FL - George Zimmerman arrested for aggravated assault

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
SANFORD, Fla. —

Florida authorities said George Zimmerman has been arrested on an aggravated assault charge.

(snip)

The judge granted Zimmerman a $5,000 bond and ordered that he surrender all firearms.

The judge also ordered that he have no contact with the victim, is not allowed to consume alcohol and would not be required to wear a GPS monitor.

Zimmerman is scheduled to be arraigned Feb. 17.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/george-zimmerman-arrested-aggravated-assault-charg/njkbn/

hahhahhahahhahha........good....like OJ...he will end up in jail eventually

I wonder if any of the jurors are saying to themselves; "Y'know this guy has so many anger issues, maybe he did start some :censored: with Trayvon that got out of hand? :waitasec:

George Zimmerman is charged with domestic aggravated assault with a weapon after allegedly throwing a bottle of wine at his girlfriend earlier this week, according to his lawyer.

Zimmerman, 31, was arrested Friday night in Lake Mary where he is currently living, but his attorney Don West said the fight involving his girlfriend happened four or five days ago.

Lake Mary Police spokeswoman Officer Bianca Gillett said the fight happened at Zimmerman'a residence in Lake Mary on Monday night, but nobody involved called the cops.
Police found out about the fight when they pulled Zimmerman's girlfriend over for a routine traffic stop, Gillett said. More information about the incident was not immediately available.

(snip)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rrested-assault-lake-mary-20150110-story.html

Amazing that he keeps finding girlfriends even.:gaah:

I suspect we will be
seeing Zimmerman
in the news for some
time to come.

I am not a fan of Zimmerman's at all, but this doesn't sound right.

Unless his g/f had a visible injury during the traffic stop, I don't see how LE can prove their case, other than he said, she said.

Really curious,
fran

from above link:

Lawyer: George Zimmerman charged after throwing bottle of wine at girlfriend

Zimmerman, 31, was arrested Friday night in Lake Mary where he is currently living, but his attorney Don West said the fight involving his girlfriend happened four or five days ago.

Lake Mary Police spokeswoman Officer Bianca Gillett said the fight happened at Zimmerman's Valley Wood Way residence in Lake Mary on Monday night, but nobody involved called the cops.

Police found out about the fight when they pulled Zimmerman's girlfriend over for a routine traffic stop, Gillett said. More information about the incident was not immediately available.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rrested-assault-lake-mary-20150110-story.html

Unless his g/f had a visible injury during the traffic stop, I don't see how LE can prove their case, other than he said, she said.

Really curious,
fran

from above link:

Lawyer: George Zimmerman charged after throwing bottle of wine at girlfriend

Lake Mary Police spokeswoman Officer Bianca Gillett said the fight happened at Zimmerman's Valley Wood Way residence in Lake Mary on Monday night, but nobody involved called the cops.

Sounds kind of fishy to me also. If she had an injury, wouldn't she have called police right away and gone to get it treated?

This article has more information. Apparently girlfriend was stopped by police for traffic violation then said she was upset over the incident with Zimmerman.

"Police said the alleged incident happened at Zimmerman's home in Lake Mary on Monday.

They said his girlfriend left the home upset and was pulled over by police for a traffic violation.

She told police what happened and it took officers until last night to make contact with Zimmerman and question him."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/george-zimmerman-arrested-aggravated-assault-charg/njkbn/

Mr.Zimmerman is under intense scrutiny and will remain so IMO. What is troubling and telling to me is not that he is under such scrutiny, as I feel he has brought that spotlight upon himself with his actions over the last several years. But rather, the fact that even as he knows he is under such a microscope and there are many, myself included, just waiting for his next F up, he continues IMO to be unable or unwilling to control himself or comport himself in a way that would invite that scrutiny to end.

Even if a PO'd GF who was unharmed has made a mountain out of a molehill to excuse or explain a traffic violation, it is telling to me that Zimmerman continues to place himself in situations where his actions can be questioned. In other words, he keeps assisting in the creation of these pesky (in his mind) little molehills.

I agree, it is a matter of time before he ends up in jail. Because in his mind his acquittal equals there is nothing about myself, my attitudes or my behaviors that warrant examining or altering. That will eventually be his downfall.

lots and lots of :cow:

This article has more information. Apparently girlfriend was stopped by police for traffic violation then said she was upset over the incident with Zimmerman.

"Police said the alleged incident happened at Zimmerman's home in Lake Mary on Monday.

They said his girlfriend left the home upset and was pulled over by police for a traffic violation.

She told police what happened and it took officers until last night to make contact with Zimmerman and question him."

Now this would make more sense, that the g/f was stopped on the night of the alleged incident, yet LE hadn't been able to locate Zimmerman until Friday, several days later.

OTOH, there still needs to be proof the incident happened at all. IMHO, IF the g/f had injuries, I'm confident LE took photos.

JMHO
fran

Now this would make more sense, that the g/f was stopped on the night of the alleged incident, yet LE hadn't been able to locate Zimmerman until Friday, several days later.

OTOH, there still needs to be proof the incident happened at all. IMHO, IF the g/f had injuries, I'm confident LE took photos.

JMHO
fran

From what his lawyer said, it is alleged Zimmerman threw a bottle in the direction of the g/f, not that the bottle hit her.
Also, my interpretation of the article is that police didn't go to talk to him until Friday, not that they couldn't locate him.

Gee, what a heroic guy, NOT!!! Couldn't that stupid jury see this guy's propensity to start fights and be violent?:banghead::banghead::banghead:

From what his lawyer said, it is alleged Zimmerman threw a bottle in the direction of the g/f, not that the bottle hit her.
Also, my interpretation of the article is that police didn't go to talk to him until Friday, not that they couldn't locate him.
I'd think the (broken?) bottle would be evidence. Did it happen inside the apartment or outside?

I'd think the (broken?) bottle would be evidence. Did it happen inside the apartment or outside?

Would somebody keep a broken bottle at their residence for 4 days waiting for police to show up? The incident was supposedly at Zimmerman's home.

Really curious,
fran *******

(above post snipped)

If I may jump off your post, respectfully. Agree that this particular incident will probably be hard to prove in court.

When I read the article immediate old fears came back to me. The fact that she waited to inform LE until she was in a safe environment speaks loudly to me. There is intense fear when these abusers are in their rage, my fear was always if I did attempt to phone police he'd kill me before they arrived. So, it was best to try and calm the person down, even tell them you are sorry and it's ok. Now, there is a no contact order. One doesn't have to wait for further abuse or harm to phone LE. Just getting the no contact and away from the abuser is a relief. It may have been her first safe chance to get away from him.

I very much agree the throwing of the wine bottle may not be proven.

I'm curious if this is the same girlfriend he was accused of threatening/assaulting last time?

Y'all are right, he is eventually going to end up behind bars for a long time. I just hope we don't have to wait for him to kill someone else for that to happen.

Don West is still his attorney? Was it him who GZ supposedly hadn't paid after the trial?

I'm curious if this is the same girlfriend he was accused of threatening/assaulting last time?

Y'all are right, he is eventually going to end up behind bars for a long time. I just hope we don't have to wait for him to kill someone else for that to happen.

Don West is still his attorney? Was it him who GZ supposedly hadn't paid after the trial?

The incident is the latest legal run-in for Zimmerman since his acquittal in July 2012 on a murder charge in the death of Martin, a 17-year-old African-American. In fact, it's his second arrest for alleged domestic violence against a girlfriend -- though Lake Mary police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett said this alleged "victim is not the same (woman) as in 2013."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/10/us/george-zimmerman-arrested/index.html

With the trial over with the best thing he could have done for himself was write a book, invest the profits, move to some secluded rural area and engage in some serious long term therapy.

Instead he squandered hundreds of thousands of donation dollars, is now broke, keeps getting into trouble and making bad decisions.

A strong commitment to tending to mental health issues probably would have saved both him and OJ from their biggest enemy - themselves.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back