GUILTY GA - Police Chief William McCollom for attempted murder, Peachtree City, 2015

greycoupon

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/01/justice/georgia-police-chief-wife/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The man tasked with keeping the peace in Peachtree City, Police Chief William McCollom, was being investigated in a shooting that left his wife in critical condition.

Authorities aren't revealing many details, but they said McCollom shot Margaret McCollom with his service Glock 9mm a few hours before dawn inside the couple's bedroom.

The chief told 911 it was an accident, said Sherry Lang, spokeswoman for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

No charges have been filed.

An accident? In the middle of the night in their bedroom. What did he think he was shooting at? Unless of course, it was not an accident.

I just read that there will be a press conference at 2:00pm. I'm waiting to hear if she was in the bathroom and he thought there was an intruder...

Sorry, the press conference was yesterday...I didn't realize it was an old article.

Do you have a link for the presser? Earlier news reports stated the shooting occurred in their bedroom.
I wonder how she is doing-hoping she recovers fully.

I'm pretty sure the 2:00 press conference mentioned in several articles is the one which took place yesterday. I haven't seen anything for a press conference today. MOO.

Per the AJC, his wife is still in the hospital.
Margaret McCollom, 58, remained in the hospital Friday, recovering from the single gunshot wound she suffered when McCollom discharged his department-issued Glock 17 9 millimeter.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/investigation-of-peachtree-city-police-chief-could/njfML/

Hmmm....from grey coupon'so link:

"The initial reports that we got from a 911 call were that the chief had shot his wife, accidentally, twice. As a result of our preliminary interview, we have found that he only shot her one time," she said.

Does that mean he accidentally shot her once and accidentally missed her once?

The 911 call has been released. You can listen to it at this link, as well as, read a partial transcript.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/911-calls-released-shooting-peachtree-city-police-/njfQP/

From the written portion of the article:

“Who shot her?” the dispatcher asked.
“Me,” McCollum responds. “The gun was in the bed, I went to move it, put it aside and it went off.”

He tells dispatcher he was asleep when it happened, no one else in the home.

So, was he asleep or moving the gun when the shooting happened? I don't see how it could be both. MOO.

911 call: Peachtree City police chief's wife shot in bed/

“A gunshot wound. Accidental. Need medical ASAP,” McCollum said. "Shot in the back. "

“Who shot her?” the dispatcher asked.

“Me,” McCollum responds. “The gun was in the bed, I went to move it, put it aside and it went off.”

You can listen to the 911 call.

Guns don't just go off. You pulled the trigger, Chief. I find his story rather implausible. It happened in HIS sleep. I realize LEO are trained to stay calm in stressful situations but he just shot his WIFE and sounds like he's discussing having car trouble.

I am from Peachtree City and shocked to hear this. It is one of the safest communities in the US. The police patrol the golf cart paths regularly. Once in my subdivision they stopped a drunk golf cart driver and his wife had to come get him. They also hide in trees along the paths to keep everyone safe. Sure hope this goes well for the woman.

Oh for gods sake, the gun just 'went off'? Wonder what she did to get him so mad at 4am .. did they go out late on New Years Eve .. get home drunk perhaps?

The 911 call has been released. You can listen to it at this link, as well as, read a partial transcript.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/911-calls-released-shooting-peachtree-city-police-/njfQP/

From the written portion of the article:

So, was he asleep or moving the gun when the shooting happened? I don't see how it could be both. MOO.

I know this is NOT funny in any way but I read your post and thought omgaw, now people will use 'sleep shooting' as a defence. ;)

Why was his gun IN the bed?

The only thing I could think of was that he kept the gun under his pillow while they slept? It's certainly not a place I would keep my gun while I slept, but that was the only place in the bed I could imagine it being. MOO

911 call: Peachtree City police chief's wife shot in bed/

You can listen to the 911 call.

Guns don't just go off. You pulled the trigger, Chief. I find his story rather implausible. It happened in HIS sleep. I realize LEO are trained to stay calm in stressful situations but he just shot his WIFE and sounds like he's discussing having car trouble.

REALLY!!! Geesh, he's WAY too calm ... WAY too calm!!!

He shot her in the 'back'? How does that happen while just moving it on the bed????

And why wasn't the safety on? He's a Police Chief for pete sakes!!!

The plot thickens:

He had another wife since he was actually married (divorced 2014) to the one he accidentally shot. Wife No.2: Suzanne Carter is a rabbi who was the police department chaplain in Delray Beach, Florida when McCollon was chief. The chief & the woman who was shot were divorced in 1999.... according to Daily Mail, which is a scandalous rag (my opinion) but sometimes gets it right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ars-ago-married-South-Florida-RABBI-year.html

I can't believe they haven't charged him with ANYTHING .. what about illegal discharge of a gun, or some lesser charge while they work out the rest. Does anyone here think if this had been anyone but the police chief they'd have not charged him with something to put him inside while they work on the case?

Yes. Very strange. It will be interesting to see how his past shakes out.

I can't believe they haven't charged him with ANYTHING .. what about illegal discharge of a gun, or some lesser charge while they work out the rest. Does anyone here think if this had been anyone but the police chief they'd have not charged him with something to put him inside while they work on the case?

This times a million. Well, I wish I was surprised but I am not. Here's hoping they do something that would really shock me and actually charge him.

Better source than the Daily Fail, err Mail. AJC reports that he and his wife actually remarried this year.

They take care of their own. This does not surprise me one bit. I wish they would have immediately taken away his badge/firearm, and hand ove the investigation to the local FBI office.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back