1204 users online (252 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: Who Killed Jessica Chambers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I voted "accident," but I think more likely gross negligence. But I don't rule out any of the other options. There's not enough evidence.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Still seems like a drug fire/explosion is a strong possibility, but it is hard to tell with so little information given by LE about what investigation showed as the specific cause and first location of the fire. If it wasn't a drug fire, then I believe it was probably related to her having removed herself from the shady goings-on of her friends or former friends.

3 or more, I've been very confident in that since the beginning. I don't believe managing Jessica and the car could have been done by one or even two people.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSuzy View Post
    I think it was an accident related to volatile substance abuse in an enclosed area (her car) and lighting a cig. Someone may or may not have been in the passenger seat huffing along with her at some point.
    I have a family member who was involved in a car fire years ago. His ex had been "stalking" him and threatening to burn his house down. She showed up where he was to prove to him that she was serious, with gas cans in the car. She called him on her cell and as he walked over, a spark ignited in the car. The fumes from the gas were in the air and it was said that by witnesses that her cell phone sparked and caused the explosion. He ran to the car and tried to save her and he suffered serious burns in the process. She died from thermal injuries. The police report stated that they thought she poured accelerant all over the car and intentionally killed herself, which no one that witnessed it or knew her believed. I think it is possible that either a cell phone or lighter could have ignited something flammable in Jessica's car as well. Once an accelerant's container explodes, it's contents would then be scattered throughout the vehicle, which is what we think happened to our family member's ex. I'm still undecided about whether Jessica's killing was intentional and planned, or if one thing lead to another, and ultimately her death...but I do think that more than one person was involved and know what happened.

A bit disappointed in the sleuthing here, votes-wise -- "three or more" leads now, despite such a secret being increasingly difficult to keep as numbers involved increases; second, "a male and a female"? Like we see so many murders involving one of each.

This is not the poll I am interested in: I am interested in the motive: was it because she was snitching to authorities, a rejected suitor, gang warfare, jealousy, because she stole money or drugs, etc? Was it someone local or a maniac who came off the interstate?

Anyone care to set up such a poll?

Accident. Rolling Meth lab. One person with her that escaped when the fire started.

Two Men

I 'm thinking it was two men, one to hold her while the other poured the lighter fluid in her nose and mouth. It would be too difficult for a female to hold her, although perhaps a woman could have done the squirting while a man restrained her. I think it would be very difficult to keep this matter under wraps this long with more than two people involved.

I believe that JC put that $14.00 dollars into her gas tank (more than any other time) because she knew or at least thought she was getting money that was owed to her later that night, greed kicked in no body wanted to pay up,cheaper to kill her than part with the money,two people had this planned in advance when it was time to settle up with JC

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaSuzy View Post
    I think it was an accident related to volatile substance abuse in an enclosed area (her car) and lighting a cig. Someone may or may not have been in the passenger seat huffing along with her at some point.
    This is my latest theory as well.
    All of my posts are MOO

Ten and a half weeks in and a case many supposed would prove an easy solve -- after all, the victim spoke with first responders and would surely have named the perpetrator of such a hellish crime -- and....well, here we are. Three or more people, 45% of us feel, were directly involved in Jessica's death and have gotten off scot-free, their crime held so secretly that even a $50-plus-thousand reward has failed to tempt out an actionable reponse.

At this rate, when and if an answer does come, it would seem a given that that answer will prove a shocker as, after all, one supposes that the usual suspects for such a deed would have been vetted early on; barring the possibility that LE is indeed just waiting for that last i to be dotted and t crossed before springing breathtakingly into action, a solution more and more feels to be less and less at hand. If not swift, one can only hope that justice for Jessica will be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Ten and a half weeks in and a case many supposed would prove an easy solve -- after all, the victim spoke with first responders and would surely have named the perpetrator of such a hellish crime -- and....well, here we are. Three or more people, 45% of us feel, were directly involved in Jessica's death and have gotten off scot-free, their crime held so secretly that even a $50-plus-thousand reward has failed to tempt out an actionable reponse.
    I would not change my initial vote (two males are responsible) though I don't feel 100% or even 51% certain of it... I personally don't feel more than 50% sold on any one of these options, and yet one of them must be true.

I initially would have put more stock in the option of three or more individuals being responsible - possibly as a group situation that could have escalated rapidly - but as time goes on, I am inclined to agree that keeping a secret of this magnitude given time, pressure + $$ incentive is increasingly difficult, especially the greater the # of parties who are actually involved.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    ...when and if an answer does come, it would seem a given that that answer will prove a shocker...
    I'm inclined to believe it's a matter of when, not if, but with the caveat that the timeframe on this could be relatively long. And I think that we'll all be shocked to some degree just due to the nature of this crime, but with a provided motive, some known information may fit together better in hindsight.

(Just my opinion, of course.)

I voted for a male and female even though I started out thinking one person did this. I do have someone in mind; it would be difficult to get either of them to turn on the other. I'm less inclined to believe this was a crime of passion. More likely it's a crime that resulted from character or lack there of.

This deserves a bump, polls being fun.

No arrests, 149 days and counting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast