Presumed Located GA - Kathleen Randall, 24, Forest Park, 24 Oct 1982

shadowangel

Black cats consider me unlucky.
Reaction score
From the Doe Network:

Kathleen Helen Randall

Missing since October 24, 1982 from Delray Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: April 18, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 115 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a Six Flags Over Georgia t-shirt and carrying a nylon bag.
Medical Information: Alcohol and drug problems
<LI>Dentals: Available. Randall has had extensive dental work performed. She has two front caps on her teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kathleen's mother last heard from her daughter on October 24, 1982. Kathleen had drug and alcohol problems at the time and was hitchhiking around the United States. She called her mother, who lived in Delray Beach, Florida, and said she was traveling with a truck driver from Delco Trucking. Kathleen promised her mother she would be in Florida soon to visit her. Her mother never heard from her again.

Kathleen's mother received a letter from a man in Forrest Park, Georgia in early 1995 -- nearly 13 years after her daughter's disappearance. The man stated that he met Kathleen in late October 1982. According to the source, Kathleen was traveling with a driver from Anco Trucking at that time. She told the man that she had traveled with the driver from Flushing, New York and they were en route to Florida. Kathleen and the truck driver had an argument concerning her alcohol intake and she parted ways with him in Georgia.
The source became friends with Kathleen and helped her by allowing her to room with him in Georgia. He stated that he returned to his home three weeks after meeting Kathleen in early November 1982 and discovered that she had left the premises. His neighbor told him that Kathleen wanted to head for Florida, presumably to visit her mother as promised. The neighbor dropped Kathleen off at Interstate 285. She planned on hitchhiking to Florida on Interstate 75. The neighbor said that Kathleen brought several pairs of jeans and t-shirts with her.
The source was attempting to return a scrapbook that Kathleen left behind in Georgia, which is why he contacted her mother.
Investigators have ascertained that Kathleen's Social Security number has not been used since October 1982. She lived in Texas and New York City in the early 1980's.

What jumped out at me when I read this was the location of the person who sent the letter to Kathleen's mother. Those of us who have followed and/or investigated Sharon Marshall's story know this town well-Forest Park, GA. LE in Florida spoke to the letter writer, but I am uncertain if the neighbor was ever identified. Franklin Floyd was in the Atlanta area from 1980 to 1986, living in various suburbs-but, Sharon was definitely enrolled in Forest Park starting in 1984. (Most of the info on Floyd's location are taken from school enrollments, this does not mean he was actually living in those towns). As we have seen from the Cheryl Ann Commesso case, Floyd was fond of dropping women off at the freeway...While in prison in the '90s, Floyd allegedly told a fellow inmate that he had killed a woman, covered her in lime and then buried her. I had assumed that he was speaking of Commesso-but she was unceremoniously dumped in a drainage ditch.
Does anyone think this warrants contact with the investigating officer?

i do i think you should mention your findings it could be something so small but yet when they look into it it could be something far bigger like. maybe they didnt see a conection with floyd or dont know much about floyd its worth contacting them

I think the info is worth giving to LE. You might have an insight that helps the case and therefore helps the family. It never hurts to share the information....if they already have it then nothing's lost but if you don't give it a potential connection could be lost.

A quick correction-Floyd arrived back in the Atlanta area in '82, not '80. The letter mentioned was received by Ms. Randall's mother the first week of May, just a couple of weeks after Floyd's kidnapping conviction in OK. Ms. Randall was not reported missing until 1986.

shadowangel said:
A quick correction-Floyd arrived back in the Atlanta area in '82, not '80. The letter mentioned was received by Ms. Randall's mother the first week of May, just a couple of weeks after Floyd's kidnapping conviction in OK. Ms. Randall was not reported missing until 1986.
yes but this excerpt : Kathleen's mother last heard from her daughter on October 24, 1982.
shows that she was last heard from in 1982.I have found an unidentified woman that was found by Interstate 285 that seems to possibly fit Kathleen's description.I have notified LE about this and they think it is very possible.An interesting note to this also is that the person did not contact the mother about the scrapbook until 1995.this unidentified woman was found in 1993.anyone think that possibly whoever did this(if it turns out to be her)is the same person who had the scrapbook and waited until after the body was found to contact the family?

babydust2004 said:
yes but this excerpt : Kathleen's mother last heard from her daughter on October 24, 1982.
shows that she was last heard from in 1982.I have found an unidentified woman that was found by Interstate 285 that seems to possibly fit Kathleen's description.I have notified LE about this and they think it is very possible.An interesting note to this also is that the person did not contact the mother about the scrapbook until 1995.this unidentified woman was found in 1993.anyone think that possibly whoever did this(if it turns out to be her)is the same person who had the scrapbook and waited until after the body was found to contact the family?
Wow. Very interesting. How long had the victim been dead before being found? Is this the un-ID'd found off Northlake Parkway? Did you contact the Del Ray Beach investigator assigned to Randall's case? LE actually spoke to the contact in Forest Park...I think the contact may have been friends with the killer. Very strange to wait 13 years. I definitely think I will make that call.

shadowangel said:
Wow. Very interesting. How long had the victim been dead before being found? Is this the un-ID'd found off Northlake Parkway? Did you contact the Del Ray Beach investigator assigned to Randall's case? LE actually spoke to the contact in Forest Park...I think the contact may have been friends with the killer. Very strange to wait 13 years. I definitely think I will make that call.
yes that is the UID and it was the Del Ray Beach LE I contacted and he sounded very interested and printed out the info to give to detectives.He said he will let me know what they find out.I did not know anything about this case until I read it on here,but since I live in Georgia had made myself familiar with all the UIDs in my state and Alabama as I am from there and only lived in Georgia less than a year,in case I ever came across something that jogged my memory on any of them and that is exactly what happened.So I then searched as to where I had seen the UID that was similiar to Kathleen missing info.I also was not familiar with Sharon Marshall/Franklin Floyd story until this site,so I did not mention any of that to the investigator,but it was all of your post here in this thread that lead me to report what I had found.I think it would be great if you contacted them with this info as who knows maybe this will all be figured out by our tips.

While on the subject, here is another case that I considered tied to Floyd (right area, right time)-what happened to her is eerily similar to Sharon's death...Struck in the head, left along the road, lived for a few days (she is simialr in appearance to Kathleen Randall, except for eye color)
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/172ufga.html

Also, here is another possible match for Ms Randall...
http://www.state.ga.us/gbi/uid/dade.html

Babydust2004, would you mind PM-ing me the detective you spoke to?

I'm also interested in any un-ID's from SC, late '87...transients, prostitutes, exotic dancers, probably under 30 YOA. I have a feeling that Floyd may have been very angry that Sharon's friend Jennifer refused the invitation to visit and took out his anger on someone else (just like Cheryl Commesso).

I have found the following link somewhat helpful for late 70s early 80s but not sure if it would help with 87....It's DOE links and is still under construction...I'll see what else I come across though for SC
https://mavdisk.mnsu.edu/bittid/missingperson.htm

shadowangel said:
While on the subject, here is another case that I considered tied to Floyd (right area, right time)-what happened to her is eerily similar to Sharon's death...Struck in the head, left along the road, lived for a few days (she is simialr in appearance to Kathleen Randall, except for eye color)
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/172ufga.html

Also, here is another possible match for Ms Randall...
http://www.state.ga.us/gbi/uid/dade.html

Babydust2004, would you mind PM-ing me the detective you spoke to?

I'm also interested in any un-ID's from SC, late '87...transients, prostitutes, exotic dancers, probably under 30 YOA. I have a feeling that Floyd may have been very angry that Sharon's friend Jennifer refused the invitation to visit and took out his anger on someone else (just like Cheryl Commesso).

Just came across the details of this case and found this thread. Doesn't look like there has been much activity on her case for a while. If anyone is still following Kathleen's case and has greater insight about her lifestyle during the 1980-82 time period, I have some questions that maybe someone can help me with...
Is is possible that Kathleen had a child during her life on the road, say in 1980? And has anyone ever seen items made public from the scrapbook that her friend in GA contacted her mom about in 1995? Any pictures of a baby girl in the scrapbook?

Link to Kathleen Randall

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/randall_kathleen.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/715/3/

Kathleen Randall lived a transient lifestyle and was known to hitch hike with truckers. She was last heard from in October 1982 in Forest Park Georgia. The UID was found near the Chattahoochee river in May 1984 not far from where Kathleen was last reported missing. It was also reported Kathleen disappeared with extra clothes. Extra clothes was found with the UID. Reconstruction of the Unidentified is similar to Kathleen.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/623ufga.html

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10724

Kathleen Randall is ruled out as this UID.

Link to Kathleen Randall

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/randall_kathleen.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/715/3/

Kathleen Randall lived a transient lifestyle and was known to hitch hike with truckers. She was last heard from in October 1982 in Forest Park Georgia. The UID was found near the Chattahoochee river in May 1984 not far from where Kathleen was last reported missing. It was also reported Kathleen disappeared with extra clothes. Extra clothes was found with the UID. Reconstruction of the Unidentified is similar to Kathleen.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/623ufga.html

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10724

Now that Floyd is or has been spilling his guts this would be a good time to point this info to the FBI , because he is responsible for many more deaths , we are all almost sure of it !!!!

Agreed was under the assumption someone had already submitted the information from this case to the FBI

I believe I found an Obit on Legacy that says she passed away on October 22, 1983. I wonder if the date is significant or if they just legally declared her death a year after she went missing.

Does anyone know the procedures the Doe Network follows in regards to removing cases from their database? Just because a missing/unidentified persons NamUs profile is not publicly viewable doesn't mean they have been located or have been identified.

From the Doe Network:

Kathleen Helen Randall

Missing since October 24, 1982 from Delray Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida.

Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: April 18, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 115 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Strawberry blonde hair; blue eyes.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a Six Flags Over Georgia t-shirt and carrying a nylon bag.
Medical Information: Alcohol and drug problems
<LI>Dentals: Available. Randall has had extensive dental work performed. She has two front caps on her teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kathleen's mother last heard from her daughter on October 24, 1982. Kathleen had drug and alcohol problems at the time and was hitchhiking around the United States. She called her mother, who lived in Delray Beach, Florida, and said she was traveling with a truck driver from Delco Trucking. Kathleen promised her mother she would be in Florida soon to visit her. Her mother never heard from her again.

Kathleen's mother received a letter from a man in Forrest Park, Georgia in early 1995 -- nearly 13 years after her daughter's disappearance. The man stated that he met Kathleen in late October 1982. According to the source, Kathleen was traveling with a driver from Anco Trucking at that time. She told the man that she had traveled with the driver from Flushing, New York and they were en route to Florida. Kathleen and the truck driver had an argument concerning her alcohol intake and she parted ways with him in Georgia.
The source became friends with Kathleen and helped her by allowing her to room with him in Georgia. He stated that he returned to his home three weeks after meeting Kathleen in early November 1982 and discovered that she had left the premises. His neighbor told him that Kathleen wanted to head for Florida, presumably to visit her mother as promised. The neighbor dropped Kathleen off at Interstate 285. She planned on hitchhiking to Florida on Interstate 75. The neighbor said that Kathleen brought several pairs of jeans and t-shirts with her.
The source was attempting to return a scrapbook that Kathleen left behind in Georgia, which is why he contacted her mother.
Investigators have ascertained that Kathleen's Social Security number has not been used since October 1982. She lived in Texas and New York City in the early 1980's.

What jumped out at me when I read this was the location of the person who sent the letter to Kathleen's mother. Those of us who have followed and/or investigated Sharon Marshall's story know this town well-Forest Park, GA. LE in Florida spoke to the letter writer, but I am uncertain if the neighbor was ever identified. Franklin Floyd was in the Atlanta area from 1980 to 1986, living in various suburbs-but, Sharon was definitely enrolled in Forest Park starting in 1984. (Most of the info on Floyd's location are taken from school enrollments, this does not mean he was actually living in those towns). As we have seen from the Cheryl Ann Commesso case, Floyd was fond of dropping women off at the freeway...While in prison in the '90s, Floyd allegedly told a fellow inmate that he had killed a woman, covered her in lime and then buried her. I had assumed that he was speaking of Commesso-but she was unceremoniously dumped in a drainage ditch.
Does anyone think this warrants contact with the investigating officer?
The first thing I thought was FLOYD!

I believe I found an Obit on Legacy that says she passed away on October 22, 1983. I wonder if the date is significant or if they just legally declared her death a year after she went missing.

Her NamUs profile returns a permission error.

ETA: GA - GA - Kathleen Randall, 24, Forest Park, 24 Oct 1982

Kathleen Randall 1958 - 2017 - Obituary

Private memorial graveside services for Kathleen Helen "Kathy" Randall, who passed away October 22, 1983 will be held at 1 PM Saturday, September 16, 2017 at Green Hills Cemetery, Asheville, NC.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back