1592 users online (301 members and 1291 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    thank you, greymetal! this could be a real breakthrough!

I really hope so!

Doing some more research into it all today
    "If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

I have been checking in on this case every so often for years now. greymetal, the fact that you did all of this in such a short time is incredible. Really crossing my fingers that this could be be the answer.

Who would have known that the internet could be used for things OTHER than looking at funny pictures of cats

That website is excellent! Keep me updated if you find anything more about that. The grad date of that Jason seems to line up pretty good into the estimated age of our doe. I'm not too sure about any of those type of websites, they aren't too popular where I live, and due to social networking, I never had to worry about 'alumni' websites for when I graduated high school or my college! So best I leave that research to you as it seems like you know how to search them!

I have posted in subreddits for South Carolina and Myrtle Beach asking for people who attended any MB high schools between 1990 and 1995 to check their yearbooks to see if there is ANYONE around that age who looks like him. But to also check if there is a Jason that looks like him (probably should run on the assumption that he MIGHT have given a fake name)

I'll be online for the next 12 odd hours. Holidays, and the weather is terrible here. So I'll be consistently checking back here!

Just some new information from our wonderful new friend. Will continue to update:

"Doesn't remember a lot. Apparently he wasn't in a very good space at that time of his life.
    No pix...

I'm hoping to get him in touch with you if he is interested so he can share his insights directly with you.

The Jason I knew had wavy blond hair. The sketches make it look kind of curly or frizzy.

He was a cheerful guy and often in a good mood. He had happy eyes that looked like he was on the brink of sleep. Never as alert or sober as that computer generated pic.

That orange t-shirt computer pic looks nothing at all like the kid I knew.

Just my impression, that's all. If I had just gone by that center pic, I might not have given GD much more thought. It was the sketches that do it for me.
    M agrees with me.

Jason was a talkative & personable kid. I think he worked at McDs long enough to have made an impression on coworkers there. And then there's that manager he was with.

Not sure how to target McDonalds employees from 20 years back though..."

Going to post now to subreddits for Illinois and U of I.

I don't have an account right now, buut Facebook's new search is very advanced, and I'm pretty sure you can literally type in "People who worked at McDonalds in [location] in [year]", or some combination of those terms and then filter the search results

How can I post a picture on here? I have a new picture of Jason from 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by plunderphonica View Post
    How can I post a picture on here? I have a new picture of Jason from 1994.
    Click on reply to thread, you want the advanced option. You will see a globe with link, an envelope, another globe then a photo, click the photo to upload from computer, or under the post icons you'll see manage attachments, click that; then add files top right, browse for it then select upload; make sure you hit done in the bottom right corner.

I have just seen the photos.

I'll wait for plunder to upload them, as they are his photos.

But my heart stopped. I'm sure you are all going to feel the same..

That's not me in the pic btw. It's G.

Quote Originally Posted by greymetal View Post
    I have just seen the photos.

I'll wait for plunder to upload them, as they are his photos.

But my heart stopped. I'm sure you are all going to feel the same..
    Wow! This is the most promising lead I've seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by plunderphonica View Post
    That looks like our boy.

Is there any way we can have a DNA comparison? Does G know anything about his relatives, or at least his surname and approx date of birth so we can track them down?

We are working on that right now, shadowdancer.

I have just emailed G and am waiting to receive some more information. Will post as soon as I have it.

Also, please do not share Jason's photo around just yet. I am waiting for permission to do so, and I want to make sure that everyone is comfortable with this first.

Just made contact with G - Can't remember his surname, but is about to tell me details of how they first met.

Please don't share Jason's photo around just yet. I would like to get permission for us to post it post it elsewhere Thanks!

Also j123, do you mind if I use that composite you just created when I forward it on to people? It's very helpful!

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast