Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsAnais

Verified Clinical Psychologist (AU)
Reaction score
The young woman in this case apparently met the man whose apartment she fell from on Tinder. Police are calling the death suspicious and the investigation is continuing.

Police have positively identified a woman who died after she fell from a Surfers Paradise high-rise apartment building.

The woman has been identified as 26-year-old Warriena Tagpuno Wright from Lower Hutt, New Zealand.

Around 2.20am on Friday officers were called to the Wahroonga Place building after receiving reports that a woman had fallen from a balcony.

Police have confirmed the death is being treated as suspicious.

......The 28-year-old man who is the sole occupant of the apartment, Gable Tostee, was assisting police with inquiries on Friday afternoon. He was not formally arrested and no charges have been laid.

Tagpuno Wright was reportedly visiting Tostee after meeting him through an online dating app, believed to be Tinder, the Courier Mail reported.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/10367377/Kiwi-dies-after-Surfers-Paradise-balcony-fall

10367479.jpg

Gable Tostee, man at centre of investigations into Surfers Paradise highrise death plunge of Warriena Wright, charged with murder

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...plead-not-guilty/story-fnje8bkv-1227025428311

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Media/Timeline Thread

Is there any way of tracking updates? Or it just a matter of wait and see later this morning?

Is there any way of tracking updates? Or it just a matter of wait and see later this morning?

If there is a reporter in Court tweeting a few of us usually post their tweets here.

Gable Tostee returns to court facing murder charge at Southport Court today

ACCUSED balcony killer Gable Tostee’s case returns to court today after an adjournment last October.
The 28-year-old Gold Coast man is due to face Southport Magistrate’s Court accused of the murder of Warriena “Rrie” Tagpuno Wright who plunged to her death from his 14th floor apartment balcony in August.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...port-court-today/story-fnj4alav-1227181847285

If there is a reporter in Court tweeting a few of us usually post their tweets here.

Thanks, Amee. I thought a reporter may have been tweeting by now.... but just realised Queensland doesn't do daylight savings. Makes sense! I thought it had been almost an hour into his hearing already. But it's yet to start. ;-)

Thanks, Amee. I thought a reporter may have been tweeting by now.... but just realised Queensland doesn't do daylight savings. Makes sense! I thought it had been almost an hour into his hearing already. But it's yet to start. ;-)

you are welcome :)
haha I did the same thing waiting for the bail hearing

Gold Coast News ‏@GoldCoastBureau 28m28 minutes ago

Accused balcony killer Gable Tostee has arrived at Southport court to face murder charges over death of a New Zealand tourist

Gold Coast News ‏@GoldCoastBureau 2m2 minutes ago

Case against accused balcony killer Gable Tostee adjourned til March. He faced Southport Magistrates Court this morning.

Gold Coast News ‏@GoldCoastBureau 2m2 minutes ago

Case against accused balcony killer Gable Tostee adjourned til March. He faced Southport Magistrates Court this morning.

:banghead::gaah:

Bridget Judd ‏@BridgetJuneJudd 2m2 minutes ago

Gable Tostee has sought an adjournment, and will reappear in court on March 13 over death of Warriena Wright @abcgoldcoast

Gable Tostee has sought an adjournment, and will reappear in court on March 13 over death of Warriena Wright @abcgoldcoast

Which is a Friday. just for trivia.

Delay after delay after delay... wonder how long the court will let him do that, I'm betting there's more to come. Still, it also offers the cops more time so maybe it's a good thing.

B7G1sMzCYAEwgtC.jpg

Accused murderer Gable Tostee has sought an adjournment, and will face court again on March 13 @abcgoldcoast

Which is a Friday. just for trivia.

Delay after delay after delay... wonder how long the court will let him do that, I'm betting there's more to come. Still, it also offers the cops more time so maybe it's a good thing.

:toastred: Friday 13 March, great :ghost::ghost::ghost:

Flanked by new lawyer Nick Dore, Tostee arrived early for his day in court, dressed in a stylish dark blue shirt and slacks.

Tostee, who has boasted of bedding more than 150 women, was not required to say anything during the brief appearance, where Mr Dore asked for a further adjournment.

He will reappear in the same court on March 13.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...from-his-balcony/story-fnihsrf2-1227181972488

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth