Doomed Dogs Taste of Freedom, Get New Leash on Life

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Canines Bred To Be Eaten Are Rescued From Dog Meat Farm, Given New Lives in US

Twenty-three canines from a dog meat farm outside of Seoul, South Korea, who spent most of their lives in cages, bred to be consumed, were rescued by the Humane Society International (HSI) earlier this month, and are now destined for new lives in the U.S.
<snipped>

HSI convinced the owner of the farm, Moon Suk Jung, to relinquish the pups and give up the dog meat trade entirely, in exchange for $2,500 to start a blueberry farm.
<snipped>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...farm_n_6438472.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I'm so glad they saved the dogs and they sure are cute. I hope they have some socialization and that they are not feral. I fostered one of 3 sister semi-feral pit bull mixes and she just couldn't adjust to the requirements for being an ordinary house dog. She was moved to the feral pack at the Devoted Barn and at 15 months is still there and still not ready for adoption. Her 2 sisters are both in foster homes and also aren't ready yet to be ordinary dogs. They are very fearful and timid. The one I had was aggressive and a biter. If a dog isn't socialized as a puppy, it's hard to make up for it later and have a well balanced dog. The pups in the pictures looked friendly though, so hopefully they will make good pets. I think it is terrible that anyone would raise them for food! How much more lacking in compassion could a person be?!

I'm so glad they saved the dogs and they sure are cute. I hope they have some socialization and that they are not feral. I fostered one of 3 sister semi-feral pit bull mixes and she just couldn't adjust to the requirements for being an ordinary house dog. She was moved to the feral pack at the Devoted Barn and at 15 months is still there and still not ready for adoption. Her 2 sisters are both in foster homes and also aren't ready yet to be ordinary dogs. They are very fearful and timid. The one I had was aggressive and a biter. If a dog isn't socialized as a puppy, it's hard to make up for it later and have a well balanced dog. The pups in the pictures looked friendly though, so hopefully they will make good pets. I think it is terrible that anyone would raise them for food! How much more lacking in compassion could a person be?!

Yeah, they looked totally friendly and huggable. I;m not worried that they lack socialization.

I still don;t get how humans can eat animals who have totally evolved to be our devoted companions. Plus, they are not herd animals. It's just weird. Most cultures do not eat meat-eating animals for the most part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back