NY - Staten Island boy, 9, stabbed on his way to school

Reaction score
A 9-year-old boy walking to school was stabbed in the neck and head on Staten Island Friday in an unprovoked attack caught on video.

Jermaine Culver, 9, was trudging down Union Ave. near Leyden Ave. as snow fell in Mariners Harbor when he was stabbed three times with an unknown object by a man at 7:55 a.m., cops and relatives said.

The child was walking to school PS 44 in Mariner's Bay, Staten Island when he was attacked. He was just two blocks away from Public School 44, where he is in the fifth grade, according to relatives.

“It looks like he’s trying to kill that kid,” said Luis Padilla, 44, whose surveillance camera caught the stunning attack.

“He went straight for the jugular.”

The footage reveals the psycho trailed Jermaine down the block before pouncing, grabbing him around the neck with his left hand and stabbing him in the upper shoulder and neck.

Jermaine stumbled a few steps before regaining his footing and sprinting away.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ten-island-school-article-1.2071867?cid=bitly
-----

The included video (shot from afar) is chilling, but not graphic. It was such a relief to see him run away at the end - according to family members quoted in other articles, he wasn't even aware that he had been stabbed in the head, just "punched."

I really hope they catch this psychopath SOON. My bet is that he's a transient who was experiencing paranoid delusions. The alternative (someone of sound mind) is even more horrifying to imagine.

(I did a search and didn't see this posted, sorry in advance, mods, if this has to be merged/moved)

A handsome child. I hope they catch the psychopath soon.

article-stab-19.jpg

Tragic ending? Article suggests the boy is still alive.

My mistake. Thought I read stabbed to death. Blog 101 - read the article carefully. JC is still alive. Thank God! Still need to catch the psychopath.

Retweeted a correction that the victim is alive and perp is still on loose. I agree it is probably a transient with paranoid delusion or a devil disguised as a human. Similar to the other attack of the little boy and girl in an elevator that happened up state. Can't remember if that was Staten Island or New York.

how frightening. So seemingly random. My son is a 5th grader. How do we protect them from random acts of pyschos? We can't. Terrifying. I hope Jermaine heals and has lots of love around him. This man must be found.

Can't even imagine how terrifying that must be for him, even now. Poor sweetheart. To be attacked so viciously, for no reason. So sad. I hope he gets some great counseling to help him heal. Such a handsome young man.

His best physical feature IMO is those beautiful smiling from the inside out eyes. Such a sparkle. I pray this attack does not steal that from him. The whole of light and love and laughter can be found in that sparkle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back