ME ME - Aisha Dickson, 8 mos, Bangor, 6 January 1995

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
30fead9c-607b-4876-ba72-4974a2ad31c2_zpsbc6a497f.jpg

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/01/...angor-babys-death-is-unsolved-20-years-later/

Aisha Mariah Dickson was just 8 months old when she died on Jan. 6, 1995, after someone broke nearly every bone in her 11-pound body.

At the time, her parents, Sarah Johnson and DeShawn Dickson, and grandmother June Johnson denied knowing anything about her death. They had been living together at an apartment in Bangor.

Twenty years later, no one has been charged in connection with the brutal homicide, which Bangor police say remains under investigation, despite the passage of time. “This is not an evidence-based case — it’s a people case,” Bangor police Sgt. Tim Cotton said Monday. “It’s a case where somebody needs to talk to us.”

http://archive.bangordailynews.com/2006/01/13/babys-killer-still-out-there/

With only the three adults in the home and no one talking, police were left with little to work with...

Aisha’s grandmother moved back to her native Honduras shortly after Aisha’s death. Her mother, Sarah Johnson, and father, DeShawn Dickson, left for Lewiston not long after and remain there today. The couple went on to have two more children. The state took custody of both children and they were adopted.

So.. three people at the crime scene:
The Grandmother (now deceased) - took medication for a life-long mental illness, claimed she did not know anything.
The Father- Deshawn Dickinson
The Mother - Could not explain how she did not see Aisha's injuries - some of which the medical examiner claimed to have occurred when Aisha was 2 months old. Mother also claimed she was afraid of Deshawn Dickinson.

The parents are suspects, but both lawyered up to avoid having the finger pointed at them.
Both parents moved to Lewistone after Aisha's death and had two more children who the state took from them.
I'm not sure why they had their kids taken from them but I have read that they were banned from residing in any homes with children under a Department of Human Services Order.

Apparently, there was a BDN report, However, I'm unable to access this (I am in the UK).

I can't access much from the UK but it would be good to know why their other children were taken from them and I also think the police need to look over the transcripts with the parents again.

Last edited:
Brian Stormann - a former friend of the parents said that Deshaw (the father) confessed in the hospital room shortly after his daughter passed away.

Shirley Stormann Melancon - said that Aisha's mother sent her a text on Christmas saying that Aisha's father was living in Texas with another woman.

There must be a reason Aisha's mother claimed to be scared of Deshaw - can anyone get any more information on this case or his background?

Did I read that correct?, there were only 3 people present at the time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back