1154 users online (282 members and 872 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Rod Taylor Has Passed

The Birds actor Rod Taylor dies aged 84... as former co-star Tippi Hedren pays tribute to her 'great pal'

Taylor was best known for his roles in The Birds, The Time Machine, and voiced the character of Pongo in 101 Dalmatians.

His final role was in 2009's Inglourious Basterds, in which he portrayed Winston Churchill.

Taylor's co-star in Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, Tippi Hedren, paid tribute to the Australian actor.

'There are so many incredible feelings I have for him. Rod was a great pal to me and a real strength, we were very, very good friends,' the 84-year-old said in a statement to People.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz3OK15CdUe

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    R.I.P. Mr. Taylor.

I also remember him from an earlier sci-fi flick called World Without End. My mom also loved him in his TV series Hong Kong from the early 1960s.
    Last edited by STANDREID; 01-09-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

We loved him as Mitch in The Birds - that movie was insanely creepy!

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    R.I.P. Mr. Taylor.

I also remember him from an earlier sci-fi flick called World Without End. My mom also loved him in his TV series Hong Kong from the early 1960s.
    I forgot to mention him in that great Twilight Zone episode And When the Sky Was Opened. In the DVD box set extra, Rod actually does the audio commentary for the story.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid