Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 19 - Shortest Court Day, EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please continue posting here:

:gathering:

Let's not forget today that this thread is for discussions on the tweets from court and anything related. A little personal chit chat is fine but other personal discussions should be moved over to the Sidebar. This will make it easier for those who have to work today to come in after court and catch up.

Thanks, Lambchop

[ This is from a very long article, linked upthread. I pasted a few of the key points, which will apparently be dealt with today, hopefully, in court: ]

CBS 5 reports the newest motion to compel from the defense is asking the prosecution to hand over reports from the Mesa Police after they initially investigated the computer of the murder victim Travis Alexander. The computer of Travis Alexander has taken center stage in this sentencing phase as a key strategy to stall and delay from the Jodi Arias defense. They are doing everything they can to get this jury to hear that Travis Alexander watched *advertiser censored*.

The defendant then asks that the court compel the State to turn over those reports stating that according to Arizona Rules of Criminal Procedure Rule 15.1, failure to do so is a Brady violation. The defense is also saying, not only should this evidence be turned over to us, but we believe that sanctions should be applied to those responsible for this grievance, and that Jodi should be freed from jail immediately.

Jodi is trying to suggest that had she not been “smart enough” to self-represent, it may never have been discovered that Evidence #390633 had been tampered with. But that’s not how her tweet is coming off to the public. Instead to many it is sounding like, “Has anybody realized that there would be no issue of tampering and misconduct if Jodi hadn't self-represented herself so she could obtain evidence and possibly tamper with it?”

Now the new defense motion to compel wants the judge to compel Mesa Police to hand over reports that everybody knows the defense likely already reviewed in 2008. It's looking a lot like the, "Okay we know we don't have any evidence so now let's revisit yours and see what we can tear apart with that" technique.

Will Jodi's charges be dismissed under these alleged Brady violations? The judge will need to find that they are indeed Brady violations, which means that it is found this evidence is exculpatory. In other words the judge needs to find that if the 2013 jury heard this evidence, they would have found Jodi to be “not guilty” of first degree murder with aggravated cruelty.

With death on the line, this is either a desperate last minute attempt to save Jodi's life, or just another eleventh hour delay tactic. Either way, succeeding with this motion is a seriously uphill battle for the defense. The aggravating factors that made Jodi eligible for the death penalty were cruelty.

http://www.examiner.com/article/jod...otion-nobody-gasps-did-jodi-implicate-herself

Not a lawyer, but common sense seems to tell me the defense team might be frustrating Juan and delaying this trial, and this is going to end up and bite them in the azz. At least I hope it does.

And a Good Morning to all. I will be skimming through via tapatalk at work. It's the best I can do until tonight.

The Defense could have completed this case in December and 'forced' the jurors to reach a verdict right before Christmas. Twelve jurors are not going to sentence a relatively young woman to death right before the holidays--that's just plain horse sense! I wonder what devilish scheme Arias' gang have cooked up for this month. Their strategy = delays + drama + hostile witnesses. Poor Juan has to deal with motions that have nothing to do with this penalty phase. I'd like to see some of his fieriness again. It works well for him.

Good Morning All
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
So we are back...same time same station...11:30...EST
correct?

here we go...

I dedicated my "winter break" to family and dear friends and keeping up with the thread when possible. I put JA and her shenanigans out of my mind for the most part. I'm re-fueled and ready for Juan to cross Dr. Geffner.

After watching ALV on the video posted on the last thread, I thought about how similar his hemming and hawing have been. IMHO, Juan should have no worries about the jury remembering what was said prior to the break. Both non-secret witnesses have sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher. It's been a cacophony of the defense's version of what constitutes abuse. Nurmi might try and drag it out some more, but it will remind the jury how badly the defense is doing with the umpteenth accusation that poor JA was a victim of the malicious TA.

Juan's turn is coming and as we all know, it will be spectacular. As with the ALV time-out, the cross will bring out the mumbling and stuttering on the part of Dr. Geffner.

Looking forward to seeing all of us back together for the Tweet-a-Thon!

Not a lawyer, but common sense seems to tell me the defense team might be frustrating Juan and delaying this trial, and this is going to end up and bite them in the azz. At least I hope it does.

And a Good Morning to all. I will be skimming through via tapatalk at work. It's the best I can do until tonight.

I figure it's more a case of "I know I planted some *advertiser censored* there. I just need someone to find it if they can or at least replant some if they can't. This is so illegal my lawyers won't even go along with it, so I'll represent myself so I can get this friend of mine to do it."

Can't wait! Is it true that today is the only day scheduled for this week?

I'm getting a bad feeling that this week will be taken up with motions, computer nonsense, etc. and that there will be no jury whatsoever. Hope I am wrong.

Jodi Arias/defense files another motion requesting all forensic reports by anyone related to Mesa PD who has worked on Travis Alexander's laptop.

While reading her latest motion, I knew immediately that something really stinks here. And not just her :butthead:

ALV testified that JA told her that she walked in on TA who was on the COMPUTER pleasuring himself to child *advertiser censored*.
Now that was a big contradiction, because JA had already testified that those images were laid out on the bed. She then admitted to JM that there was only one picture, of a little boy in his underwear.

When JM reminded her what JA's story was, ALV quickly changed her story to she just assumed it was on the computer, and they were not JA's words.

So back in 2013, JA and her defense KNEW there was no *advertiser censored* on Travis's computer, that's why Jodi went with paper pictures. So what has changed since her trial last year??? For one thing Jodi became pro se and hires an PI. The PI gets the hard drive from the evidence.

1. PI, Tony, BN or "secret person" planted *advertiser censored*
2. Jodi remembers that Travis evicted roommate Thomas Brown for looking at *advertiser censored* on his computer. TA takes his computer to a friend to have him delete the *advertiser censored* that TB put on his computer.

So Jodi KNOWS for a fact that there was actually *advertiser censored* deleted from TA's computer and she's trying to show that it was TA that looked at it.

Why all of the sudden is the computer *advertiser censored* so dang Important??

Good Morning all. Back to work and will be checking in throughout the day. Let's get this retrial rolling. I hope the jurors can remember why they are present after hearing all this nonsense from the paid experts.

Is looking at *advertiser censored* - just looking - worse than slaughtering a person? Hmmm, I don't think so.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

:drumroll: And Happy New Year !

So looking forward to getting this show on the road today, but am prepared for the expected delays and frivolous motions by Nurmi.

Oh, will JSS finally release the Transcrpt of CMJA's super secret mystery witness testipony ?

I will be available to cover WATs tweets today !

:seeya:

Goodness me, did the defence really request JA be released from jail immediately following their Brady violation allegations?? Can you just imagine? If, by her own admission, she is capable of killing TA three times over and he, being someone she professed to love. Can you imagine what she would potentially do to Juan Martinez and every other individual who dared speak up against her *shudder*.

If there was anything remotely untoward on TA's computer, it would of been found a long time before today. This, IMO, is nothing more than delay tactics by the defence. Judge Sherry Stephens needs to get a little tougher imo! smh!

Everyone, take some aspirin - this may be another frustrating, teeth grinding day!!!!

Off to work!!!

Goodness me, did the defence really request JA be released from jail immediately following their Brady violation allegations?? Can you just imagine? If, by her own admission, she is capable of killing TA three times over and he, being someone she professed to love. Can you imagine what she would potentially do to Juan Martinez and every other individual who dared speak up against her *shudder*.
If there was anything remotely untoward on TA's computer, it would of been found a long time before today. This, IMO, is nothing more than delay tactics by the defence. Judge Sherry Stephens needs to get a little tougher imo! smh!

Juan Martinez, Detective Flores, Dr. Demarte, The Hughes, Mimi, Lisa, Deanna... :scared:

giant coffee cup.jpg

I agree about it being an aspirin-inducing day. Here's something to wash it down with.

Well, if Mr. Martinez gets a turn at bat, at least THAT will be JUANDERFUL! :juanettes:

Lamb Chop, can I thank you here for the work you do? I noticed that some insertion errors I had made (due to ipad issues and being new to the forum) had been sorted by your magic wand. You did it quietly, helpfully and made it all neat. This forum always looks sharp, professional because of work like this. Many thanks from a newbie. I'll try to get it right more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23