895 users online (123 members and 772 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK - Tracey Neilson, 21, Moore, 5 January 1981

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-investiga...rticle/5381211

Thirty-four years after a young woman was killed on her birthday inside her Moore apartment, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is still looking for leads in the case.

On Jan. 5, 1981, Tracey Neilson, 21, was found dead by her husband after he returned to their home from class at the University of Oklahoma medical school. Neilsonís throat was cut and she had multiple stab wounds, according to an account in The Oklahoman from the day after the incident.

There was no sign of forced entry. The homicide remains unsolved, authorities said.
    http://www.moorecrimetips.com/Tracey_Neilson.html

On Monday, January 5, 1981, Tracey Diane Neilson, 21 years of age, was found dead with multiple stab wounds in her apartment located at 1104 NW 10th Street. Tracey was a junior at the University of Oklahoma in Norman. She lived with her husband of five months who was also a student at the University. Tracey was killed around noon and she was found neatly dressed.
    http://www.news9.com/story/27749178/...oore-cold-case

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) said it will hold a press conference at 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 5 regarding a 34-year-old homicide case...

Authorities told News 9 a critical piece of evidence will be displayed at the press conference. OSBI officials said they will also announce a reward for information on the case and several of Neilson's family members will speak.
    Vintage MSM coverage:

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/675...th184204/m1/7/

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/675...th184206/m1/7/

If they figure out who this perp is, they might well find other victims, imo.

Police pin hopes for break in 34-year-old murder to cable receipt

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/05...-woman-tracey/

"On Monday, the 34th anniversary of Neilson’s death, authorities announced they are working to identify the owner of a cable trouble assignment ticket book. The last ticket in the book is for work done at the Neilson home at 11:51 a.m. the day Tracey was killed, according to investigators. On the bottom left corner of the book is a box for the employee name with three letters scribbled inside. A box was checked indicating the job had been completed.

“We want to identify the three letters written in that box,” the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said at a press conference Monday on what would have been Neilson’s 55th birthday.

Was this not looked into originally or are they having another look at it I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by poppygirl View Post
    Police pin hopes for break in 34-year-old murder to cable receipt

"On Monday, the 34th anniversary of Neilson’s death, authorities announced they are working to identify the owner of a cable trouble assignment ticket book. The last ticket in the book is for work done at the Neilson home at 11:51 a.m. the day Tracey was killed, according to investigators. On the bottom left corner of the book is a box for the employee name with three letters scribbled inside. A box was checked indicating the job had been completed.

“We want to identify the three letters written in that box,” the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said at a press conference Monday on what would have been Neilson’s 55th birthday.

Was this not looked into originally or are they having another look at it I wonder?
    That was my thought, too. It seems rather obvious. Can't they check employee records, too?

.Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockKittyCat View Post
    That was my thought, too. It seems rather obvious. Can't they check employee records, too?
    After so many years, it will be amazing if the cable company still has records. Would this have been when computers were just coming into BIG companies? Like you, why or how was this point not checked out back at the time of the murder. It looks like a big mistake in the investigation IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    If they figure out who this perp is, they might well find other victims, imo.
    We have a number of cases of teens/young women in the Cold Case forum who were brutally murdered in Oklahoma during the late '70s-early '80s. Some of them obviously (to me) by husband/BF, but I've often wondered if there were one or more serial killers here in the state at that time.

Going cross-eyed trying to figure out what those letters are, for now - guessing it starts with a small capital R ( or B) which swirls into an O, then an i, or r, U .
    jmo.

Does it say Bir? Boir?

It appears to be a signature not just 3 letters. Bru...? I am pretty sure about the first two, but it could be anything after the r.

The time on it is 11:51 and she was murdered they think around noon. Did the person actually work for the cable company or was it a ruse? If it was a ruse, how did the person know details listed on that ticket such as cable, pair, test, etc.? Those seem specific and add credibility, but maybe those were part of the ruse, too?

The person's 5 is rather unique. It resembles an S more than a 5 except on the date.

Trouble Cause: Inter? Can anyone figure out what it says?

I am guessing DNA or prints did not give them any clues.
    Last edited by SeriouslySearching; 01-06-2015 at 03:45 AM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Murder Victim's Husband Hopes Evidence Leads To Arrest In Moore Cold Case

OKLAHOMA CITY - A Durant surgeon said he's hopeful evidence released leads to an arrest for his wife's murder 34-years ago Monday. Tracey Neilson, 21, was murdered by an attacker with a knife on Jan. 5, 1981. It was her birthday.

Neilson and her husband Jeff had been married less than six months. Jeff Neilson found his wife's body in the Jamestown Square Apartments they shared in Moore.

~Snip~

Tracey Neilson's family, Moore police, and the OSBI are offering an $11,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. The OSBI hotline number is (800) 522-8017.

http://www.news9.com/story/27767042/...oore-cold-case
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Jeffrey Neilson, who had attended day-long classes, was ruled out as a suspect and no motive was ever established, Brown told FoxNews.com.

Eyewitnesses reported seeing an unknown white male near Neilsonís front door around the suspected time of the attack, Brown said. Police detected a single fingerprint and other forensic evidence at the scene but a positive match has never been made...

In 1994, Jeff Neilsonís family helped pass a state law to fund Oklahomaís first automated fingerprint identification system, enabling authorities to scan a database full of latent prints searching for matching characteristics. While authorities could not identify the fingerprint in the Neilson case, the system helped solve hundreds of violent crimes in Oklahoma.

Graduated from Moore in 1983. Vaguely remember some things about this case. I think the book didn't belong to the local cable company. I think the police at the time researched it heavily. It was probably used as a ruse or something to taunt or mislead the cops. Frank Duane Welch was convicted of using the same ruse in 1987 in neighboring town, Norman, OK. The crimes for which he was convicted involved bondage and strangulation. Tracy was stabbed. Welch had been fired from the local cable company and still had his uniform. I would think faking a uniform wouldn't be that difficult. Even just dressing up like a workman might have been effective. It should have been possible to identify what company was using this pad, but it could easily have been stolen. Can anyone read the trouble cause? Also, is it prenumbered at the top?

Are those three letters, Lou?
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

ďIt is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.Ē

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast