814 users online (90 members and 724 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Feel free, greymetal; I saw your post and then deleted it, but then when I started writing this reply I saw your comment to me Should I repost it, or would you prefer if I privately message it to you?

Sure thing! I would say repost it, we have permission to post them here
    "If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by plunderphonica View Post
    UM, WOW, this totally looks like the kid!

Do we know the exact location of the McDonalds he worked at? And the time frame? I think we could contact the owner of that McDonalds to see if they have records of a Jason.

Want to see how you all feel about this.

I want to update Imgur and Reddit with the photos that we now have. I have permission to do so by the owners of the photo. If we can bring as much attention to GD the second time, we may find out a bit more about this 'Jason', who he is, and whether or not he is our doe.

I am fearful though. What if this Jason is alive and we are sharing his photos around the internet?

Furthermore, what if this Jason is our doe, and one of his loved ones finds out that he is deceased from the internet?

What do you think?

I have to head offline for about an hour or so right now. I will return later, and judging on the opinions I receive, will go from there as to what I post and how I update.

Quote Originally Posted by greymetal View Post
    Want to see how you all feel about this.

I want to update Imgur and Reddit with the photos that we now have. I have permission to do so by the owners of the photo. If we can bring as much attention to GD the second time, we may find out a bit more about this 'Jason', who he is, and whether or not he is our doe.

I am fearful though. What if this Jason is alive and we are sharing his photos around the internet?

Furthermore, what if this Jason is our doe, and one of his loved ones finds out that he is deceased from the internet?

What do you think?

I have to head offline for about an hour or so right now. I will return later, and judging on the opinions I receive, will go from there as to what I post and how I update.
    I think you should do it. It's very unlikely that "if" this person is not Grateful Doe in the photo that they would be upset by you sharing a photo from their youth.

More than likely this would help crack the case, once and for all. If "G" really has a sense of who this kid was the thinks this could be him, this picture will pull all the piece together once it's gets out to the right people.

For example....maybe someone who was around U of I that summer remembers Jason's full name.

I think that, if this is Jason, any of Jason's loved ones who would be upset by discovering this information have been desperate to know where he is, and would ultimately be grateful for this closure after 20 (!!!) years. No matter who Grateful Doe is, it seems very unlikely that he's even registered on any missing persons networks, so I don't in the least think you'd be doing anything wrong.

I say post away! You've been doing really, really great work. I've been so excited since last night about this and I can't wait to see how this turns out.

The way I see it is that with this lead, the worst case scenario is that some old friends might be re-united.

Myrtle Beach is about 4 hours from Inman, SC, where Eric was headed. If this Jason was on 95 or in the Richmond area trying to get home to MB, hitching a ride to Inman really wouldn't put him much closer than he already was. Of course, he could have just heard South Carolina and assumed he'd end up close to MB.

I agree the drawing really does look like him. Wow.

Hi all,

http://imgur.com/gallery/vfXjr/new

Is the link to the Imgur post. Please feel free to comment or monitor what is said!

There really is such a discrepancy between the original cast/sketch and the new render of Grateful Doe. I actually kind of dislike those realistic ones, because the technology has come so far that they're creating images that could literally look like an actual human being who has walked this earth. The sketches on the other hand have an inherent inhuman quality about them which I think encourages people to think about the specific features and connect the dots in their head, rather than having it done for you in a relatively arbitrary way. That's not to say they're not still great, but I wonder if the old way isn't more effective?

Not that it has much bearing on the issue at hand. Thanks for the imgur post, grey. I'll be eagerly refreshing this page all night (and morning) again to see what happens

I think this is really it, after all these years and all this effort it's finally going to pay off.

thanks greymetal! You really made this happen

No way, I did nothing at all. I wouldn't have ANY of the information I had if it wasn't for everyone on this wonderful, wonderful community.

Furthermore, I thank Imgur and Reddit for all of this. And for the friends of this Jason for coming foward.

I was just the vessel. Nothing more to it than that.

Hi guys,

In receiving some messages, as well as noting the increased interest in this case... I just wanted to ensure that one thing is clear.

We are not POSITIVE that this Jason is our doe. We have not I.D'ed him yet. We have contacted relevant LE agencies and individuals to provide them with the information that we know. This lead is promising, but there is no 100% guarantee just yet!

I am in constant contact with the individuals who have supplied me with this information. They, and I, will know as soon as more comes from the case.

If there is someone claiming to have I.D'ed our doe - Please direct their messages to the mods. The only information you will get is from myself, or from the individuals who have been helping.

Lets be very careful, and take anything that happens from here on out very seriously. It is important to respect the privacy of all individuals involved in this case, and the case itself.

Now that I put them side-by-side, I actually see a major resemblance with the new render as well.

jason2.jpg

j123; You are AMAZING!

The photos you have been creating are so good! You have such talent.

I certainly agree with you too. The resemblance is there.

I can't stop looking at his face. He has such a warm face.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast