1161 users online (212 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Teresa Faye Hammon, 19, Sacramento, 8 May 1981

There is a closed thread for Teresa Faye Hammon at:

There was also some discussion about Teresa possibly being the Dana Point Jane Doe:

During the discussion, it was mentioned that Teresa's stepmother had posted on the Strawberry Zone website to correct some discrepancies regarding Teresa's disappearance. She shared some startling information. Her post can be found here:

By creating a new post for Teresa, I hope that her stepmother will come forward to discuss the status of the case. It does appear that Teresa met foul play. She appears to have been a responsible young adult. She was working, going to school and had her own car. It seems highly unlikely that she would have run away and left her car, belongings and a paycheck behind. It is very troubling that police were so quick to rule her disappearance a runaway case when the three persons Teresa shared a residence with told conflicting accounts of the night she supposedly disappeared.

There may be an error in Teresa's age, as reported on the missing websites. I hope a family member will see this post and inform us of Teresa's correct date of birth and age at the time she disappeared so a correction can be made to her missing person pages.

California Birth Index, 1905-1995 (Ancestry)
    Name: Teresa F Hammon
    Birth Date: 12 Apr 1963
    Mother's Maiden Name: Young
    Birth County: Placer

Her birth date is given as 12 Apr 1963 on North American Missing Persons Network.

The Doe Network shows the year as 1963/63.

Her birth date is given as 12 Apr 1962 on The Charley Project.

IMO, these remains could be a possibility, but I'm not sure what they could do to determine whether or not it's her. http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2079.html

East Tennessee
    What a sad story. Prayers that she may be found!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

The post by Teresa's stepmother, as featured on Strawberry Zone has been changed. The original post can be found at this link: