1368 users online (309 members and 1059 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

AR - Kristin Laurite, 25, found murdered, Morrillton, 24 Aug 2000

Investigators have used DNA evidence to link a Montana man already serving a life sentence to the rape and murder of a Scotch Plains woman at an Arkansas rest stop nearly five years ago, authorities said yesterday.

DNA detected on the body of Kristin Laurite, who was found stabbed to death in August 2000 along Interstate 40, was matched to DNA from the prisoner, Ronald James Ward, 38, said Sheriff Mark Flowers, of Conway County, Ark.

Laurite, who would have turned 30 this year, was alone and making a cross-country move from New Jersey to California when she pulled off the highway northwest of Little Rock to walk her two dogs.

Authorities also have linked him to at least two other homicides in California that same year, one involving a homeless woman, the other a disabled woman.

Ward was not a suspect before the DNA match and has not been charged with Laurite's death, Flowers said. The sheriff said there's no rush to complete the investigation.

"It ain't like he's walking the streets," he said. http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey...l=1&thispage=2
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Thank goodness for DNA. Blessings to families that have worried so much and to victims who have roamed wondering if anyone would get it.

Bruce, Jon, Whitney, and I have something in common
    http://missoulian.com/news/local/mon...a4bcf887a.html

Whatever killed him, I hope it was painful.

RIP Kristin

According to the news release, Ward’s death was “unexpected” and an autopsy will be performed by the state medical examiner.
    http://missoulian.com/news/local/mon...a4bcf887a.html

Kristin Laurite Website

------

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK