1000 users online (154 members and 846 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    59
    I know this will sound crazy to most of you, but I have recently (within this past year especially) been able to pick up on spirits around me. I also have been having this weird flash I get every once in a while of being in a car accident. A sudden strike to the head. I can never sense what exactly I hit and it comes out of nowhere. This used to freak me out, as I felt like it was a premonition as to how I will go. These past few months, I've been feeling a weird "touching sensation" on my arm, hair, etc. Like someone is trying to get my attention. I had a strange experience in my sleep on new year's eve. The next day I called a psychic/medium who I have had a reading done by in the past. First thing she said to me was "did you lose a boyfriend, late teens/early 20s at some point? Or a brother? I keep getting this sense of a young man who passed on around you, trying to get your attention". I was at a loss, as I never lost anyone close to me that this would fit. 3 days later, I came across the imgur post shared on facebook. Ever since then I've been sucked in. Crazy part is I just put it together with what she told me yesterday....

    anyway, last night I meditated asked Jason to guide me somehow, to give me some sort of obvious clue... SOMETHING.. I haven't received anything just yet, except that right before I went to lunch a news station employee randomly came to my office to interview my boss about something non-related. While she waited to see my boss, I asked if she heard of this case. I told her about it and she is interested in doing a story... I am going to send her more info on it....

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,241
    I have had heard from David Lohr, the author of The Huffington Post article. We have a direct line to him on this now, so, I guess we are in a wait and see regarding the Aunt contact. I am not letting this sit long though, just in case the Aunt is not legit, we need to keep the social media push going.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,944
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Jbluesky, I was hoping there was someone local who could check libraries for yearbooks!! I have some free time today and was going to make some calls and see what might be available. I will update here if I find out anything. Also, has anyone else checked on Ancestry.com? I know they have different yearbooks available than classmates. I have not renewed my subscription yet, but am thinking now might be the time. If I am going to check there, are Horry and Charleston counties the main ones to start with? Any high schools that would be most likely? Keep up the great work, guys!!! I just saw that he is featured on the highlighted bar at the top of the page
    I was just looking on Ancestry.com and had no luck finding any Horry County School yearbooks, didn't have much time though. Are Charleston schools also a possibility? I should be able to spend more time on it later.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I was just looking on Ancestry.com and had no luck finding any Horry County School yearbooks, didn't have much time though. Are Charleston schools also a possibility? I should be able to spend more time on it later.
    Hey Neesaki! . I have made a post with some of the Charleston high schools a few posts up from here (ones held at the charleston library.) If you see any of them for the 90's on ancestry, let me know and I will go ahead and renew my subscription and look with you!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    59
    Has anyone tried contacting any Caroline's in the Conway, SC area? with 914 being a prefix in Conway (just outside Myrtle Beach.. some even consider it Myrtle Beach depending on which part they are referring to)... or like how my parents live in Surfside, but if they were out of town, they would tell people they were from Myrtle Beach, because Myrtle Beach is more well-known and borders it. I thought it might be worth persuing. I thought I saw someone post somewhere at some point about having contacted some. I don't know what area they contacted them from. If SC was not covered, I could give it a whirl... I just don't want to bother someone who has already be contacted.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Jbluesky, I was hoping there was someone local who could check libraries for yearbooks!! I have some free time today and was going to make some calls and see what might be available. I will update here if I find out anything. Also, has anyone else checked on Ancestry.com? I know they have different yearbooks available than classmates. I have not renewed my subscription yet, but am thinking now might be the time. If I am going to check there, are Horry and Charleston counties the main ones to start with? Any high schools that would be most likely? Keep up the great work, guys!!! I just saw that he is featured on the highlighted bar at the top of the page
    Horry County and Georgetown County would be the ones I would search. Most likely high schools in Horry would be: Socastee or Waccamaw

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    jbluesky or any other locals who may have time to look at old yearbooks, the Charleston library on Calhoun street seems to have a great many high school ones in our time frame (1990-1994?) I spoke to the woman in the SC History room on the phone and she was super helpful. Here is a partial list of what she gave me:
    (Apologies if any were noted incorrectly!)
    Baptist Hill 1990-1992, 1995
    Dorchester 1993+
    Gordon H. Garrett 1989-1993
    Middleton 1990 and 1995
    N. Charleston 1990-1991 and 1993-1995
    Herbie?/arby? Stall 1992
    st Andrews high 1991-1992, 1994+
    Summerville 1992-1993

    The Horry county library in Conway did not have any, but mentioned that the high schools themselves might. The librarian said the three main high schools would probably be:
    Conway. High
    Carolina Forrest
    Myrtle Beach High

    I hope this is of help.. I would love to do this task, but unfortunately am not near there. Or hopefully (!!!!) one of the new leads will pan out and nobody has to go looking at all
    Charleston is a good hour and a half drive from me. If all resources here are exhausted and still nothing pans out, then I could attempt a day trip there if need be

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,944
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    Hey Neesaki! . I have made a post with some of the Charleston high schools a few posts up from here (ones held at the charleston library.) If you see any of them for the 90's on ancestry, let me know and I will go ahead and renew my subscription and look with you!
    Searched Ancestry again and found nothing for any of the schools in the area during that time period. Frustrating, oh well.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    122
    What about searching on classmates?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    28
    Just an FYI for anyone who's been in contact with media or waiting for them to call back in Myrtle Beach ... especially jbluesky. As I'm sure you've seen over the last 2 days a Horry County fireman was killed off duty in a motorcycle accident. This will more then likely be the main story with all area media outlets now through the weekend, his funeral is Saturday. I know everyone's on edge and excited to get things moving so I didn't want anyone getting frustrated or upset with the media.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by iziguzag View Post
    Just an FYI for anyone who's been in contact with media or waiting for them to call back in Myrtle Beach ... especially jbluesky. As I'm sure you've seen over the last 2 days a Horry County fireman was killed off duty in a motorcycle accident. This will more then likely be the main story with all area media outlets now through the weekend, his funeral is Saturday. I know everyone's on edge and excited to get things moving so I didn't want anyone getting frustrated or upset with the media.
    Terrible

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    96
    Hi everyone!

    As always, sorry for my 'late to the party' ness on all of this! To clear up confusion, my work days tend to be about 12 hours (factoring in traffic too). As soon as I get home I'm on the computer and straight on to WS to get things sorted out. I try to access it at work on my phone but it is so difficult! I'm thinking about asking IT to give me clearance on WS to use it on my lunch break on my computer

    On to the thread; I was hoping that I would be able to consistently edit my original post, but with your answers, it doesn't look like I am able to.

    The next best thing is just ensuring that everybody read through this read to know what others are doing before they do it. That makes it clear that we don't double up, and start accidently contacting the same agencies more than once a day or so.

    Does anybody else have an idea for how we can organise this? Would love to hear suggestions, my brain is almost totally fried so I'm not as good with suggesting fixes as I usually am! (which isn't very good anyway .

    Will be replying to all other threads or so in the next few hours.

    Love to all.
    "If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

    Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    122
    Maybe a Google docs checklist? I could create one but not today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    96
    That's a great idea mommy!

    I have no idea how to work them, so leaving that in the hands of anyone who knows how and has the time
    "If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

    Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by greymetal View Post
    That's a great idea mommy!

    I have no idea how to work them, so leaving that in the hands of anyone who knows how and has the time
    We could also create a sticky post that one of us edits. I don't have time for that though. Single mom working 50 hrs a week

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NY - Serpico: corruption fighter still on-task
    By wfgodot in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 12:06 AM

Tags for this Thread