759 users online (173 members and 586 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Maybe I missed this on the thread-did you guys send this to the ME? They can do skull imaging. The full on face shots would be good for that. I had a case in GA where we sent pictures of our missing person and the ME did the imaging from the skull of the Jane Doe. I had another case where we took some John Doe pics that were on the www and had them compared at Quantico to a missing child we were searching for.

Dont get stuck on finding supporting documentation when you have a lead as hot as this. My
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

That looks JUST like Grateful Doe

Quote Originally Posted by jbluesky View Post
    So, in going back and reading old threads, I came across a post in the thread "What are your theories" from "Zapped" in May 2013. Which would fit the new leads. If somebody already mentioned this, then I apologize. Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing the "quoting" thing right. Sorry...
    Nice find!!! Definitely worth pursuing. I hope someone can contact her, she needs to see these new pictures.

I remember him because he actually saved our lives. I was falling asleep behind the wheel and my friend didnt have a license. I actually dozed off and ran off the road a number of times before this guy talked me into letting him drive.
    I it turns out to have been Jason this would make his death all the more heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by jbluesky View Post
    So, in going back and reading old threads, I came across a post in the thread "What are your theories" from "Zapped" in May 2013. Which would fit the new leads. If somebody already mentioned this, then I apologize. Also, I'm not sure if I'm doing the "quoting" thing right. Sorry...
    Wow. That pretty much coincides of what we know of Illinois Jason from the pics. Sounds likes it's likely she met him as well.

I have to say that as we hear more about this man's travels and the people he met, seeing his smile, it makes me hope he's alive and well. But at the same time, I want Grateful Doe to be brought home. It's such a conflicting feeling and I wasn't expecting that. I felt I would feel happy as we found out more clues, but it's making me sad.

If it turns out that Jason is the GD, then we have even more reason to feel good about what was done for him. If he gets his identity back, that is one thing. But by putting the pieces together and threading different memories of him with stories doesn't just help bring his name back, it brings him to life in our hearts and minds. And that my friend is something very special, especially if turns out that he really never had anyone special he left behind. YKWIM?

"Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here" - the GDead
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    If it turns out that Jason is the GD, then we have even more reason to feel good about what was done for him. If he gets his identity back, that is one thing. But by putting the pieces together and threading different memories of him with stories doesn't just help bring his name back, it brings him to life in our hearts and minds. And that my friend is something very special, especially if turns out that he really never had anyone special he left behind. YKWIM?

"Such a long long time to be gone and a short time to be here" - the GDead
    So very true.

I tweeted the new picture and asked the band Phish to retweet but I'm sure they don't manage their own account I'm sure an intern does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Dear EVERYONE,

OMG. I AM SPEECHLESS. THIS IS AMAZING WORK. YES I AM YELLING BECAUSE YOUR WORK IS BEYOND INCREDIBLE.

The hard work you all are doing for a family hurting for their lost loved one is very commendable.

Please forgive me if I missed it but how do you find out if your match is our GD? What is the next step.

Again, I probably missed it. I was reading so fast because I was so excited.

If this turns out to be GD I will send out a press release. I'm sure media people will want to talk to the members who worked on the case.

Please keep me posted. If you need anything that Websleuths can help you with email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I am going to tweet this thread out and post a link to it in our "Notices" section. That is at the top of every page. Right now it asks people to check out the missing forum.

Also, no matter what happens, I would like to interview one or two of you on my radio show. Any takers?

THANK YOU,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Everyone,

There has got to be something as co-owner of Websleuths that I can do to help. Email me and tell me how I can help . triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I will help you any way I can.

Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Quote Originally Posted by averagemommy View Post
    I tweeted the new picture and asked the band Phish to retweet but I'm sure they don't manage their own account I'm sure an intern does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think tapping the Phish community would be a very good idea. All of my deadhead friends who were GD's age in 1995 were also huge Phish fans. It was the old-school deadhead that rejected Phish in the mid-90's. Additionally, coloring his hair red was not an old-school deadhead thing to do. It reflected his alt rock generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Everyone,

There has got to be something as co-owner of Websleuths that I can do to help. Email me and tell me how I can help . triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I will help you any way I can.

Tricia
    Thank you, Tricia! I alerted Greymetal to your post since she is the one who "broke" the story. I'm sure she will have some ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by GDFamily View Post
    One last question
    What arm was GDs tat on? He is smoking with his left arm. Meaning he's left handed. Most get tats on their dominant hand.
    Also he had a yellow lighter and was smoking in the new updated pic.
    Sorry to disagree, but some people don't smoke with their dominant hand. Most of the people I know who smoke while they drive smoke lefty, no matter what handed they are, just because of the window. I also know at least one righty who smokes lefty because she just can't manage to use a lighter with her left hand. (She is possibly the world's worst smoker.)

His tattoo could also be on his left arm either way. It especially could be on his left arm (and he be righty) if he inked it himself. It looks remarkably similar to a heart tattoo a friend of mine gave herself at 14, both in poor line quality and uneven color tone.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

I wonder if there is a way, without endangering the integrity of any such program, obviously, to get the word out to AA/NA groups in places he is suspected of living. His friends would likely be around 40 right now. Kids, jobs, sobering up if that was their scene. If his acquaintances/friends were heavy into the chemical aspect of following the dead, they may not have been in a place to miss him then and may have withdrawn from ties to the Dead and many of the social media avenues linked to jam bands.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

I was looking at GD's profile on Namus, and the ME had his height at 68 in which is 5'6". Has anyone checked the others in the pics for heights to compare to see if it is comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by Melissah12 View Post
    I was looking at GD's profile on Namus, and the ME had his height at 68 in which is 5'6". Has anyone checked the others in the pics for heights to compare to see if it is comparable?
    He definitely looks quite a bit shorter than those in the picture with him. Unless all are abnormally tall it would make sense that "Jason" is on the shorter side. His hands look disproportionate to his forearms, very large.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast