903 users online (94 members and 809 guests)  

Websleuths News

ID - Boise police looking for registered violent sex offender

Law enforcement officials are searching for a registered violent sex offender in Boise who apparently cut off his GPS monitoring bracelet and abandoned his residence.

William Gilbert Lightner, 43, had served time for lewd conduct with a minor under 16. Lightner is 6 feet tall, 165 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. Officials believe he is driving a red 1996 Suzuki with an Idaho license plate of 1A W7722.
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/p...WS01/507240338
    photo of suspect at link
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The "violent sexual predator" who cut off his tracking bracelet and apparently left town last weekend was paroled in 2004 after serving about half of a 20-year sentence for molesting a 12-year-old girl.

William Gilbert Lightner, 43, is one of the 31 registered sex offenders in Idaho — including 10 in the Boise area — classified as "violent sexual predators." That means a state commission has determined he has a history of sex offenses and is at high risk of committing another sexual offense.

Police are searching for Lightner on a warrant for parole violation; he is not currently accused of any sex offenses.

"The commission knew everything about Mr. Lightner," Craven said. "We felt he had a good program to go to."

"Had he not cut off his (GPS) unit, there wouldn't be an arrest," Lewis said.
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/p...WS01/507260328
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    So, Idaho's got 31 level 3s then. I wonder how that compares to most states.