Cadbury Creme Egg debacle set to derail Easter

Ha ha! Tis true over here in the UK it is causing quite a stir, Cadbury's was a British institution until Kraft bought it - stop tinkering with the recipe!

OMG no are they serious??? What do they mean they're changing the chocolate on the outside???

OK OK .. why don't they just do a different one for US markets, like cadbury's has UK chocolate, then there is Australian chocolate (which tastes totally different) but you can get the same thing in UK chocolate if you prefer it here from a UK lolly shoppe etc etc ..

OMG I cannot believe they wont do this for the creme eggs?

They are an institution.

Mrs G, I remember trying Cadbury's (from a supermarket) on a visit to Oz, tasted very different to the original, I was led to believe they have to add something to it to stop it melting. Sadly we don't have that problem here - though our Dairy Milk DOES taste better ;)

There's only 5 in a box now as well - I mean - what are they THINKING?! Everyone knows eggs come in a box of 6.

Mrs G, I remember trying Cadbury's (from a supermarket) on a visit to Oz, tasted very different to the original, I was led to believe they have to add something to it to stop it melting. Sadly we don't have that problem here - though our Dairy Milk DOES taste better ;)

There's only 5 in a box now as well - I mean - what are they THINKING?! Everyone knows eggs come in a box of 6.

Yes that's what they tell us too, it does taste different, thankfully proper English chocolate is available in our supermarkets now.

This is going to cause riots in the UK, I can't see you guys taking this lying down.

I am pretty sure it'll get changed back - loads of pressure on Cadbury's!

We (and I speak for the entire nation of course...) were extremely unhappy that an American company bought it, one that is only known over here for plastic cheese slices. Obvious something was going to go wrong!! I shall endeavour to eat some and report back lol.

#firstworldproblems

Well I can report that I bought a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut bar a couple of weeks ago and it just didn't taste quite right. I wondered at the time whether they had been messing and I suspect they had now. It was bad enough for me to throw away half of it.

Heathens.

I think we knew it was going to end badly when Kraft said there were going to be no redundancies when the takeover was announced and then shut down an entire factory and made 200 people unemployed within a fortnight.

Valid points, Lyra. Hope you have recovered... ;)

I love America and its people, I really do. But they shouldn't be allowed to mess with our beautiful Dairy Milk and they've cocked this one right up.

I shall undertake a very scientific taste test tomorrow and let you know what I think!!

This is causing quite a stir in the UK forum I am on a lot of people are really angry about this. I haven't tasted a new one yet I understand it is 20 calories less than the old one which isn't a bad thing. The box of milk tray I bought my mum at Christmas didn't taste the same but it isn't as bad as cheap Kinnerton chocolate which is awful. I don't know where I will get my Easter eggs this year maybe Aldi.

Dont let them fool you...they already changed it. I occasionally need an intervention for Cadbury mini eggs and it was clear last year that the chocolate formula was different. Bland and grainy. :(

I am thinking this ought to be moved to a proper crime thread

Musical interlude, the which resulting from dumbly staring at the OP's "derail Easter" title. Derail....rail....railroad....train! Easter! (etc. etc. ad blinking nauseum -- it's a degree below zero here and my thoughts are, um, sluggish....) 'Easter on a Train'!" ANYWAY....n.b., went to grad school with the singer's mother.

[video=youtu;0kdVaJuR5LQ]http://youtu.be/0kdVaJuR5LQ[/video]

Okay, next we return you to your Cadbury Egg Creme dilemma. Choo-chooo!

BONUS!!

[video=youtu;9cjOLYhnXe8]http://youtu.be/9cjOLYhnXe8[/video]

Not exactly at all, but kinda.... ("close enough for a WS thread")

[video=youtu;JoHW-Tk-d-k]http://youtu.be/JoHW-Tk-d-k[/video]

Hugely informative. (Wiki, CCE entry)

And here's Guardian....

Shellshock! Cadbury comes clean on Creme Egg chocolate change

---
Monday 12 January 2015 will go down in confectionery history as a bad day. A hurtful day.

The day when it was revealed that Cadbury’s Creme Eggs have changed for ever.

No longer shall the egg shell be made from delicious Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate. It will instead be made from disgusting, foul, vomit-inducing “standard cocoa mix chocolate”.
---
more at the link

I was just in a supermarket and saw a full display of Cadbury Creme Eggs just inside the front door, I knew what to do .. WALK ON BY!! I actually bought REAL eggs for the first time in years and made Vegemite soldiers for lunch. As much as I love Creme Eggs I guess it's just the mini's this year unless things change :D

There is a tonne of outrage here: https://www.facebook.com/cadburycremeegg I love seeing outrage on FB pages because people get so totes emosh

1557209_10152559299510079_2514971061997544653_o.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back