863 users online (158 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crim....html?mode=jqm

idney and Tammy Moorer's murder trial date has been set, and 800 jurors will be called when the Heather Elvis case comes to trial in May, according to court documents filed Wednesday with the Horry County Clerk of Court.

In related matters, an at large judge from Moncks Corner now has “concurrent jurisdiction” in the Moorer murder trial, which is scheduled for May 11, court records state.

What a Freudian typo above. idney lost his head and that's why we're here talking about him.

Anyway, the window of opportunity to cut a deal is closing, now that a trial date has been set — although not in stone so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more delays.

I'm torn. Do I want one to plead out and tell the whole sordid tale on the stand, albeit in a self-serving way while throwing their beloved under the bus? Or do I want them both yoked together to the bitter end?

I'd go with a plea deal *only* if it brings Heather home to her family.

Wonder if this trial will be televised?

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    What a Freudian typo above. idney lost his head and that's why we're here talking about him.

Anyway, the window of opportunity to cut a deal is closing, now that a trial date has been set — although not in stone so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more delays.

I'm torn. Do I want one to plead out and tell the whole sordid tale on the stand, albeit in a self-serving way while throwing their beloved under the bus? Or do I want them both yoked together to the bitter end?

I'd go with a plea deal *only* if it brings Heather home to her family.
    I think they have too much on one another for it to make sense for either one to be a turncoat, but perhaps there's a surprise ending. Whatever the case, I'd like to believe the more they hang together, the more likely they both suffer the full scope of shared consequences. I would be concerned that one plea deal results in a plea deal for the one under the bus, and none of this benefits the Elvis family or brings Heather to a respectful place of rest. I've always been a little concerned there may never be a trial for either.

I don't think they'll ever fully give up what they did to her, and I suspect her remains are so far gone, they can be certain that any recovery, if that's even possible, won't reveal what really happened. To that extent, the passage of time is on their side, and they may decide to squeal at 11:59 rather than face a prosecutor and a jury. But no matter what, there will be drama. And more drama. And I'm concerned the consequences in any scenario may be far less than what is deserved.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Where is Heather?

It also may be that given how the law is written, there's nothing to be gained from talking. If the law doesn't leave room for a lesser consequence, they may prefer taking their chances at trial, with their lawyers giving their best performances in chipping away at the state's circumstantial case.
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Where is Heather?

800 potential jurors being called. Wow, I don't think they had that many for OJ or Robert Blake's trials
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

Judge R. Markley Dennis, Jr., of Moncks Corner, will preside over the case.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/circ...m?judgeid=2060

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/277492...is-murder-case

...SM from Moncks Corner.

I think they just got lucky. Dumped her or buried her somewhere very remote and no one has stumbled across the right place yet, the way skeletal remains are usually found.

So they will be tried together then?

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    I still think they fed her to alligators as horrible as that is to imagine.
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

I will always believe that they placed her in one of the dumpsters that SM was familiar with. She will never be found now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosgirl View Post
    So they will be tried together then?
    As far as I can tell. That was a bit of a surprise when only one trial date was set, as I had assumed the Ms would be tried separately.

I hope they are tried together so the same jurors can hear and evaluate each perp's defense at the same time. Not as easy to get away with it if you can't blame everything on an accomplice who isn't even in the courtroom to defend him/herself, IMO.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagara View Post
    I still think they fed her to alligators as horrible as that is to imagine.
    I believe that as well, or at least put her in water in which there could be (or have been) alligators.

Monckton says jurors will not be disqualified just because they know about the case. "You're only to base your decision, only on the evidence presented in the courtroom, not what you hear on a blog, not what you see on T.V. Its only what's in the court room and if you can do that, the judge will put you on the panel," Monckton said.

Monckton says any potential defense motion to move the trial out of Horry County can't happen until they try to seat a jury.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/277515...y-tammy-moorer

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast