Identified! MS - Pascagoula, WhtFem Child 45UFMS "Delta Dawn", 1-3, Dog River @I-10, Dec'82 - Alisha Heinrich

I don't like those sketches. The sketch on the left looks nothing like the one on the right. There is a photo in the middle, I wonder where they got that? The sketch on the right more closely resembles the photo than the sketch on the left, IMO. It is a shame they haven't been unable to identify her. In the 22 years since she has been found, you would think that some relative would report that she hadn't been seen. She was a cute lil darlin'.

I was under the impression that the "photo" in the middle, was actually a sketch also....
It's sad that this child has gone unidentified for this many years ! Someone has to miss her !!

My gosh! How do you just toss a child out the window like she was garbage? That's a shame this case is unsolved and that no one ever came forward to claim this precious baby. It makes me wonder if the mother might not have been murdered too or maybe she's the murderer. I just can't believe no one else ever reported her missing. It's like no one even knew she existed.

She could be from anywhere considering where she was found. The area is an easy, possibly, short drive from the New Orleans area, Mobile, Florida, or any part of MS.

It seems strange that the baby was wearing something completely different from what she was reportedly seen wearing.

Is it possible that they were hit, in the dark, and the person just drove off? It seems like they could have accidentally, even unknowingly, been knocked off the bridge.

If both mom and baby are missing all this time, that's more believable that no one really knows what happened, than if just the baby went missing. If this mom was a transient type her family may not even know she had a baby.

Sure is a sad story, and a sad way to go, so anonymously.

Baby Girl, 2, located 5 Dec 1982, MS

Unidentified White Female
Located on December 5, 1982 in Escatawpa, Jackson County, Mississippi.
Cause of death was homicide

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 2 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 2'6" - 76 cm; 20 - 25 lbs - 11 kg.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Strawberry blonde hair; either brown or blue eyes, due to the cloudiness of the eyes.
Dentals: 12 baby teeth had grown in at the time of her death.
Clothing: The victim was discovered wearing a Cradle Togs' pink and white dress which buttoned in the back and a disposable diaper.

Case History
The victim was located in the Dog River, beneath the westbound lane of I-10 in Pascagoula, MS, on December 5, 1982. She was apparently thrown off the Interstate 10 bridge 36 - 48 hours prior to discovery.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this child's identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact: Jackson County Sheriff's Department Capt. Mick Sears 228-769-3063

Agency Case Number: 82-21094

Source Information:

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
doenetwork.org

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/

Okay, so the truck driver (in the linked newspaper articles) says he spotted a body in the river of an adult wearing a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans. The police discover the body of a baby 10 miles away wearing red plaid. They search and search for the adult body, who they assume is the baby's mother, and they never find her.

Where did she go?

Somebody suggested the mother and child were hit by a car, but I still don't understand why the bodies would be so separated. And I can't figure out why they would search extensively for the body the trucker said he saw, but never find it.

I wonder if the child's mother was a runaway who maybe was pregnant when she ran away, and that is why nobody is looking for the child. They don't know she existed.

That trucker knew an awful lot about a submerged body under a bridge he was crossing - right down to the shirt and the pants it was wearing. How can you cross a bridge, spot a body possibly caught on a piling, slow down, focus in, plainly see it and an ice chest from a semi? And, then, BAM, the body disappears? That sounds like a really strange story.

Also, wonder how hard they worked on finding that pick-up truck she refused to get into? Maybe she was running from someone and that someone was in that truck.

LButler said:
I've looked at this before and always assumed the woman's body was recovered as well. Appears not to be so.
hi

I feel the answers will be in the trucking community.I feel they were both abducted.I believe the trucker witnessed a womans body further down.I feel they dragged the river in the wrong place.

The newspaper article said Hammond told him he saw the body 1,000 feet west of "steel grates"on the big bridge between the spands.
gussberry said he assumed this to mean 1,000 feet west of the east Pascagoula River and dragging operations would be concentrated in that area.
If the body reported by Hammond is the mother of the baby,how did they get seperated by 10 miles or more.

suzanne

I don't know if this has been posted before and I am not sure how to link the actual page if someone wants to help me out.
The little girl was about 2yrs old was found floating in the river along with a woman who was presumed to be the mother, although neither have been identified and law enforcement will not perform DNA test to determine it one way or the other. To me, this case seems solvable.

It is hard to believe that someone has not reported that a mother and child went missing. They have to be missed by someone!! I remember another case on the doe network where a woman's torso was foud in only her nightgown and a child was found a few days later. I can't find it now, I am hoping that maybe it was solved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back