932 users online (179 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Has the ME been contacted?

yes!

i keep seeing this question pop up and it seems like a very important next step. So i made this thread just to clear it up:

has anyone contacted the me with the current jason from sc lead?

just wanted to figure this out finally so we know if this needs to be done still or not!
    Last edited by j123; 01-07-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Yes! I believe a few people have. I asked this yesterday and it's lost somewhere in the shuffle of these threads. I will see if I can't find the posts for you

I have sent an email with links to all of the information being posted (specifically a greymetal post on this site outlining everything in one spot) to ME listed for this case on The Doe Network. If I hear back, I will update. I'm really just an interested lurker on all of this, but figured I could do that much just on the off chance that no one has, yet. Hope it wasn't stepping on any toes! I figured the authorities can do with it what they will. If it doesn't turn out to be Grateful Doe, perhaps it will be of help to some other outstanding case.

I want to add that I think everything everyone is doing for this is absolutely amazing. Great work!

Thank you mc2!!!!!

No problem at all. I have been so impressed with everyone's dedication to this case. I first heard of it years ago but, like many things do, it slipped to the back of my mind over the years. Greymetal's initial post on Imgur re-sparked the interest and I am happy to help in any small way possible. I am certain the poor guy has been overwhelmed by messages regarding this in the past few days, but you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    I have sent an email with links to all of the information being posted (specifically a greymetal post on this site outlining everything in one spot) to ME listed for this case on The Doe Network. If I hear back, I will update. I'm really just an interested lurker on all of this, but figured I could do that much just on the off chance that no one has, yet. Hope it wasn't stepping on any toes! I figured the authorities can do with it what they will. If it doesn't turn out to be Grateful Doe, perhaps it will be of help to some other outstanding case.

I want to add that I think everything everyone is doing for this is absolutely amazing. Great work!
    I contacted the person who seems to have responded to DrDMike's Craigslist post, the person who posted on Craigslist, and who asked to be contacted because they believe they know Grateful Doe's mom. I emailed them at 5 PM today, and included the direct phone number for the medical examiner handling this case at the Central District Medical Examiner's Office in Richmond, VA. I encouraged them to call directly, but also included links to the ME's website and to this part of Websleuths dedicated to Grateful Doe. I also encouraged them to let me know if/when they contact the ME, and to join this conversation here if they want to. They seem legit, and I really hope this is the break we've all been waiting for. It's such an odd feeling that comes with caring about things like this, isn't it?

Thanks J!

We really needed this information front and centre

You're a gem!
    "If I knew the way, I would take you home..."

Nearly 20 years without a name, Grateful Doe.

Quote Originally Posted by j123 View Post
    Has the ME been contacted? yes!
    My fault for not posting yesterday, I had spoken to Believe09 yesterday to contact the ME. She has a lot of experience with it; knows what to say & how to say it. The last thing we want is 100 people calling the LE & ME then Jay/Jason's family can not get through. This is why we had the Task Delegation; What tasks/suggestions/enquiries are you currently working on? thread

Thank you Roselvr!

I did think this was a question for the Task Delegation thread, but the reason there seemed to be so much confusion in the first place was that with all the separate discussions happening, it was getting more and more difficult for people to find information. I just wanted a quick way to get this particular answer up in a way that everyone could immediately see it.

To be honest, we're actually pretty lucky in that we've got an entire subforum for Grateful Doe. I think it would be okay in the future to continue to be liberal with opening new threads if it's useful.

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK