Identified! PA - Bellevue, WhtMale skeletel UP12237, Dec'13 - John Jones

Oh is it PA? Now how on earth did I miss that how awful. Let's see if a Mod will come to my rescue and put this in the right state! Thanks! Edited to PA, and no wonder the state call letters to the station were not setting with me; I forgot the golden rule: Kwpr; any K's are west and W's are east of the MI river!

Oh is it PA? Now how on earth did I miss that how awful. Let's see if a Mod will come to my rescue and put this in the right state! Thanks! Edited to PA, and no wonder the state call letters to the station were not setting with me; I forgot the golden rule: Kwpr; any K's are west and W's are east of the MI river!

Yes, wrong state, but I've been thinking about Susan Powell.

PA makes me think of Holly Grim currently just missing. So, not her, as they found a skeleton

Any idea who was missing for awhile from PA?

kortne popped into my head as well --- maybe just been following that one from the beginning is why---BUT it's over 224 miles away (according to google....and almost a 4 hour drive).

I would be surprised if it is kortne, given the distance from Palmyra where she went missing from and the location of the body.

If I recall correctly when Kortne was reported missing according to the reports she wasn't wearing shoes...

And the link above says she was wearing shorts and a yellow tank top.

Alivia Kail -- went missing not even 6 miles from bellevue

same w/ elizabeth lamb and jamie nichole peterson

I don't want to speculate but an early search for this MP from 2011 stretched from this location (Route 65, AKA the Ohio River Boulevard in Bellevue) to nearby Ross Twp., PA:

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/petersonjamie.html

ETA: This section of Route 65 is a main route for northbound traffic from Beaver County into Pittsburgh. It runs along the Ohio River and some sections of land between the road and the river are steep and probably not very accessible to anyone on foot. Avalon Jane Doe was found not far away from this more recent UID back in 1997: http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/avalonjanedoe.html

I can't edit my previous post, but that should read SOUTHbound traffic headed into Pittsburgh.

This article quotes a man who remembered an odor of decomposition a few months ago:

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/5243734-74/remains-allegheny-county#axzz2nM92f3mW

And it states the UID might be a male based on clothing, which is described as a t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes.

A black fabric suitcase containing several board games, including “Aggravation” and “Frogger,” as well as audio casettes, papers and other items was found several yards from the body. Investigators don't know if the items are connected or can provide clues to the identity of the remains.

Those are some very vintage items and they immediately bring to mind the Red White & Blue Thrift Store, which is 0.6 miles from the site where the UID was found. They carry items like this that appeal to the hipster/retro crowd.

The store uses a distinct price tag, with the price and date the item was put on the shelf written in permanent marker. If the items have these stickers, the dates on them would indicate when they were purchased and ended up in the woods with the UID.

I lived in Bellevue years ago while a student at Pitt. The Red White and Blue thrift store is indeed close. That whole area of Ohio River Boulevard is fast food and retail, with a slope down to the Ohio River behind them.

Could this be JoAnn Angel?

I can't edit my previous post, but that should read SOUTHbound traffic headed into Pittsburgh.

This article quotes a man who remembered an odor of decomposition a few months ago:

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/5243734-74/remains-allegheny-county#axzz2nM92f3mW

And it states the UID might be a male based on clothing, which is described as a t-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes.

Those are some very vintage items and they immediately bring to mind the Red White & Blue Thrift Store, which is 0.6 miles from the site where the UID was found. They carry items like this that appeal to the hipster/retro crowd.

The store uses a distinct price tag, with the price and date the item was put on the shelf written in permanent marker. If the items have these stickers, the dates on them would indicate when they were purchased and ended up in the woods with the UID.

Thanks for posting this article. Very informative.

http://www.theintell.com/news/state...cle_2e8fb208-3cf4-51e6-9945-0ead9a8077d4.html

An anthropologist was being summoned to examine skeletal remains found in the woods west of Pittsburgh, not far from a suitcase containing board games and audio cassette tapes.
Allegheny County homicide detectives and Medical Examiner Dr. Karl Williams don't know if the two finds are related, and say the condition of the body has prevented them from confirming its gender, age or, so far, its cause of death.

This article is from this morning....they are not confirming it is a female?!?!?!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back