks out of house to an outdoor party near the 13 mile marker of Dead Indian Memorial Road in rural Jackson County, OR. Took her keys, phone, and Driver's License.(according to mom). Car had 1/2 a tank of gas (mom's estimate) Doesn't seem like she packed a bag or took anything (per mom).

-Sunday 11/30/14 approx. 1:00AM - HTG leaves party, possibly to take someone home? Allegedly, HTG has a plot to run away with two other girls. https://kobi5.com/news/item/police-s...l#.VIOzZmTF_38 Kids at Rave say she asked for $5 for gas before she left.

-Monday 12/1/14 12:20AM – HTG’s car located in Mt. Shasta City, CA, with body damage and windshield damage (windshield may be shattered or removed). http://www.redding.com/news/local-ne...n-mount-shasta Mom said LE called her about 1am with the news of the car. Photos of car reveal type of damage to vehicle, glass inside vehicle, etc.

-Monday 12/1/14 approx. 10:00AM - HTG is seen hitch-hiking near Dunsmuir by a "credible witness," this witness drops her off at a coffee shop in Dunsmuir. A second witness has also reported seeing HTG hitch-hiking in the same area around this time. http://www.kptv.com/story/27519263/o...-in-california Credible witness is male. According to admin of BringHannahHome facebook, witness gave her $20 for food. Said she looked healthy and in good spirits, and was headed to Fresno or somewhere warm.
    -Monday 12/1/14 morning hours - Sylvia is allegedly picked up by AT in a white truck. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...fy_man_19.html

-Tuesday 12/2/14 between 6:50AM and 7:15AM - [this was a false sighting]
    -Tuesday 12/2/14 morning hours - Sylvia is reported missing.
    -Tuesday 12/2/14 time unknown - Unconfirmed sighting of HTG in Red Bluff, CA, possibly near a Home Depot. surveilance pictures are inconclusive, and may/maynot be HT

-Saturday 12/6/14 approx 6:00AM White truck is located in the parking area of the Mattole Beach campground, at the end of Lighthouse Rd., in Petrolia, CA.
    -Saturday 12/6/14 approx 11:30AM Sylvia is located with AT and RS approximately 3 miles south of the Mattole campground. Sylvia has been reunited with family. http://www.times-standard.com/genera...h-her-arrested According to LE, based on interviews with SD and AT, HT was never with them.
    Last edited by Tricia; 01-03-2015 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Edit per poster's request
    Baby girl SBHack due May 7
    I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them
    Hooks up

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    Is there a map of rave vs checkpoint vs car? I can put a dot on it for the address we shall not speak of.
    There's a map in my signature I'll add the approximate property location and the state border check point!

ETA: Done, the two points are added!

ETA2: Here is the link for Tapatalk users https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Q.kG4CmNERrqKE
    Baby girl SBHack due May 7
    I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them
    Hooks up

Quote Originally Posted by klily444 View Post
    I haven't stopped reading all of the posts here. The interview with APD caused a lot of confusion as far as my thoughts go. When it comes down to the father's opinion of whether the girl seen in the video is Hannah or not, I'm going to believe him over APD that it was not Hannah. But APD has information from the CW that could only have come from Hannah's mouth. Are we 100% certain of that? It's a big deal because APD was very unclear in their answer regarding the footage of the vehicle crossing the state line. I want us to be able to make a sound judgment call on the last sighting of Hannah. It could be at the party. It could be in Dunsmuir or Redding. This is important stuff. Because lets say the last sighting of her was at the party, and she "gave" her car to someone to get rid of; that could mean that she traveled north or east. I am hoping we receive more information from either the family or APD in the near future that will help us get the word out in the right geographical location. I pray that Hannah is OK and this will all come to an end soon. For now, I really can't say one way or another about any of the theories we have come up with. There are just too many questions. But, do I think she is away by choice at this point? Probably not.
    This sounds like an interesting point. What if someone stashed her car for her. Damaging it to make it look suspicious, throwing LE off her trail if she went elsewhere.
    Last edited by True North; 01-02-2015 at 12:58 PM.

IMO I do believe that LE is convinced Hannah did run away initially. I get the impression that there are some good reasons as to why they formed this conclusion. Not sure but it is possible they have a good idea of the general direction that Hannah went. I also believe that based on the video at the state checkpoint that they feel confident that Hannah did drive her car through the checkpoint. Or someone who looks a lot like Hannah drove the car through the checkpoint. IMO the search at the party sight is just a courtesy/training exercise and they do not expect to find anything there.

IMO I think that since there is a wealth of information that LE has and will not release to Public and there is persistent pressure from the public, they should be obligated to put more effort into locating Hannah. It would be a good gift to the family and the humanitarian thing to do. And it would give the local LE a shinning star instead of a black eye if things turn bad.

OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, & (S.D., 16 <-found), Jackson Cty, 29 Nov 2014 - #3

Please continue here for Hannah

FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Bringing forward georgiajean's questions so they don't get lost.

Starting a thread of info to sent to the detective. Things to look at, facts we've dredged up, and theories we want them to consider.
    Please add to the thread, or PM me any info you want in this letter. I will send it tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, or earlier if nothing new is coming in.

What I want to add:
    Comment under news article from Lost Coast Outpost, about SD, and how the picture was the same picture he'd seen in ads on Redding's Craigslist's casual encounters, and how the Rave location was a frequent meet-up spot for Casual Encounters.
    I found a post on Redding's Craigslist Casual Encounters with the tagline "Someplace Warm", from around Thanksgiving.
    Has her car been searched thoroughly for other evidence? \
    Was that paper on the passenger seat ever looked at?
    Are they sure the SIM card is not somewhere in the car? Under a seat, fold of a cushion, in the glove box, trunk, etc? So many places a little card could fall...
    Consider that SD, AT, and RS may have truthfully answered the questions asked of them, but perhaps other questions need to be asked. Yes, Hannah was never with them on the trip to Humboldt. But did they see her in Mt. Shasta? Did she try to follow them but they ditched her? Did they damage her car so she couldn't follow them? Did they remove her SIM card so she couldn't contact them any more?
    Have they spoken to people who work at the Round Table, to see if Hannah has EVER been in the place?

Please add to the list. There are amazing minds all gathered here, and I think we have a few clues and theories and ideas that may help.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...9#post11346899

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Bringing forward:
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyBonnet
    In the beginning, I read that Hannah disappeared after a high school house party of some kind. Then I read she disappeared from a party in an open field. Finally, I read that she disappeared after a rave in an area with a few rock quarries off of Dead Indian Memorial Road.

Tonight, I was doing some online searches and discovered records that indicate SD’s family appears to own appx. 10 acres on Dead Indian Memorial Road. It also appears there is some sort of small mobile living unit located on the property.

Posting again the video for Hannah made by her Dad. Bring tissues.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=JQnp9T1N0Gc

To address Sarx from the last thread, I think the only reason they searched the party area is because the public started making a lot of noise about it. I don't think they originally intended to, beyond a cursory search they did at the time she was reported missing. So if asked why, I believe APD will say they searched because their citizens wanted them to, not because they felt they needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hooks Up!

I'm not exactly sure yet what kinds of information I can post here without crossing lines. Others may have seen what I'm about to reference, but I won't post the exact item because I'm not sure about sharing pics, info, and links I find. So, forgive me if I'm vague; I'm trying to stay in bounds. And if I'm restating the obvious, please forgive me for that, too.

Something to consider: Despite the rumors that Hannah planned to run away, Hannah was apparently actively doing her AP Psychology homework and discussing it with her classmates up until Sunday, November 23 (or at least Wednesday, November 19). Wednesday, November 26 was a half day and the next day was Thanksgiving. She disappeared on Saturday the 29th.

So, basically, LE thinks Hannah did her AP Psychology homework all the way up until Thanksgiving holiday when she went to a rave and ran away to California where she then abandoned her car with a bashed in windshield? What? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by klily444 View Post
    To address Sarx from the last thread, I think the only reason they searched the party area is because the public started making a lot of noise about it. I don't think they originally intended to, beyond a cursory search they did at the time she was reported missing. So if asked why, I believe APD will say they searched because their citizens wanted them to, not because they felt they needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BBM

I agree. And, adding to that APD's insistence that Hannah is a runaway, this says to me is that they have very strong evidence that Hannah made it to California and left Mt. Shasta on her own. It would not surprise me at all if they know approximately or exactly where she is and/or with whom (if anyone). JMO

In that scenario, she could be unwilling to return home, and I don't believe they could force her. They may not even be able to tell her parents exactly where she is. I don't know the law on this.

