1206 users online (238 members and 968 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Omar Meza, 30, Indian Wells, 8 January 2015

Omar Meza

Los Angeles man goes missing in Indian Wells
    Friends, family, and investigators in the Coachella Valley are looking for 30-year-old Omar Meza from Los Angeles. Authorities say coworkers last saw Meza in Indian Wells Thursday night, January 8. He has not returned phone calls and has not been seen by friends or family since. Meza's jacket and wallet were found on the JW Marriott Desert Springs property, where friends say he is staying while on business in the Coachella Valley. Family members tell News Channel 3 and CBS Local 2 that bloodhounds may be used to trace his scent from the belongings that were found on the golf course. Riverside County Sheriffs Department Cpl. Roberto Martinez says using this search method is a strong possibility if it will advance efforts in locating Meza.

While his belongings were found at the resort in Palm Desert, authorities say friends last saw him in Indian Wells. This may change upon further investigation. Martinez could not give details as to the exact location.
    http://www.kesq.com/news/Los-Angeles...Wells/30633426
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This one says last seen at the Desert Springs Marriott, but doesn't say by whom:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...m-desert-area/

Meza was last seen Thursday evening, around 11 p.m., at the Desert Springs Marriott.

Officials said “all available” resources — including bloodhounds and search and rescue personnel — are being employed.

This is so strange. I think of this area as very safe and insular. (I have spent lots of time in this area.) This all all part of Palm Springs. Sure, there are parts of PS that aren't great, but this isn't one of them. Indian Wells, where his friends say they last saw him, is also known as very nice/upscale. It would help to have background info about what his business trip was about and who he was with.

So, we need to figure out if he was on the golf course at the Marriott, or if something happened elsewhere and his wallet and jacket were dumped. And was anything missing from the wallet?

'He was last seen on video in the lobby of the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa around 11 p.m. Thursday. He failed to show up for scheduled meetings on Friday.

Investigators from the Palm Desert Sheriff's Station found Meza's jacket and wallet on the hotel's golf course, but they don't expect foul play.'

??

His wife thinks he may have memory problems and have forgotten where he is, because of a vehicle accident in 2013.

http://abc7.com/news/los-angeles-vp-...desert/471379/
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Über supposedly picked him up. We have mutual friends and that's what they were saying. His wife says he has memory issue from a previous car accident

Quote Originally Posted by Riverking21 View Post
    Über supposedly picked him up. We have mutual friends and that's what they were saying. His wife says he has memory issue from a previous car accident
    Thanks for the info. I'm so sorry to hear scuba divers are now searching ponds for Omar. I don't want to cause any offence, but do you know if it's possible Omar was impaired by alcohol? Or feeling depressed? I'm only asking because otherwise I don't see why police would be so certain no foul play has happened, despite the fact they seem to think it's possible he is deceased in the water.
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

I honestly have no idea if he was. I don't know him personally only by mutual friends.

FYI, the missing man is reported as 33 years old in most sources, not 30 years old. Can anyone correct the title of this thread?

Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB) lists an Omar Meza as a "Producer."
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1957257/b..._bio_sm#trivia
    The age (33) is correct and he is listed as being born in San Diego.
    The missing Omar Meza's facebook page also states that he is "from San Diego" and I have seen other references stating that the missing Omar attended USC.
    IMDB Omar Meza went to USC and "started in the Beverly Hills William Morris mail room." It lists him as the producer of one short film.
    Probably none of this is relevant, but it gives a little additional info about the missing man (if it is in fact him).

Sadly, I think that the entire "disoriented due to a car accident 1+ year ago" sounds like wishful thinking on the part of a distraught spouse.
    Last edited by Essbee; 01-12-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Re: the Uber car that dropped him off at JW Marriott. This news story states that
    "He was actually staying at a smaller Marriott Residence Inn on Cook, but he got dropped off at the wrong hotel.
    Video of him coming into the JW the lobby, then it's patchy on where he exited and left in the direction of a parking lot."
    http://www.kesq.com/news/search-for-...esert/30669988

I wonder if he merely exited the JW Marriott because he realized that it was wrong, and tried to walk toward his actual Residence Inn hotel.
    Maybe he took a detour via the golf course. at that point, he either meets foul play or some accident occurs (pond, etc).
    This at least explains why he was leaving the hotel.

Interesting. The article also said that he went there for business every other month and was very familiar with the area. So getting dropped at the wrong hotel on the property would be weird unless the JW was where he usually stayed and didn't realize the mistake until after he left the uber car - "oops, forgot I was staying in the other building this time."

I just looked at a map, and even though the two properties look close (if where he was staying is the property I think it is), you wouldn't really want to walk it. Especially if you're in the whole SoCal mentality, which I understand all too well. It's farther than it looks, plus that part of PS isn't really a walking town. Then again, I'm sure the JW Marriott would have a shuttle it would gladly use to take you to a sister property, and cabs are always in front of hotels. But maybe he did decide to hoof it.
    Last edited by Psychedelia; 01-12-2015 at 10:52 PM. Reason: correction

Also, there are a bunch of bodies of water in the immediate area, but they're all very prefab, manmade ponds that are small enough to be easily searched.

Find Omar Meza Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/FindOmarMeza

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    Interesting. The article also said that he went there for business every other month and was very familiar with the area. So getting dropped at the wrong hotel on the property would be weird unless the JW was where he usually stayed and didn't realize the mistake until after he left the uber car - "oops, forgot I was staying in the other building this time."

I just looked at a map, and even though the two properties look close (if where he was staying is the property I think it is), you wouldn't really want to walk it. Especially if you're in the whole SoCal mentality, which I understand all too well. It's farther than it looks, plus that part of PS isn't really a walking town. Then again, I'm sure the JW Marriott would have a shuttle it would gladly use to take you to a sister property, and cabs are always in front of hotels. But maybe he did decide to hoof it.
    Yeah, I was thinking that maybe he was indeed intoxicated after his night out with colleagues. Maybe this made him not really pay attention to where he was getting out, and misjudge the distance between the properties when he made the decision to walk. Too bad we don't know more from the dinner colleagues and from the Uber driver about how much he was drinking and whether he seemed impaired.

Hope Omar is found soon.

FYI, this is hitting national/international MSM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...otel-room.html

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/13/us/missing-aig-executive/

Family doing a good job of getting the word out (AIG is probably helping).

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast