FL FL - Keisha Murray, 34, Jacksonville, 7 July 2013

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
KeishaMurray_zps3c594f8d.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/news/mad-dads-walk-for-unsolved-murders/30514640

The group MAD DADS hopes 2015 will be the year the code of silence is broken, and dozens of unsolved murders in Jacksonville will be solved... That's why the group joined family members of those murder victims and knocked on doors in one Northwest Jacksonville neighborhood.

"It hurts." That's how Tequila Murray describes the year and a half since her sister, Keisha Murray, was found dead under a tree at Restlawn Cemetery. What makes it worse, Tequila Murray says, is that police still haven't found the person who killed the mother of five.

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/womans-body-discovered-restlawn-cemetery/nYf9L/#__federated=1

Police found the body of 34-year-old Keisha E. Murray under a tree in the Restlawn Memorial Park cemetery on the Northside. The cause of death has still not been released, although police believe the body may have been dumped there not long before it was found. Her death is being investigated as a murder, according to police.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/mom-of-woman-whose-body-dumped-at-cemetery-speaks/20939224

Murray had a difficult past. She'd been arrested several times for cocaine, burglary, forgery and battery. But her mom says she was working to get her life back on track. "There's no such thing as a perfect person," she said. "My daughter was a human being. She was trying to get her life together."

No matter what her past is, her mom says no one deserves to be left like her daughter was. She also says she has no idea who would do that to her.

upload_2020-7-20_14-3-31.png
Keisha Murray - Project: Cold Case

February 4, 2019 | By Paolo Cesar

This story is part of a collaborative project between Project: Cold Case and a University of North Florida Journalism class.

Keisha Murray lost her life to an unknown assailant July 7, 2013. For her family, especially her sisters Julia Clover and Ericka, their entire family fell apart.

According to Julia, when police discovered Keisha in the cemetery on 2600 Ribault Scenic Drive, her body had been set against a tree and bathed, with no traces of the murderer. Julia considers it one last act of compassion and decency on the part of the killer, despite the pain her family still feels after that day.

Julia slowed to gather her thoughts as she recounted life with Keisha before losing her sister. She said that until fifteen years ago, Keisha was “the life of the party” and a beloved sister and mother. If she had survived, she would be a grandmother now. “She had a great sense of humor, always said the goofiest things,” Ericka said about Keisha. “You could always get a smile on your face thanks to her.”

This changed with her meeting a new group of friends, whom Julia stated had started Keisha’s slow downward spiral.

“She was always too trusting,” Ericka said. “She always thought that anybody who smiled at her meant they wanted to be friends. But that was just who she was.”

Julia said that after that, Keisha received a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

Julia’s family ultimately scattered two years after the homicide. Her mother, in particular, suffered the worst from Keisha’s death. According to Julia, she had starved herself for three months and dropped from 175 pounds to 80 pounds, a severe enough condition for a hospital stay and a long road toward healing. Julia herself has been working constantly to keep Keisha’s case open, calling private investigators and law enforcement for any new leads and keeping it from going cold. This dedication has also prompted Julia to keep going in her law enforcement education, all to find more to close her sister’s case and to prove her murderer wrong.

“Julia, you’re the one pursuing a career in law enforcement, so I’m leaving it up to you to find the one who killed our sister,” Julia quoted her sister Paula as saying. According to her, this was the “fire under the pan” for her and her sisters to get going.

Julia also noted that of Keisha’s new friends, two of them, both women, were also found murdered two months after Keisha’s homicide. Coupled with losing an aunt in the family, Julia felt more motivation to find every lead possible.

Keisha was left for dead against a tree in a cemetery. Julia wants nothing more than to show the murderer that Keisha hasn’t been forgotten. To her, the weight of Keisha’s life, of being a sister, mother, and grandmother, should never be something to shrug off.

“I’ve exhausted all avenues, but I’m still hoping for the day my family can finally face the murderer in court,” Julia said. “We may not ever find closure, but we could at least find justice.”

She had 5 children.

Local group helps Jax teen left homeless after her mother's murder

Published: 7:29 AM EDT March 19, 2018

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- On any given day in Jacksonville, there are 350 children left homeless. They end up on the streets for various reasons. Some of them are dealing with loss.

Rakeisha Murray became homeless after her mother was murdered in 2013. She turned to Daniel Kids, a safe haven that she says saves lives.

On July 7, 2013, the body of 34-year-old Keisha Murray was spotted in plain view under a tree at Restlawn Memorial Park Cemetery. The mother of five was murdered and her killer is still at large.

"My little sisters, they don't really remember her much so it doesn't really affect them at all,” Rakeisha Murray said. “My brother, he took it really hard. My [older] sister, she has her own method of coping with it. She's not a very emotional person."

Murray who is now 19 years old lost her mother at age 15 and by 16 she was on her own.

“She was one of the most loving people in my life and I lost that,” Murray said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back