Mysterious Booms

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Residents Report Mysterious Booms In Central Oklahoma
Posted: Jan 09, 2015 2:25 PM CST Updated: Jan 09, 2015 3:51 PM CST

Oklahoma Geological Survey research seismologist Austin Holland said the second series of booms started at 11:19 a.m. Friday, after numerous booms were reported starting about the same time on Thursday.

http://www.news9.com/story/27804051/residents-report-mysterious-booms-in-central-oklahoma

Mysterious 'booms' return to Oklahoma
Experts unsure what's causing mystery sound

9:24 PM CST Jan 09, 2015

NORMAN, Okla. —A day after hundreds of people called 911 to report hearing mysterious sounds and vibrations, the booms were back on Friday.

They bounced all over Oklahoma, in Norman, Meeker and Shawnee.

The sounds are similar to sonic booms, but Tinker Air Force Base officials told KOCO 5 News that they didn’t have any planes taking off during either occasion.

http://www.koco.com/news/mysterious-booms-return-to-oklahoma/30625956

Investigation underway into booms, ground shaking in East TN

Posted: Jan 07, 2015 9:03 PM CST Updated: Jan 08, 2015 9:42 PM CST

GREENE COUNTY, TN (WJHL) - Have you felt the ground shake followed by a loud boom this week?

You're not the only one.

Tennessee Emergency Management Agency Executive Officer Dean Flener confirmed Thursday that Morristown Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) had reports of the boom sound Tuesday that came from a 1,000 square-mile area.

Flener said the boom Tuesday was non-geologic in nature and said the source of the boom was not tracked to the Oak Ridge area.

http://www.wjhl.com/story/27787782/...rts-of-loud-booms-ground-shaking-in-greene-co

Mysterious Booms are Being Reported Across America Again

November 25, 2014

From time to time, reports of mysterious “booming” noises or explosions have been catalogued, and of apparent unexplained origin. Several researchers and writers, including Charles Fort most famously, have documented such phenomenon, with a scientific treatment being afforded the subject more recently by American physicist William R. Corliss, who covered the phenomenon extensively in his writings over the last few decades.

Such phenomenon is frequently reported in the present day just as well; 2014 has been a particularly interesting year for those claiming to have experienced mystery explosions, and in some cases, even earthquakes accompanying a few of the anomalous sounds.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/11/mysterious-booms-are-being-reported-across-america-again/

There were a lot of booms in Flint, MI, that people kept reporting and the police didn't seem to know anything about. They were mainly in one area. Finally the police admitted that they had been setting off bombs in underground bunkers but they wouldn't reveal the exact site where it was done. Neither did they say why they were setting off these bombs.

There were a lot of booms in Flint, MI, that people kept reporting and the police didn't seem to know anything about. They were mainly in one area. Finally the police admitted that they had been setting off bombs in underground bunkers but they wouldn't reveal the exact site where it was done. Neither did they say why they were setting off these bombs.
Wow! Now that is quite a story and should be explored more by your local media.

I live in La. and in the past and more than one occasion we have heard these mysterious booms also. Several people have told us that these were coming from Ft. Polk when they are training. If true or not I don't know, but this could explain some of these booms and why we don't hear about them..?

I live in La. and in the past and more than one occasion we have heard these mysterious booms also. Several people have told us that these were coming from Ft. Polk when they are training. If true or not I don't know, but this could explain some of these booms and why we don't hear about them..?
It is very curious they are happening not only in the states, but other places around the world. It could be coming from Ft. Polk, but they ruled out Tinker AFB as the culprit in Oklahoma City and the surrounding area.

I find it quite interesting while we were having them in OK, there were similar reports coming in from TN.

we/people heard them near cape may....shook the windows and all.......this was November I think. Also they were on different days. Boom.

Hmm? I thought Kimster fixed that backfiring problem with her ship. :alien3:

Mysterious booms in Kansas City could be 'frost quakes'

We've heard of snowpocalypse but this is a new one to us: 'Frost quake.'

That was amateur video from Kansas City, Missouri. Those sounds have reportedly been going on for the last few months.

"To me it sounded like it was a fairly substantial Class B firework. Which is a lot bigger than what you sell at a fireworks stand."

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/02/...640855160528571168?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058&

SMH They are going the same route of guessing as the weathermen in OK who had to give up on the idea of "frost quakes" when the sounds continued after the weather improved. ;) Good luck with that, Kansas.

We've had a lot of mysterious booms here (Texas) since so much fracking started in the area. I have done almost no research into fracking, so I have no idea if it's a coincidence.

I remember the day all the news station in OKC were reporting about these mysterious booms, it was very cold and I also distinctly remember that the Army ammunition depot outside if McAlester was detonating artillery that day. I live in South centeral OK right on the Texas border and the distance between my home and the depot and between the depot and OKC is very close-maybe because it was so cold the sound travelled more than it typically does when they detonate. We can almost always tell when they are detonating, we hear it and it rattles our windows and I'm about 120ish miles away. Just a thought or theory for that particular day...no explanation for the other locations or reports

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back