• A single individual is responsible.

Votes: 40 21.7%
  • A male and female duo is responsible.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Two men are responsible.

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Two women are responsible.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • A group of three or more individuals is responsible.

Votes: 70 38.0%
  • Manner of death was an accident.

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Manner of death was suicide.

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Post your opinion on the manner and circumstances of Jessica Chambers' death in this poll thread. Then join the discussion in Crimes in the News, currently on Thread #7.

"Responsible" - by this, do we mean as could possibly be charged + found guilty by a jury, in relation to a homicide?

I.e.:
One person prepared and carried out the act without the help or cooperation of anyone else = One person responsible.
Vs.
One person may have carried out the physical act, but another person was an accessory to the crime = Multiple people responsible.

"Responsible" - by this, do we mean as could possibly be charged + found guilty by a jury, in relation to a homicide?

I.e.:
One person prepared and carried out the act without the help or cooperation of anyone else = One person responsible.
Vs.
One person may have carried out the physical act, but another person was an accessory to the crime = Multiple people responsible.
"Responsible" in this instance refers to a sole individual planning and acting alone, or multiple persons acting in conspiracy, whether or not they were present during the execution of the crime. In other words, anyone who participated in planning and/or committing the murder would be considered a "responsible" party.

I think that everything that surrounded this murder involved more than 3 people-but I'm including phone calls made to JC that day also.

I think there are (3) responsible (1 couple-male+female and 1 individual male or female) and it is/was conspiracy planned in advance to lure by befriending, attack, murder, get-away+look-out. There may be more people who unwittingly participated. I have specific individual(s) in mind who are currently locals Sardis/Batesville area and Route 51 N and S main area. Jmo

My vote here was for two males.

Based on the hush-hush that is apparently surrounding this case, I believe one or two people at most actually knew + intended for JC to possibly die as a result of this. I believe an additional person or people may have unwittingly played a role, but was/were shocked at the outcome (whether understandably or not) - and now petrified to talk about it.

Also: While I confess I waffled between this choice, three or more, and male/female couple (I am also of the mind that it could be a male + female who were not necessarily a couple)...I personally feel very confident that one of these three options is the truth.

I believe there are at least three people responsible, with one female, who may or may not have known the full extent of what was going to happen to Jessica, and at least two males.

I lean towards a lower triangle of close females angered by personal relationship betrayal agendas being unwittingly used by a higher rung of career criminal males who then killed JC because they feared her ability to cost them imprisonment and cause their criminal network to experience unacceptable exposure, financial failures, and loss of lives.

I replaced "couple" with "duo" to eliminate the suggestion of a romantically linked man and woman. Though that could be the case, the opposite is also a possibility.

IMO, there is at least one female involved in some way in Jessica's death.

I went with a group of 3 or more individuals was responsible. Whether or not murder was the intentions of all involved remains to be seen.

I think it was an accident related to volatile substance abuse in an enclosed area (her car) and lighting a cig. Someone may or may not have been in the passenger seat huffing along with her at some point.

Early on, I thought leaving gang but have changed. I now think it was 1-2 males, with several others including females part of planning or at least knew of plans. I think it was retaliation from other suspected crimes last year.

I went with a group of three or more, simply because of the vast number of people who have been questioned in this case. If George Mister is the villain that The Panolian reported him to be, and he describes Jessica as a close friend, I just get the feeling Jessica must have been caught up in something bigger than a simple lover's quarrel or a jealous female rival. The burning of the vehicle and the rumored pouring of accelerant in her mouth (may or may not be true) just seems incredibly vicious, and looks like a revenge or warning message, to me. If the accelerant in the mouth turns out to be true, I can't think of a stronger message that says This is what happens to people who talk.

Maybe I'm just too caught up in the seemingly infinite possible motives in this case, as well as the impression (as SteveP noted) that almost everybody in Courtland seems to have a felony charge lurking in the closet. With what Zool refers to as "the Alphabet boys" being involved, and the complete silence that has fallen over the community, I feel like this case may have a much larger scope than just one girl who made one other person angry.

I believe Jessica's crime included cyber stalking of Jessica. Predators generally hunt in groups therefore two or more are involved. I think we live in an Orwellian society. Satellites,Google street-view,surveillance cameras,selfies,cell phones,Twitter and the granddaddy of them all Facebook.If you desire to stalk someone then your best friend is social media. You do not even have to be clever to do it. Events in our timeline at times seen almost collide. I think in a small community the social networking is almost instantaneous.

I truly believe the perpetrators were obsessed,rotting from the inside out with hatred for Jessica. One or more of the participants is female. There is a dimension almost a 'thrill of the kill' which triggers my belief this person would never be at peace until Jessica was dead.In fact I believe 'fire' defines the ferocity of hatred and hurt these people sought to inflict on Jessica. Thanks for allowing me to get this off my chest. Of course this is all my my own opinion.

I voted "accident," but I think more likely gross negligence. But I don't rule out any of the other options. There's not enough evidence.

Still seems like a drug fire/explosion is a strong possibility, but it is hard to tell with so little information given by LE about what investigation showed as the specific cause and first location of the fire. If it wasn't a drug fire, then I believe it was probably related to her having removed herself from the shady goings-on of her friends or former friends.

3 or more, I've been very confident in that since the beginning. I don't believe managing Jessica and the car could have been done by one or even two people.

I think it was an accident related to volatile substance abuse in an enclosed area (her car) and lighting a cig. Someone may or may not have been in the passenger seat huffing along with her at some point.

I have a family member who was involved in a car fire years ago. His ex had been "stalking" him and threatening to burn his house down. She showed up where he was to prove to him that she was serious, with gas cans in the car. She called him on her cell and as he walked over, a spark ignited in the car. The fumes from the gas were in the air and it was said that by witnesses that her cell phone sparked and caused the explosion. He ran to the car and tried to save her and he suffered serious burns in the process. She died from thermal injuries. The police report stated that they thought she poured accelerant all over the car and intentionally killed herself, which no one that witnessed it or knew her believed. I think it is possible that either a cell phone or lighter could have ignited something flammable in Jessica's car as well. Once an accelerant's container explodes, it's contents would then be scattered throughout the vehicle, which is what we think happened to our family member's ex. I'm still undecided about whether Jessica's killing was intentional and planned, or if one thing lead to another, and ultimately her death...but I do think that more than one person was involved and know what happened.

A bit disappointed in the sleuthing here, votes-wise -- "three or more" leads now, despite such a secret being increasingly difficult to keep as numbers involved increases; second, "a male and a female"? Like we see so many murders involving one of each.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back