Or, it's possible that she is with someone and in danger, even though she left on her own. I would expect them to keep quiet about that too, while they attempt to extricate her...easier said than done. They might not even share that info with her family.

I think many of us felt that O'Meara was not answering all the questions asked on Monday with complete candor. It may well be that he was instructed to go out there (on his day off after working all night) and do his best to alleviate community concern, while not compromising the case. There are things he genuinely may not know, so that he won't give away important info.

I don't know if any of this is the case, but I think it's at least a likely possibility. MOO, JMO etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BusyBonnet View Post
    I'm not exactly sure yet what kinds of information I can post here without crossing lines. Others may have seen what I'm about to reference, but I won't post the exact item because I'm not sure about sharing pics, info, and links I find. So, forgive me if I'm vague; I'm trying to stay in bounds. And if I'm restating the obvious, please forgive me for that, too.

Something to consider: Despite the rumors that Hannah planned to run away, Hannah was apparently actively doing her AP Psychology homework and discussing it with her classmates up until Sunday, November 23 (or at least Wednesday, November 19). Wednesday, November 26 was a half day and the next day was Thanksgiving. She disappeared on Saturday the 29th.

So, basically, LE thinks Hannah did her AP Psychology homework all the way up until Thanksgiving holiday when she went to a rave and ran away to California where she then abandoned her car with a bashed in windshield? What? Come on.
    BBM

You're doing a good job sleuthing and staying within TOS, IMO.

I agree that the whole thing looks strange. I just posted that we really don't know what LE really believes, only what they tell us.

Just to be contrary I'll put this forward. I've followed a number of cases here, in which people disappeared and it turned out they went willingly, and up to their disappearance, they did normal things and some even seemed outwardly happy. Unfortunately, these cases ended in suicide or accidental death, and all involved depression or mental illness, at times undetected until after the fact. In no way am I suggesting that Hannah was mentally ill or has committed suicide, although after these cases, my mind goes there.

But my point is that we just can't always go by normal behavior before a disappearance and assume that she wouldn't leave voluntarily and behave in an unusual manner. That threw us off track on most of the following cases:

Johnathan Croom went camping with friends and hung himself on the way home.

Sam Holt had a loving girlfriend and family. After a brief bout with paranoia, he left behind his ID and went into a river.

Leanne Bearden travelled happily around the world with her husband for over two years and was about to interview for a job when she walked out of the house and hung herself in a local neighborhood.

Grace Elan Sabots had loving family and friends. When contacted by LE while camping along a river, she convinced him she was fine. She left a note, cut herself and walked into the Klamath River.

Jennifer Huston was considered a wonderful mother to her young boys and was seen on video buying snacks before disappearing. She parked on private property and hung herself.

Teleka Patrick was a doing her residency in psychiatry, was brilliant, but was battling severe mental illness before she died of probable accidental drowning.

I am sad for each one of these remarkable and interesting people, whom I wish I had known. I truly hope I get to know Hannah someday.

Do we know when Hannah's Facebook page was deleted/deactivated? Is it possible that it was deleted Thanksgiving weekend by her parents (Oregon family) as a consequence for something she did that they didn't like? We've assumed Hannah deleted it. That doesn't have to be true.

Similarly, do we know for sure that her parents didn't remove the SIM card from the phone? Removing a SIM from that type of phone is easy enough. If I were trying to stop a teen from texting/using the internet or had taken her phone for the night and I wanted to make sure she couldn't use it if she found it after I fell asleep, I might separate the SIM card from the phone. Then I'd hide the SIM someplace away from the phone.

What if Hannah's mom or step-dad did this and Hannah didn't know? Hannah took the keys and her cell phone, sneaked out of the house and headed to the rave totally unaware that her phone didn't have the SIM card.

Thus, Facebook profile mysteriously gone, SIM card not in phone. Possible? Has anyone asked specifically about these scenarios? LE has hedged, but if they know this or something like this happened, if they believe there was a blow up with her mother and step-dad Thanksgiving weekend, could this be why? Could this explain her mom's silence?

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast