921 users online (179 members and 742 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Cristian 'Chris' Zamora, 23, Champaign, 31 December 2014

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...-year-old.html

Champaign police are looking for a man they say "has fallen off the face of the Earth."

Champaign Sgt. Dennis Baltzell said Cristian Antonio Zamora, 23, of Champaign, was last seen on New Year's Eve between 6 and 7:30 p.m. as he headed off to the County Market store at 331 E. Stoughton St., C...

Baltzell said police know that Zamora had a male roommate in a Campustown area apartment and that the last people known to have spoken with him were a friend and the friend's brother, who had been with him at a party in Champaign on New Year's Eve.
    https://www.facebook.com/WCIA3News/p...e=1&permPage=1

Although the Champaign Police continue efforts to locate Mr. Zamora, extreme cold temperatures and inclement weather increase the risk to Mr. Zamora should he be outdoors.

As a result, the Champaign Police are asking residents of Champaign - Urbana to search garages and property for any evidence of Mr. Zamora or his belongings.
    FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1559920320891495/

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27289

It would help if we knew whether he went to the grocery store at someone's request or just decided to go. It might have been an excuse, and he may have had other intentions. I also wonder about drug use. Could he have overdosed somewhere? If he ODed, anyone who was with him might have become scared and left. He also had to cross a major road on a holiday that caters to drunks. It could be a hit and run. But then where is the body? He might be in a local hospital, too. Or in a rehab facility for drug and alcohol addicts. It's also possible that someone at the party had a beef with him and followed him or gave him a ride. I just don't think he is wandering around in a daze. That doesn't seem likely. But then we don't know what he ingested at the party, either. There was a case about a year ago where a young man disappeared. Later, they found him inside an abandoned building. He had climbed into a second-floor window and didn't know that there was no floor. So he fell a whole store and died from injuries resulting from the impact.

Here is Chris's Facebook page. There are some weird comments by a person on there. Look for comments from Jan. 8 and 9.

https://www.facebook.com/chris.zamora.3194

There is an FB page for the police department. I lost the darned link. I hope it's okay to mention that a woman said she thought she saw him near a dance club. He seemed cold and asked her for a ride. She said he was using his phone, too. So maybe police can verify that he was in that area. That was about 2 a.m. on New Year's Day. She reported it to police, I guess. On his FB page, there are posts by him around 5:45 a.m. on New Year's Eve, and he seemed to be drinking. If he was still partying in the afternoon, he must have been fairly drunk. It's possible that he passed out in the snow and froze to death. But where?

Also, it's my understanding that he might not have been alone during his trip to the grocery store. Someone posted that someone was with him and that person said he ran off for some unknown reason.

Found the link to the PD post (with comments).

https://www.facebook.com/ChampaignPD

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessWonder View Post
    It would help if we knew whether he went to the grocery store at someone's request or just decided to go. It might have been an excuse, and he may have had other intentions. I also wonder about drug use. Could he have overdosed somewhere? If he ODed, anyone who was with him might have become scared and left. He also had to cross a major road on a holiday that caters to drunks. It could be a hit and run. But then where is the body? He might be in a local hospital, too. Or in a rehab facility for drug and alcohol addicts. It's also possible that someone at the party had a beef with him and followed him or gave him a ride. I just don't think he is wandering around in a daze. That doesn't seem likely. But then we don't know what he ingested at the party, either. There was a case about a year ago where a young man disappeared. Later, they found him inside an abandoned building. He had climbed into a second-floor window and didn't know that there was no floor. So he fell a whole store and died from injuries resulting from the impact.
    I remember that case! Florida, I think. And a slightly similar case in Iowa, perhaps?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    I remember that case! Florida, I think. And a slightly similar case in Iowa, perhaps?
    Yep. That was a Florida case. Now where is Chris?

Lots of crime around here lately. I hope he didn't run into any trouble. And I hope he is warm wherever he is...the weather has been extremely cold...even cancelled school for 2 days because of it!

On the Help Find Cristian Zamora FB page, there is a new photo showing the outfit he wore on the night he vanished.

I'm bumping this because my friend said she studied with him in Japan. Hope they find him!

The news this morning said there had been satellite activity from his phone in Northern Urbana. The authorities are also hoping that with the U of I students back on campus, all of the foot activity and new sets of eyes may find something that will lead to Cris' location.

Just to be clear, it sounds like police were able to identify that Chris used his phone on the night that he vanished. It does not sound like police have picked up a signal since then. The information in the article matches what I've read elsewhere. Essentially, Chris was not alone at all. He was with another guy. And the fact that Chris was running matches what I'd heard, too. I read that this other person reported that he just ran off with no explanation.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/stor...mEq_rdZY4kvRYQ

Yes, there has been no phone activity since the night he vanished...the news wasn't clear on that at first. He was last seen in Champaign on Green St., but the phone last had activity in Northern Urbana...that is a rather large area to search :/. He does not show up on the County Market surveillance videos from that night at all, but they do have video of him running away as previously told.

Quote Originally Posted by CluelessWonder View Post
    Here is Chris's Facebook page. There are some weird comments by a person on there. Look for comments from Jan. 8 and 9.

https://www.facebook.com/chris.zamora.3194
    I agree. Also some weird posts on January 11, 12, 13 & 14.

I'm wondering about a bad LSD trip...

I'm embarrassed to admit that I can speak from experience in saying that a person on LSD should not consume any alcohol. He says himself on his FB page that he was drinking in the morning on the day he disappeared. If he dropped acid later that day, he might have been in quite a wild state when he vanished. But drugs can't make you vanish. So where the hell could he be?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast