Warning: ad site redirect

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Just now I had an ad site, think it was something like: lemode-mzg. com hijack my bookmark for websleuths and immediately redirect me to their site. Beware!!!

Just now I had an ad site, think it was something like: lemode-mzg. com hijack my bookmark for websleuths and immediately redirect me to their site. Beware!!!

Had the same thing happen to me too, Linask!!

How to remedy it? Remove bookmarks?

Yep. Done with websleuths until this is fixed.

Had the same thing happen to me too, Linask!!

How to remedy it? Remove bookmarks?
My husband manually typed in the address, but then it did it again when I clicked on a thread, so I used the back button...

Very, very annoying.

I wonder if someone could alert a Mod or Admin here at WS????

Did that to me several times last night on the iPad. I had forgotten all about it until now. I shut my iPad off and it quit.

I got the very SAME thing, about 10 minutes ago!

Okay, I messaged Tricia and on Facebook about it, so hopefully we'll get some resolution. Looks like they hijacked Websleuths.

Thanks Guys, we are looking into this .Don't know what's going on but we will fix it as soon as possible.

I just got a heads up on this and am looking into it. In the meantime please be as specific as you can in your reports.

Thanks

Same thing just happened to me. I had no idea what was going on. I think it happened when I logged in; rather than Websleuths coming up, an ad website just like the one described above popped up. I exited as quickly as possible.

The site will vary from Good Housekeeping to Dr. Oz, but the URL is the same. Only happening on Websleuths, not my Facebook.

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry you are having this trouble.

What we need from you is to be as specific as possible.

Do you see any ads on Websleuths before you are taken to the other site.

We can't reproduce this problem so we need to narrow down in more detail what is happening.

If anyone can take a quick screen shot when it happens that will help.

Thank you. We are on top of it and hopefully the problem will be fixed quickly.

Tricia

I tried to make myself a guinea pig and closed my link to WS and reopened using the type in first portion of the site addy let Chrome autofill. No ad redirect. Then did the same using the bookmark provided on my google tab. No redirect.

I know it is helpful to Dave to know what browser you use, what sort of device, etc. So maybe he can narrow down under which specific circumstances it happens and why to some not others.

Yep, all's well on Chrome here so far.

Has not happened to me yet. I am on a mac using IE.

Was happening to me even with changing pages. I closed out, cleared my cache and it stopped. I'm on iPad.

It isn't fixed,I was just redirected to a women's health site. I'm on an iPad using safari.

image.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back